• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
From the Adventure Week Research, I got no shinies but got a 100 IV Anorith. Current event looks great compared to Adventure Week especially with boosted spawns and I just got a shiny Horsea! Can’t wait for more shinies.

And I can confirm my Adventure Sync is working again.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
From the Adventure Week Research, I got no shinies but got a 100 IV Anorith. Current event looks great compared to Adventure Week especially with boosted spawns and I just got a shiny Horsea! Can’t wait for more shinies.

And I can confirm my Adventure Sync is working again.
Congrats on the Anorith and the working Adventure Sync! :) And on the shiny Horsea! No luck on my end, but I'm planning on walking some more and I hope some normal type Pokémon spawn, as I need 3 more to get a stamp. Then I only have one left and then I can get my research reward Pokémon.

Went up to the Stop today, got 2 gifts, some more items, got enough candies to evolve one of my Pokémon and caught a 1213cp Wailmer.

Last edited:

geojenn03

Here's to hoping! I ended up tossing the three star raid one as it was just for a Dratini (I already have a shiny one), and I got the event one. Now I have the win any raid and the two Excellent throws in a row. First one won't be as much of a pain as the second lol.

Don't know how I'll pull off an Excellent curveball for a pair of other research I have to do. It's hard enough doing a straight Excellent throw.

The 7km egg finally hatched... into a Magby. Evolved it and then put in my 2km egg into incubate. Got the new egg to hatch and it was a Chimchar. So now I just put in my last 2km egg into the incubator.
I found if you wait for a pokemon that moves left and right on the screen it's easier to attempt the curved excellent throw. Just make sure it's a pokemon that doesn't move fast in those directions though and stays to the left or right for a period of time so you have time to set up the toss.

~Geojenn

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I found if you wait for a pokemon that moves left and right on the screen it's easier to attempt the curved excellent throw. Just make sure it's a pokemon that doesn't move fast in those directions though and stays to the left or right for a period of time so you have time to set up the toss.

~Geojenn
Thanks for the tip! Definitely wouldn't try that one out on a Combee lol. Will have to give it a shot sometime.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Got back from the Chicago GO Fest, I had a blast there. Caught a bunch of Unown and Pachirisu for the community that need them. Got my lovely Jirachi. Also came out with a lot of shinies: Geodude, Mawhile, Horsea, Machop x2, Shuppet, Lapras, Duskull x2, Bronzor, Snubbull, Sableye, Psyduck, Lotad, Grimer, Pineco, Magikarp, Poochyena (traded for Drifloon which became lucky), Absol (don't remember what I traded for it tho), and a shiny Ho-oh for my shiny Lugia. The group I went with had some better luck than me, one of which found over 25 shinies (two before we even entered the park!). Two of them also found a shiny Snorunt which I wanted the most out of everything there.
The place was booming with people. If you got Tropius, Relicanth, Chatot, Torkoal, Volbeat, Uxie, or Mesprit, then you're gonna have a lot of people begging to trade with you lol.
Our group played non-stop from start to finish during the Fest, only stopped for a bit to grab some merch while we were there (hint to anyone going, go get merch quick, otherwise the cool stuff sells out fast). We completely skipped breakfast AND lunch which probably wasn't the smartest thing to do considering we probably walked for well over a dozen miles during the event lol.
It seemed like the event was organized a lot better than previous years. It sounded like shiny Abra and shiny Clefairy were accidentally put out early in the event but we didn't see any shinies of those sadly. Luckily it didn't rain during the event so we didn't have to worry about that, but there was rain earlier so the sand area was kinda muddy. My probably one complaint about the entire event was that there were no raids, I think it would have been fun to have exclusive gyms in the park (but not be able to put Pokemon in it cause it might glitch the Pokemon inside away once it's taken down), but with like 10,000 people there I'm sure there would have been some problems.
But yeah, despite my legs feeling like jello, I had a great time there and I'd do it again if I had the opportunity and time again.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Got a shiny Swinub! Never expected that since I have never found a Community Day shiny outside of Community Day and it's the first time it happened. Still looking for shinies I haven't gotten before.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Got a shiny Swinub! Never expected that since I have never found a Community Day shiny outside of Community Day and it's the first time it happened. Still looking for shinies I haven't gotten before.
Nice! Congrats on the catch.

