• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The change of weather has given me a boon in terms of adding Pokemon, though I am quite a bit from getting a number of Hoenn evolutions to get that gold metal. On the Mew event, I really wish I had waited to evolve my Magikarp for now; it's gonna take forever to evolve another one

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, Niantic claims they are listening to player feedback, and have thus lowered the Mega Energy cost to Mega Evolve (from 50 to 40 for the Starters) and raised the amount yo can get from raids (from max 50 to max 70). It still costs the same for the initial Mega Evolution.

Honestly, while this is slightly better, it doesn't address any of the actual problems with the system. It's a bit nicer that I can get more energy than I need for one Mega Evolution from one raid, but it doesn't change the fact that I still have to go out of my way to do one or more Mega Raids in order to get a Mega Pokémon to help me out with one or two Legendary Raids. It's just not worth it, no matter how much they lower the candy. If you're going to put in the time, resources, effort, and possibly money that it takes to Mega Evolve a Pokémon, then it should be your permanently. I saw some people calling Mega Evolution a "rental." Under the current system, that's basically what it is. We need to be able to own them, not rent them, for the system to work.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
If only they make the evolution permanent...

That would kind of go against the point of Mega Evolution, which is a temporary power boost, even in the main series game. Wouldn't really make sense for it to be permanent here (even if I did half expect Niantic to make it permanent just because they suck at implementing form changes).

What it could be though is once you pay the 200 initial cost it becomes free once per day, which would essentially make it permanent, while still maintaining the temporary aspect.

quake

So this event had some good shiny spawns. I got a Shiny Roselia, Shiny Treeko by 3, Shiny Tangela and Shiny Lotad. My friend had two Shiny Omanyte so I traded one of my Shiny Gible for it since I had a spare one and the trade was lucky. Guess he got the better deal out of it but I'm not complaining.

Also, weird how Niantic haven't announced anything about Pidgeot yet. Did we hit the 2mil Mega Raids with the boycotting?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Is it just me or are Rhyhorn rather easy to capture? Then again, their size makes better circles easier to hit

thekorean

For those who live in areas where Heracross or Corsola spawn, are nthey available via raid?

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
I don't think so, because Tauros isn't in raids where I live. I just got mine via trades.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think I’m just about done with the Battle League. I’ve had problems with the game crashing in the middle of a match before, but I just tried doing three matches & it crashed during EVERY SINGLE BATTLE!!

Plus, the Unova throwback challenge doesn’t seem to count the Battle League as “Battling another trainer 15 times,” so I don’t really have anything left to gain from this -__-

On a more positive note, I finally synced up Go to my Pokéball Plus & I love it!! I’m going to wait until the Porygon event next Saturday to really use it though since it goes through a lot of my pokéballs

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I think I’m just about done with the Battle League. I’ve had problems with the game crashing in the middle of a match before, but I just tried doing three matches & it crashed during EVERY SINGLE BATTLE!!

Plus, the Unova throwback challenge doesn’t seem to count the Battle League as “Battling another trainer 15 times,” so I don’t really have anything left to gain from this -__-

On a more positive note, I finally synced up Go to my Pokéball Plus & I love it!! I’m going to wait until the Porygon event next Saturday to really use it though since it goes through a lot of my pokéballs
Have you reported the problems to Niantic?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
For those who live in areas where Heracross or Corsola spawn, are nthey available via raid?

No regional Pokémon is available in raids.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Have you reported the problems to Niantic?
Will they even listen? I just assume they’ll give some vague solution that won’t really help since I had the same problem with Nintendo support

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Will they even listen? I just assume they’ll give some vague solution that won’t really help since I had the same problem with Nintendo support
It's worth a shot and it couldn't hurt.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Anyone live in areas where they spawn? let me know.

I answered you already. There are no regional Pokémon in raids anywhere in the world. The only regional Pokémon to have ever been in raids were Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirit, due to their questionable unique position as regional Legendary Pokémon.

thekorean

I answered you already. There are no regional Pokémon in raids anywhere in the world. The only regional Pokémon to have ever been in raids were Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirit, due to their questionable unique position as regional Legendary Pokémon.
Nah I got you.
I am asking if anyone here live where Heracross and Corsolas spawn (not in raids).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Nah I got you.
I am asking if anyone here live where Heracross and Corsolas spawn (not in raids).

Oh sorry, my bad. I thought you were trying to reiterate the question.