• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah.

Wow. Nice. Is there any chance that they could hatch as a shiny?

My 5km egg is around 3km right now, so I'm hoping to get it done today.

Woot! It just hatched and I finally got a Trapinch! :) Working on my 10km egg now.
No, Munchlax won’t hatch shiny. Still I haven’t hatched a shiny from an Egg ever.

Will be doing an Uxie raid soon! That’ll be my second one!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
No, Munchlax won’t hatch shiny. Still I haven’t hatched a shiny from an Egg ever.

Will be doing an Uxie raid soon! That’ll be my second one!
Ah dang it. I hope you get one soon! I ran into my first one not too long ago (a Pichu).

Sweet.

Did over 11k steps today, so I got some work done on my new egg.

Jiggins

Opened my last meltan box before the event end, managed to get 2 shiny meltan back to back. So now I can have a shiny of each evolution :D:D

Debating sending one to let's go, but I think I will wait and see if let's go has connectivity with sword and shield before I do that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah dang it. I hope you get one soon! I ran into my first one not too long ago (a Pichu).

Sweet.

Did over 11k steps today, so I got some work done on my new egg.
And I hatched another Riolu from a 7 km Egg! Now I have enough candies to evolve one into Lucario.

I caught another shiny Psyduck! It's been a while from the Brazil Safari event and it was back then I found and caught my first shiny Psyduck.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And I hatched another Riolu from a 7 km Egg! Now I have enough candies to evolve one into Lucario.

I caught another shiny Psyduck! It's been a while from the Brazil Safari event and it was back then I found and caught my first shiny Psyduck.
Congrats!

Nice. Haven't found one on my end. Psyducks hardly spawn where I'm at.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Congrats!

Nice. Haven't found one on my end. Psyducks hardly spawn where I'm at.
Thanks!

Sometimes they spawn around the time when it rains but they aren’t too common in my area.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Thanks!

Sometimes they spawn around the time when it rains but they aren’t too common in my area.
You're welcome.

Ah. Sounds about right on my end too.

D*N

Musical Star
I hatched like almost two shinies in a row from eggs, when I didn't have any shinies from that before :eek:. I got a smoochum and a magby. Nice to see it's possible haha

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome.

Ah. Sounds about right on my end too.
Yeah true. Mostly Growlithes, Slugmas, Numels and Barboaches I run into. But looks like interest in Uxie has well faded in my area.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I completely forgot the Shiny Meltan Box event and rushed to do it until the remaining four hours. Luckily, I got myself a Shiny Meltan in my 8th encounter, in my first, and eventually the last box of the entire event.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah true. Mostly Growlithes, Slugmas, Numels and Barboaches I run into. But looks like interest in Uxie has well faded in my area.
I've been seeing more Barboaches and some other Pokemon in my area, mainly common ones. Nothing too rare lately. I'm up to around 2km on my 10km egg so far.

Holy Arceus... we're getting a Detective Pikachu event!

Guess I might have a shot at a shiny Psyduck after all! :)

Last edited:
Completed my Research Breakthrough today and much to my excitement got Latios! This was my first Latios, which had me thrilled. I do wish this month had been the Regis and the Latis, though, because I still need Regice from the trio. Either way, though, I am very excited to (hopefully) get Latias in the coming weeks!

Also, side note, I really wish Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie had been rare random encounters. They felt right to be the first Legendaries to be in that capacity (not sure why it felt right, but it did lol). I was really excited, but now I likely won't be able to get them until they're eventually in Research Breakthroughs.

My new Pokedex total is 436.
149 Kanto, 98 Johto, 122 Hoenn, 65 Sinnoh, and 2 Unknown.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I've been seeing more Barboaches and some other Pokemon in my area, mainly common ones. Nothing too rare lately. I'm up to around 2km on my 10km egg so far.

Holy Arceus... we're getting a Detective Pikachu event!

Guess I might have a shot at a shiny Psyduck after all! :)
Evolved a few more Pokémon for my Dex and I got Lucario and Rampardos. So a few more for my Sinnoh Dex.

The Detective Pikachu event looks great! Looking forward to shiny Aipom and Ambipom. Maybe I could get another shiny Psyduck.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Evolved a few more Pokémon for my Dex and I got Lucario and Rampardos. So a few more for my Sinnoh Dex.

The Detective Pikachu event looks great! Looking forward to shiny Aipom and Ambipom. Maybe I could get another shiny Psyduck.
Nice! I'm hoping for either a Riolu or a Cranidos. I'd be ok with a Shieldon too. Any of those three would be nice. And at least I have a shot now since they finally took Porygon out of the 10km pool. That's mainly what I got from those eggs before :p.

Hope you can get one of them!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice! I'm hoping for either a Riolu or a Cranidos. I'd be ok with a Shieldon too. Any of those three would be nice. And at least I have a shot now since they finally took Porygon out of the 10km pool. That's mainly what I got from those eggs before :p.

Hope you can get one of them!
Still haven’t gotten Shieldon yet but if I do get one, I’ll invest candies into evolving it. Now I have a focus on filling up the Sinnoh Dex.

Thanks! But big rip to the newer Pokémon (Gen 5 and later) that missed out.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Still haven’t gotten Shieldon yet but if I do get one, I’ll invest candies into evolving it. Now I have a focus on filling up the Sinnoh Dex.

Thanks! But big rip to the newer Pokémon (Gen 5 and later) that missed out.
Nice hope you do. I'm just working on filling any of the Pokedex holes I have now, anything from events and anything that is region limited, I'll do without.

You're welcome.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wow, today, only four days after my last Shiny, I found a new Shiny Roselia sitting in my inventory. Unfortunately I already had three Shiny Roselia from the event that boosted their Shiny rate last summer, but a legitimate Shiny is still a legitimate Shiny. That's four Shinies in a month and three in about two weeks. Have I just hit some sort of saturation point where Shinies pop up left and right for me? I can't possibly imagine why I'm finding so many more this month than I have been for the past six months, and why I couldn't even find a single Shiny before that. My luck is just growing exponentially, I guess.

To add to that luck, I found another Lapras today as well. Unfortunately it fled from me, but since I just found one the other day, I didn't care as much.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice hope you do. I'm just working on filling any of the Pokedex holes I have now, anything from events and anything that is region limited, I'll do without.

You're welcome.
Yeah thanks. Still would like to get some better Pokémon that can evolve with the Sinnoh Stone and then I can really get into filling in the gaps.

And yeah the event starts tomorrow. So soon!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah thanks. Still would like to get some better Pokémon that can evolve with the Sinnoh Stone and then I can really get into filling in the gaps.

And yeah the event starts tomorrow. So soon!
Yep. And it's that much more of a challenge in more rural areas.

Word. I'm excited for it to start. Then onto work for Detective Pikachu.