Put in a 10km egg into the incubator... might as well work on hatching it while Adventure Sync is working lol.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice! Congrats on the catch.

Put in a 10km egg into the incubator... might as well work on hatching it while Adventure Sync is working lol.
Yeah thanks!

Still hatching 7 km Eggs. Wouldn't be bad if I get another shiny from it either.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah thanks!

Still hatching 7 km Eggs. Wouldn't be bad if I get another shiny from it either.
You're welcome!

Nice! Hope you do. I'm hoping for something good from the 10km one.

quake

This game is funny, after my rant last week I ended up getting two shiny horsea and a shiny Magikarp today. It's seems a trend, nothing for one event then loads for the next

Drummerdude

I couldn't find a Shiny Horsea unfortunately but I did end up with a Shiny Magikarp, a Shiny Misdreavus and a Shiny Wailmer. I was really hoping I would find a Snorunt or Drifloon but I can't be bothered to waste more time looking for a shiny. I'm also close to 50k for the week so I should hit it easily compared to last week where I was literally scrambling at the last minute to make it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Shiny Lotad popped up for me on the last day. Really made up for both Adventure Week and Lotad Research Day. Got another 10 km Egg from Adventure Sync and I'm incubating it to see what it hatches into.

quake

I have enough candy to finally evolve Wailmer but I'm hesitant especially that the Jirachi special research could be right around the corner and id be so annoyed if it was a requirement. Also should I evolve my male or female burmy first? By end of tomorrow I'll have enough candies but can't make my mind up

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Finally got done with the Normal Type research, got the last 3 caught, now have a hatch an egg one to complete. Also got some gifts and items today from a Stop.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Just got done with a Hawai’i vacation. Only caught one Corsola. I saw a Gible silhouette at one point, but it was too far away to get to it in time, which really disappointed me. I have plenty of trade bait for people who still need their distance badge.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Ended up catching one last shiny before the event ended: Sableye. Not a Horsea, but I've spent a lot of time at Sableye nests only to come up empty, so I was really excited about it. Especially since I tapped on it and said, "be gold," and it was. LOL

Anyway, still looking for Cherubi and Gible. Eggs haven't been too kind in terms of them, but I'll keep hatching as many as I can. I'm also excited for Raikou day (whenever they choose to have it) as Raikou is probably my current favorite legendary beast. Entei and Suicune have different sentimental value to me, but I've grown to really like the saber toothed guy!

Xionea

Half a centaur
During the event back home I ended up finding a shiny Wailmer and a shiny Psyduck. Pretty happy for the Wailmer cause I was waaay over odds for that shiny, but the Psyduck is trade fodder for me. Also traded my spare shiny Pineco for a shiny Anorith, finishing that line for me. The friend that traded me the Anorith is actually kinda close to having a full shiny living dex, so I'm gonna be trading him some shines I don't mind sacrificing for the greater good over the next few days.
I also finally hatched my first ever Riolu! I ended up pumping 40~ rare candies out of the 300 I never use so I could get a Lucario right away. In addition to that, I also put some rare candies in to get a Luxray, Rampardos, Magmortar, and a Gorebyss (after 3 Huntail!) since those were taking forever to get. And in about 1km I'll have the candy to get my final female Burmy evolution, completing that line. Once that's done.... I don't know. I think I'll have evolved everything for the dex at that point, so other than regionals and Pokemon not in the game yet, I just need to hatch another Riolu, hatch a Cherubi, and catch 3 Gible (which i can rare candy for Gible and Garchomp) then my living dex should be all caught up? Kind of a weird feeling since this hasn't happened to me since Day 1 of the game's release.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Heads up to anyone with an Android phone... just ran into a big data issue while in a gym/raid... ended up using near 70mbs today... around 50mbs of that was from the Android OS and 13mbs from Pokemon Go (which is normal from it). This is just untenable. I just checked and it seems to be related to the GPS... and that never used so much data in one go before.

Last edited:

Drummerdude

I got a couple 10k eggs today so I'm hoping one of them will be a Gible. I also did a Kyogre raid today since I won't be able to take part in the Raid Hour tomorrow night. It was raining but the game said cloudy so I didn't get the weather boost unfortunately.