• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

quake

Ok, I’m a little annoyed that most of the Galarian pokémon for the Chanpion Challenge will only be available through 7km eggs. I like that the Unova pokémon will get some attention, & at least Galarian Meowth will be available in the wild, but at the same time I’ve been saving Zigzagoon candies since I was hoping to catch a Galarian Zigzagoon of my own & evolve it straight into Obstagoon. Now I have to get it through an egg, which is basically a crapshoot between which eggs you receive as a gift, and whether or not you get an egg at all.
The post isnt that clear but I feel that during that week the galarian pokemon will be the main 7km hatches. We'll have to see when it's released but I'm hopeful that it shouldn't be to hard or long before one hatches.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I had a really obnoxious time with the throwback research today. The past two days I've gone on hour long walks while stuck on the catch a Ghost-Type task, and found absolutely nothing, even with incenses running. My brother didn't find one either with his incenses, but he lucked out because he never claimed his Spiritomb special research from Halloween. So when I get back from my walk today, I know that there's practically no chance of me being able to find a Ghost-Type before 1 PM tomorrow when the research switches over. So I ended up getting in the car and driving to the most active spawn area in my town for no reason other than to catch a Ghost-Type. I would never bother doing something like this in most cases, but I refuse to miss out on the Genesect. Suffice it to say, I was annoyed. At least a Duskull spawned right away in the parking lot of my destination. So I was either having terrible luck, or they seriously needed to boost the Duskull spawns more than they did. That was not fun.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m guessing Pokémon Go will be down June 1st so they can code the Galarian forms into the game for the final research event, though I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this also means we’ll finally get Home transfers next month

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I’m guessing Pokémon Go will be down June 1st so they can code the Galarian forms into the game for the final research event, though I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this also means we’ll finally get Home transfers next month

I'm going to say it very likely has absolutely nothing to do with the Galarian Forms, as Niantic has shown time and time again that they can add new Pokémon and forms to the game without shutting the game down. This is the first time they've ever had to do this, and yet they've added hundreds of new Pokémon and forms before. This should be no different.

There's a very real chance that this is simply server maintenance or something else in the background that we'll never notice. I sure hope it's something bigger than that, but there's no telling.

quake

I had a really obnoxious time with the throwback research today. The past two days I've gone on hour long walks while stuck on the catch a Ghost-Type task, and found absolutely nothing, even with incenses running. My brother didn't find one either with his incenses, but he lucked out because he never claimed his Spiritomb special research from Halloween. So when I get back from my walk today, I know that there's practically no chance of me being able to find a Ghost-Type before 1 PM tomorrow when the research switches over. So I ended up getting in the car and driving to the most active spawn area in my town for no reason other than to catch a Ghost-Type. I would never bother doing something like this in most cases, but I refuse to miss out on the Genesect. Suffice it to say, I was annoyed. At least a Duskull spawned right away in the parking lot of my destination. So I was either having terrible luck, or they seriously needed to boost the Duskull spawns more than they did. That was not fun.
I am like this right now with the Sinnoh tasks, like where are all these ground types! I checked the list and its only Hippodown and im gobsmacked! Dreading the ghost part of this task as well

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I am like this right now with the Sinnoh tasks, like where are all these ground types! I checked the list and its only Hippodown and im gobsmacked! Dreading the ghost part of this task as well

Difference is, you still have a week left, as opposed to my 18 hours. I'm sure you'll be able to find stuff over the next few days. If not, then you worry. Here's hoping.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Difference is, you still have a week left, as opposed to my 18 hours. I'm sure you'll be able to find stuff over the next few days. If not, then you worry. Here's hoping.
Yeah, I was worried about the Fighting type portion of the second task but I managed to find a Croagunk after long enough.

If you want to increase your chances, try paying attention to the whether when using your incenses (if you have any) since they could effect which types will spawn more often.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I couldn't find a Ground type as of right now. I haven't seen a single one since starting this Go Event. I already used two incenses.

Edit: Well, I lucked out when I found a shadow Sandshrew at a Rocket Stop. I was then able to walk to the said stop to catch the Ghost type.

Last edited:

quake

Yeah I guess but I'm having a hard time understanding how you didn't get a ghost sooner. They spawn like mad at night time and they also had Sabeleye in 2 star raids and I saw at least 3 a day in the raids in my area.

