• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I did catch the Vaporeon from last time. It almost never spawns so that would be a pretty goid catch. It doesn’t have the CP I’d like it to have and it has pretty average IVs. But still I got a decent amount of coins from Gyms and now I got 180. I would like to get more so that I could get space to accommodate the new Sinnoh Pokémon.

quake

Only one more turtwig to evolve my max CP turtwig and that's all second tier starters done. Finished off Mew tonight as well!! So satisfying seeing that epic cuteness of it with my other pokes!!!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I caught a Chatot (I'm in the Southern Hemisphere) and I now have 13 Pokémon registered as caught in the Sinnoh Pokédex. I also hatched a Chimecho from a 10 km Egg so I got another Hoenn Pokémon to register towards the Pokédex.

Drummerdude

So far since Tuesday I have been able to get 4 eggs from spinning PokeStops and all 4 have been 5k eggs. I don't want no stinking 5k eggs! Other than that I found a Shinx raid and caught it. I'm currently walking with Slakoth but I may swap it for Shinx seeing as you can actually find Slakoth in the wild. I've also got around 5o of each Sinnoh starter candy and also have enough Kricketot candies to evolve it.

Since my last update, I've registered Bibarel and Kricketune. I have more than enough candies to evolve the Starter Pokemon to their second stages but I'm waiting until I have enough candies for both evolutions for each in case I find a stronger one of them.

My new Pokedex total is 362.
149 Kanto, 94 Johto, 109 Hoenn, and 10 Sinnoh.

quake

Evolved turteig into Grotle so now I have max CP tier 2 evolutions for all the starters. Also found a wild hitmontop which was a surprise! Bagged it with an Ultra ball.

Quick question, can you still get tangela and Porygon from 7km eggs?

quake

Only Alolan Form Pokemon are available in 7k Eggs at the moment!
Thank you :( I need to open gifts and stock back up on berries before Sunday and don't fancy 8 7km eggs I don't need

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
This is from earlier today:

My guy doesn't want to walk. Also ran into a freezing issue last night game wise too when it was starting up. Could hear the music, see the screen and stuff, but the white Pokeball froze and the map didn't load.

Their servers are such crap.

Trying a fix/workaround to see if I can get my guy moving again.

So far so good. My guy is moving again. Did 20 laps.

Tonight:

Still running into loading issues. Took me three times to be able to get on at a gym/Poke Stop. First two times the game froze and the map wouldn't load. And my guy (during all three times) wouldn't walk. Not good.

Going to make sure to delete and redownload Google maps updates before heading out on community day to try to be sure that my guy can/will walk. (Can't afford to do this elsewhere though since it would use up my cellular data.)

I hope that I don't run into this problem during community day. It would suck. :(

Wondering if the loading issues and/or walking issues has to do with receiving friend's requests, gifts and general messages.

Got some items, gifts and also fought against a Blissey. Did pretty well against it with my Rhydon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I hope that I don't run into this problem during community day. It would suck. :(
Hoping you’ll have a good Community Day too without any crashes. And at least a couple of shiny Beldum. I think I now have at least 100 of each.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Bad weather meant no Go for me today. I'll have to spend a little money on the Ultra Box tonight or tomorrow. The Community Box just isn't worth it. Only 3 incubators? For an egg-based event? No thanks. I decided to keep all my shinies and not-quite powerful Pokemon in case I run into any good trades tomorrow, but after that, I'm deleting a lot of stuff. I can only play for half the event, so I figure, based on the Chikorita event, that I'll only catch around 100 Pokemon, which I have room for.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I'll be working during the event, which is typical.

The only event i've managed so far was Chikorita, which i was pleased about.

I'm working on getting Grotle up to Torterra, because i want that as my first fully evolved gen 4, but knowing my luck it will be Infernape :/

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Done my part in today's Beldum Community Day. I caught at least 120 Beldum and because of that I earned myself a Gold Steel Medal. I only caught three shinies, which isn't really a lot. But still I managed to get five Metagross during the event, including one shiny Metagross. One of them has over 3000 CP. No crashes today so that was pretty good.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Got myself a Shiny Beldum and evolved it all through Metagross. IV's are decent, but Attack is 14 which is nice. It now has 2741 CP and moves Zen Headbutt and Meteor Mash.

I hatched a 91% Beldum in summer and evolved it as well, which now has Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash. I didn't power it up though, to give shiny its' credit for the event. It has 2053 CP.

quake

Only got out for an hour and a half but evolved a beldum to Metagross with just under 3000 CP and now my strongest poke!

And as a first, caught a shiny Beldum!! But it was on 10 CP (of course) but still my first successful community day (usually I only get out for 30 minutes) and second shiny ever! First was a wingul. Bring on the next day :)

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I got a lot a Beldum including 3 shinies so that was good. Not so good was my attempt to catch mewtwo, I figured there'd be more people playing since it's a community day (and there were ) but no-else tried this mewtwo raid, it didn't even look like there were any private groups but a wasted a raid pass right at the beginning hoping that the fact that it wasn't empty might entice more people to raid, it was by a park on a main road and I hung around for the entirety of the raid but to no avail.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Hoping you’ll have a good Community Day too without any crashes. And at least a couple of shiny Beldum. I think I now have at least 100 of each.
Thanks!

Had a nice community day. Caught a pair of very nice Beldum, one of which is shiny. Also got an Electabuzz. Got some gifts as well.

Only got out for an hour and a half but evolved a beldum to Metagross with just under 3000 CP and now my strongest poke!

And as a first, caught a shiny Beldum!! But it was on 10 CP (of course) but still my first successful community day (usually I only get out for 30 minutes) and second shiny ever! First was a wingul. Bring on the next day :)
OMG. I got a 10 cp Beldum too! A regular one, but too funny :p.

Drummerdude

I went to an actual park for the first time on a Community Day and had an incredible experience. I bet there were over 500 people just staring at their phones. I ended up catching 4 Shiny Beldum of which 2 were simply amazing so I already evolved both of those into Metagross along with a non-shiny Beldum. It was just fun to interact and see so many people so into the game. There was a Mewtwo raid that I took part in but unfortunately I did not catch it. Good thing I already have two though. Barring bad weather that will be my go to Community Day spot for the future. My only complaint was I was not getting Eggs from Pokestops. I feel like I could have hatched twice as many as I actually did if I had been more fortunate. My only 10k of the day hatched into a Larvitar which was disappointing.

I also got a EX Raid Pass today so I'll just take a long lunch when it happens. Hopefully enough people show for it and I can catch a Deoxys.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I was actually able to play for a while today. Since I closed last night and opened today my manager let me go shortly after 2pm since there was coverage. I got around 100 candy from the event since I went to a local park due to how much road construction is going on this weekend. I was able to get 3 shiny, but all of them were not likely to make any headway in battle. I was able to solo a Tangela raid that showed up a little after 3 with a good chunk of time remaining since I was using Flareon and Moltres in sunny weather. After that a group of nine of us got together and took down a Mewtwo. I didn't catch mine, but it was only 2207 CP so I tried to pinap it instead of golden razz. I evolved a couple metagross that I had hatched from eggs since they were good IV.