• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Completed my Research Breakthrough this morning and was happy and surprised to get Registeel. This was my first Regi, so I hope in the coming weeks I am able to get Regirock and Regice as well.

My new Pokedex total is 430.
149 Kanto, 98 Johto, 119 Hoenn, 62 Sinnoh, and 2 Unknown.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Poké Balls and Great Balls. I think the best thing was the Silver Pinap Berries because they're so rare.
That's not too bad.

Got some walking done today (Pokemon Go) and also got to stop at a Poke Stop and got a gift, some items. Finished up an in game research task of 5 nice throws and then got a new piece of research (power up a Pokemon 5 times -- I'm glad it's an easy task as it's nearing the end of the month). Hoping to get something good from the stamp! It took long enough to get up to 7 stamps. XD

Looking forward to next month's community day, Bagon. Woot. Those things are so hard to find... so I'll appreciate the chance to try to catch as many as I can.

Had one of my Tyranitars in a gym for over 20 hours recently. It just came home tonight lol. Record for me. Surprised me that it lasted as long as it did. So I ended up with 50 coins.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's not too bad.

Got some walking done today (Pokemon Go) and also got to stop at a Poke Stop and got a gift, some items. Finished up an in game research task of 5 nice throws and then got a new piece of research (power up a Pokemon 5 times -- I'm glad it's an easy task as it's nearing the end of the month). Hoping to get something good from the stamp! It took long enough to get up to 7 stamps. XD

Looking forward to next month's community day, Bagon. Woot. Those things are so hard to find... so I'll appreciate the chance to try to catch as many as I can.

Had one of my Tyranitars in a gym for over 20 hours recently. It just came home tonight lol. Record for me. Surprised me that it lasted as long as it did. So I ended up with 50 coins.
It's going to be a really good Community Day! But I just tried an EX Raid with 4 accounts and it didn't really work out. Could be better with another one. The timslot for the raid wasn't that great.

At least I got another chance next week! And a better timeslot!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It's going to be a really good Community Day! But I just tried an EX Raid with 4 accounts and it didn't really work out. Could be better with another one. The timslot for the raid wasn't that great.

At least I got another chance next week! And a better timeslot!
Yep. Dang that sucks.

Sweet.

Got a Registeel tonight! Made one out of two excellent throws... the dang streak broke though... so onto trying again for that either at a raid or via another research event.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. Dang that sucks.

Sweet.

Got a Registeel tonight! Made one out of two excellent throws... the dang streak broke though... so onto trying again for that either at a raid or via another research event.
Yeah sucks a lot.

Still great I get another chance.

Still have to wait a couple of days for my next Research Breakthrough. Can't wait for another Regi. And definitely Bagon Community Day!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah sucks a lot.

Still great I get another chance.

Still have to wait a couple of days for my next Research Breakthrough. Can't wait for another Regi. And definitely Bagon Community Day!
Yea at least you have one. I have no Ex Raid gyms remotely nearby :(. Which one are you hoping for? Yep. Hoping to make some progress on the next Dragon badge. I keep on forgetting to evolve my Eevee I have! Just realized recently that I have that piece of research. Going to have to do it tomorrow. Shouldn't have any issues either as I've walked over 200km with this one lol.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Treecko Community Day could have been better for me. Awesome weather and found a couple people I knew around campus trying to find shinies as well, but after 3 hours of walking I only walked away with 4 shinies. Not that that's a bad thing at all, I'm happy with getting one of each evolution, but when you find 4 shinies and the people you're walking around with find 15 (5 in a row at one point!), it's a little heartbreaking. But after we tried to trade some Treecko to get a Lucky and about 20 trades in we got one! This is my second Lucky Pokemon ever so that was pretty exciting, Lucky Pokemon are much rarer than shinies for me lol.
Then last night I got probably the most exciting thing to happen to me. 7 day Research rewards this month have been pretty terrible for me, I need Registeel and Regice, but I've gotten 2 Entei and a Suicune so far. Kinda sucks when those had their own special months of JUST THEM!!! But I finished my 7 day research expecting another legendary dog to cry about my bad luck to my peeps, but no. GO gives me a freaking SHINY Lugia!!! I'm trying not to freak out at 1am, but this is huge for me because I've never gotten a shiny legendary in GO, I've tried so hard and prayed to the RNG gods but never given that kind of luck. But tonight I unleash a cry, a fruit punch colored Lugia flying behind me, "A shiny legendary... IS MINE!!!"
(I also found a shiny Pidgey a couple days before, yay!)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea at least you have one. I have no Ex Raid gyms remotely nearby :(. Which one are you hoping for? Yep. Hoping to make some progress on the next Dragon badge. I keep on forgetting to evolve my Eevee I have! Just realized recently that I have that piece of research. Going to have to do it tomorrow. Shouldn't have any issues either as I've walked over 200km with this one lol.
Have at least two nearby but everyone raids at one of them. Hoping to get the Gold Dragon badge from Bagon Community Day. So Espeon? At least you can get that one soon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Have at least two nearby but everyone raids at one of them. Hoping to get the Gold Dragon badge from Bagon Community Day. So Espeon? At least you can get that one soon.
Nice! Only one I've found is around 30 or so miles away /facepalm. That's great. Sweet! Hope you luck out. Yep. And it worked out! I have a nice Espeon now :).