On the plus side I found my hippo and for steel I did a mawile raid. Now I just need a walking candy and then I'm on 8/9 which seems easy to do

Drummerdude

I got lucky with some of the spawns and finished my Sinnoh research this morning. I enjoyed all the special researches even though I got 0 shinies and all my Legendaries were 2 stars. I've been hoarding gifts from friends for next week though so I can hopefully get all the Galarian forms without too much hassle.

quake

Finished the Sinnoh tasks and caught a shiny glameow in the process! I got my lucky shiny eevee to ultra buddy because I'm assuming Sylveon will eventually be that rank (I don't see it being best buddy because then everyone would only get a Sylveon with a ribbon on it). Bring on Galarian forms!

Pokemon Power

Man, I'm having trouble proceeding with the Sinnoh missions because I can't find a Ghost-type Pokemon. I'm using all the incense I can, I've only seen one Drifloon thus far, and it ran away after I used my first ball on it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just finished the Sinnoh missions earlier today & now I'm watching the livestream for the Seedot event (even though it's giving me Glimwood Tangle flashbacks). I'm not taking part in this community day since I already have a Shiftry & I'm low on items, but I'm trying to get the codes that pop up in the stream

KahunaLagoonaEX

I can see from your post that clearly care a whole ton about IVs, and that's cool, but I think you should just let them be happy with their Deino, regardless of its IVs. Anything that hatches from eggs has okay IVs, and not everything needs to be 100% IVs. IVs only have actual meaning if you plan on powering your Pokémon all the way, and even then, the difference between an 80% and a 100% is marginal at best.

Personally, I'd take a 0% Deino right now. I just want a Hydreigon, and I don't care what its IVs are.

Tis true. I mean I can't scoff at that whole thing given my 100% Mewtwo, Latios, & Lugia; but a good portion of my Pokemon Go friends usually have 100% IV Mons right as they release - so I can't help but be a tad biased towards CP. If it isn't that, then it's completing a living Pokedex.

As for this Community Day... Uh... I'm going to have to go with consensus, Niantic really should've went along with the Unova starters and everything already. There's no shortage of Mons to use to highlight as Community Day Pokemon if they want to delay the Unova mons due to being "Too New" but whatever...

So results... Since my last post Hoenn Research came and went - Barely got jack in terms of good mons outside a Shiny Groudon, so there's that. Caught a shiny Poochyena the day Sinnoh Research dropped and now I have a 2nd one, evolved that for the Living Dex.

Everyone here had issues with Sinnoh Research and having a Ghost type meanwhile I did a stupid thing and had the Mysterious Box be used to catch Meltan for the Steel-Type Pokemon Requirement - forgot that you can't mass transfer Mythicals. Also got Cresselia for the first time, didn't mind if it was shiny or not, so Living Dex has a new member.

Today though I caught 22 Shiny Seedot, surpassing Treecko & Abra as my most common Shiny Pokemon in Go (Both at a max of 10 - 5 Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam transferred to Let's Go) when I only intended to catch 5 - One Seedot and two Nuzleaf/Shiftry for Living Dex due to Gender Differences. (Really going to help when Go gets compatible with HOME.) I got my first Shiny Shiftry and Nuzleaf as girls, and then got a boy which became my Shiny Male Shiftry, only to catch five females before I got my 2nd Shiny Male to be my Shiny Male Nuzleaf. After that I kinda just said "Meh, I'll continue with this event" and caught/kept any and all Shinies as I could get, while transferring the rest. Got a ton of Stardust as I live in an area where it's mostly Sunny weather and got the weather boost there.

Also got a 100 Shiftry at the end of the Special Research, so that's nice.

quake

So weedle in June and Gastly in July, honestly can't say I'm surprised and lucky enough out of the three that already have shinys released, Gastly was the shiny I haven't gotten yet. If the schedule is correct, August and September will be a vote between Caterpie, Charmander, Grimer and Porygon (probably Charmander and Porygon) and then October and November will be Bulbasaur, Starly, Magikarp and Exeggcute (Starly and maybe Bulbasaur?). December will be the usual every CD weekend

Pokemon Power

All right!! I've done all four throwback challenges, which means I'm officially qualified for the Champion round! I just hope there isn't a task involving trading, because all my friends in Go are far away.

quake

All right!! I've done all four throwback challenges, which means I'm officially qualified for the Champion round! I just hope there isn't a task involving trading, because all my friends in Go are far away.
I think they've eliminated that for now with social distancing still in place and also some countries still in a soft lock down

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Crap, I did an accidental release. There goes Shiny Seedot.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Completed the Sinnoh research today. Gensect, here I come. At this point, I'm just praying they don't put some sort of ridiculous task like "catch a Dragon-Type," on the Genesect research and make it time-limited like the others. I'm hoping it won't even be time-limited to begin with, since there's a version you can purchase, and it would be a scummy to time-limit something that people paid money for.

You have my condolences.

quake

This is why I favorite all my shiny pokemon. I feel sorry for you!