• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So the mythical quests have been quite expedient, but at times there always seems to be the one thing left to do. There's win 5 raids(for a matter of time for me), catch Cubone(more me trying to find locale) but trade a Pokemon is difficult when the only neighbor you have you aren't sure where she lives exactly. I'm happy to see getting that gold Hoenn medal, but I'm about nine short of a Johto medal

I have also managed to get a fair few shinies through sheer randomness. Yellow egg raids are too much for me; I'm going to need to hope someone joins me or I'm seriously going to have to give my Pokemon big stonks and all the aces two charge moves. Though some aces need better fast moves.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I did manage to get a good Porygon-Z out of the CD, but after reading an article from Pokemon GO Hub, I realised just how bad of a move Tri-Attack really is. What a letdown of a CD if you ask me.

quake

I did manage to get a good Porygon-Z out of the CD, but after reading an article from Pokemon GO Hub, I realised just how bad of a move Tri-Attack really is. What a letdown of a CD if you ask me.
Everyone was hoping it would be a body slam situation but this is just another CD to get a free shiny and leave it in storage.

I literally got one shiny within the first 20 mins of playing, evolved it and logged off for the day

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Caught 12 Shiny Porygon, with one being very strong in stats, so I evolved that one into a Porygon2, then into Porygon-Z.

My fingers feel like they were put in a meat grinder. I hate this game. Really hoping that go to home thing is actually happening.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've gotten a surfeit of Porygon, and like five shiny Porygon

One of the positives is that I was able to get three excellent curveball throws. I literally only have to keep up visiting Pokestops in a row for about a week(which is what I usually do anyway) and Jirachi will finally be mine in GO

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh my, this new event they announced today is absolutely disgusting. It's not an event, it's an over-glorified, week-long advertisement. Disgusting, utterly disgusting. At least last time they did this (with that one hat Pikachu) it was only one event Pokémon and only lasted for the weekend. Now it's going to be everywhere (wild, raids, eggs, photos, special research, etc) for a week. I sure hope Niantic is getting paid a whole ton of money for this, because they are seriously going to upset a good portion of their playerbase.

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
Wow, i got 12 porygon also, and tri attack was a major letdown. also man, I like Mega Pidgeot's design.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Anyone experience Mega photobombing? I have an I ended up getting a Charizard and Blastoise for it

DR.gonzo

Cheers for the request RedJirachi . Added you mate .

Just got Shiny Koffin from James . Oi oi

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Huh, so Niantic is introducing a new version of Ash Hat Pikachu with the "World Cap" based on Ash's Pokémon Journeys hat. That's pretty interesting. Extremely random and seemingly without an actual reason, but still interesting.

Last edited:

DR.gonzo

Does anybody even care about these cosmetic Pokémon ?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

You mean the Pokémon with hats and costumes? I wouldn't say I care about them in the sense that they matter a lot to me, but I do find them to be fun additions to the game, especially ones like Ash Hat Pikachu. In the end, the main point of the game is collecting Pokémon, so having more unique stuff to collect is a good thing.

However, what I do not care for are the advertisement ones. That one hat Pikachu we got last year and the several hat Pokémon we'll be getting for that week long glorified advertisement coming up. Those are disgusting and can stay out of the game.

quake

When we eventually get Z-moves ill be pumped to have it on my Ash hat Pikachu but outside of that and glasses squirtle not really no.

But I am hoping for sunglasses Sandile and Pancham when they get released

Bus

So, I haven't been keeping up with the news. Is there a reason the world seems to be littered with Arbok right now? I have rarely seen Ekans, now Arbok is absolutely everywhere for me. And there seems to be an uptick in Snorlax, too.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, I haven't been keeping up with the news. Is there a reason the world seems to be littered with Arbok right now? I have rarely seen Ekans, now Arbok is absolutely everywhere for me. And there seems to be an uptick in Snorlax, too.

It's because of the event running right now, the "Mega Buddy" event. For some obscure reason, the spotlight spawns for the event are Pokémon with large catch circles.

Bus

It's because of the event running right now, the "Mega Buddy" event. For some obscure reason, the spotlight spawns for the event are Pokémon with large catch circles.
O-oh. That's...why? I mean, I don't hate that, but...that seems so random. What does large catching circles have to do with Mega Pokemon??

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I succeeded at completing the Jirachi event. Keep up my daily GO excursions, and I'll be at Step 7 of the Celebi event. The real issue now is how am I going to get Zapdos in the alloted time. I have friends and such, but Zapdos doesn't have a quad weakness to exploit. Heck, it's only weaknesses are Rock and Ice. Rhyperior can only go so far

I was able to thanks to a neigbhor complete my first legendary raid. I got me an Articuno

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
O-oh. That's...why? I mean, I don't hate that, but...that seems so random. What does large catching circles have to do with Mega Pokemon??

Beats me.

Pokemon Power

Won my first Mega Raid today. Granted, I had help from seven other trainers. In fact, the one that activated the group was my relative from another state. I joined through an invite.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Unfortunately I couldn't win mine, though yesterday I was invited and successfully managed to get Zapdos. As it doesn't have a quad weakness to exploit I was the most afraid of this one, but I pulled it off. And it's high CP too! Nice.

Now I have three missions of 5 great curveballs in a throw. OOF