Last edited:

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
It was a nice day out, so I did some walking. Hatched a bunch of eggs and what do you know, I hatched a Bonsly, making yesterday's trade less exciting. I also hatched a Dratini and Mareep (and a bunch of babies from the 7km eggs). I got two more 10km eggs today, so I'm working on those. There were absolutely no raids of any level whatsoever in my area during my walk, weirdly enough. I also remembered to open my Mystery Box today and Pinaped 19 Meltans (no shinies). I'm looking forward to Bagon Day. The dragon medal is the only type medal I haven't gotten gold in yet. I'm also curious to see what these Worldwide Events are going to be. Maybe confirm Adventure Day, so that I can finally get and evolve the two Sinnoh fossil Pokemon? I also want another Special Research event. Those are always fun, if frantic. The Bug Out event could also potentially help me with this Skorupi I'm trying to evolve.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice! Only one I've found is around 30 or so miles away /facepalm. That's great. Sweet! Hope you luck out. Yep. And it worked out! I have a nice Espeon now :).
Oh. Well I managed to do a Dialga raid at the last minute but it still ran away. But congrats on Espeon! Now there’s Umbreon to do for the next research.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh. Well I managed to do a Dialga raid at the last minute but it still ran away. But congrats on Espeon! Now there’s Umbreon to do for the next research.
Ah. Dang that sucks :(. Hope you're able to get it next time. Thanks!

Surprised myself today while out hunting :p. Found a shiny Makuhita! Also got some gifts and items.

On a funny note... got hit with a speed warning when I wasn't moving at all! XD My guy was running a bit (due to weird GPS drift) and he got dinged.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. Dang that sucks :(. Hope you're able to get it next time. Thanks!

Surprised myself today while out hunting :p. Found a shiny Makuhita! Also got some gifts and items.

On a funny note... got hit with a speed warning when I wasn't moving at all! XD My guy was running a bit (due to weird GPS drift) and he got dinged.
But Giratina already started. Planning to do some later.

I found my third shiny Growlithe. So I found two on the same week which was really amazing.

Sometimes that has happened to me too but it happens to me more often when I’m inside a building.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
But Giratina already started. Planning to do some later.

I found my third shiny Growlithe. So I found two on the same week which was really amazing.

Sometimes that has happened to me too but it happens to me more often when I’m inside a building.
Ah.

Nice!

Yea I ran into some big drifting in my own house before. Ended up at a Pokestop and then across the street from it lol.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah.

Nice!

Yea I ran into some big drifting in my own house before. Ended up at a Pokestop and then across the street from it lol.
Hoping there’s one up soon. And where a lot of people will attend.

Thanks!

Furthest I have gone from my house from drifting was at the Pokéstop down the street. Unfortunately I didn’t get the time to spin that stop.

Drummerdude

I ended up catching 2 Shiny Lotad and 2 Shiny Castform today. I still have 3 Lotad challenges to complete but I'm not expecting much. I also hit Level 37 and caught a random Shiny Swablu so that was awesome!

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
It's been raining all day, and I'm not dying to get a shiny Castform or Lotad, nor do I need a Ludicolo, so I mostly bowed out of today's event. I got a couple Lotads, and I'm sitting on 3 more Lotad research (all completed) so that I don't have to worry about research for the next few days. I did manage to hatch a Cranidos today, so that helps massively towards getting a Rampardos, and I did two Giratina raids today (caught both, 6 rare candies total). Hope you guys had a lot more fun with today's event!

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I really wanted a shiny Lotad, but i couldn't get enough research to find one, all i could manage was a Castform which is worthless to me :'(