• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Bus

For anyone into Pokemon Go who did not watch the Crown Tundra Pokemon Direct today, they announced that support between Pokemon Go and Pokemon Home is supposed to be implemented before this year ends. You'll receive a mystery box in Pokemon Go to unlock Meltan spawns for a bit (just like with Let's Go) and in Pokemon Home you'll receive a special Melmetal that can Gigantimax.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
This has been a pretty sweet day. Let me list the ways
  • Learning in the future I can directly transfer from Go to Home soon. I don't need you anymore Let's Go!
  • Getting to the final part of the Celebi mission. I got me an excellent curveball eventually, even considering I had to hold an umbrella. Thanks Nosepass! And with pre-emptive getting the gold Johto medal, it's only a matter of time until I've clocked enough Grass/Psychic types to get the Time Lord onion
  • Finding a local raid group. Thanks to them and a good friend I obtained not one, but two Zapdos. Admittedly I got a Zapdos yesterday for the first time, but this was pretty sweet. Not only do I have a spare (normie) Zapdos to move to HOME later, but one to trade for one of the earlier legendaries not currently available. I think Cresselia or Heatran? I was not experienced enough to face them then
Moltres with its 4x weakness to Rock types(my strongest Pokemon right now is Rhyperior) is going to seem like a breeze. However Giratina is gonna be something given it's a full 100 BST above what I've been tackling so far

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m confused by something that is stated on the main site’s homepage. Are we expected to pay Poké Coins to transfer to Home? Because that is a problem for me as I don’t want to spend real life money on a currency for a game that I rarely play or have any interest in just to get G-Max Melmetal. I want G-Max Melmetal but there’s only so much that I’m willing to do when it comes to Go. I have to use the game on my iPad which requires a WiFi connection to play the game and catch new Pokémon yet I’m expected to walk around with the game on and that means having no WiFi. The only time I was able to do that part of Go was when I was in Taiwan and my dad’s Cousin’s daughter gave me an old iPhone to use in case of an emergency and a way to contact relatives in Taipei if I needed to meet with them or would be late.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m confused by something that is stated on the main site’s homepage. Are we expected to pay Poké Coins to transfer to Home? Because that is a problem for me as I don’t want to spend real life money on a currency for a game that I rarely play or have any interest in just to get G-Max Melmetal. I want G-Max Melmetal but there’s only so much that I’m willing to do when it comes to Go. I have to use the game on my iPad which requires a WiFi connection to play the game and catch new Pokémon yet I’m expected to walk around with the game on and that means having no WiFi. The only time I was able to do that part of Go was when I was in Taiwan and my dad’s Cousin’s daughter gave me an old iPhone to use in case of an emergency and a way to contact relatives in Taipei if I needed to meet with them or would be late.
The main site posted a follow up to the original article this morning and (as of right now) it sounds like we have to pay coins to speed up the cool down period between transfers

This seems more manageable, but I’ll still probably quit Go once the connectivity comes out since Niantic’s ending the at-home incense effect starting tomorrow (plus my game keeps crashing half the time during stuff like battling or sending gifts). I know that i can’t fully utilize incense normally since I don’t really have much time to leave the house aside from work, but there are some people who due to the pandemic can’t leave their homes or go outside so this completely idiotic, greedy, & harmful to a number of fans that Niantic would drop this feature now. It’s especially bad here in the US where cases keep rising and we still have purple states

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Sweet, I managed to complete the Celebi event and Step 1 of this new Victini event. I wonder what mythical will get an event next

quake

So I finally got to level 40 today and I couldn't be happier that grind is over! My first raid at level 40 also landed me a shiny Giratina! Also, I feel like hoothoot should have been the shiny for this event. Think I've seen 7 vulpix since it started

quake

Shadow Pokemon Eggs? Team Rocket has gone too far!
Im surprised we got three new pokemon (7 in total with evos) this way. Looking forward to closing off Unova and bringing in Kalos

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The first and third time were busts, but the second time was the charm in that I got myself a Giratina. I'm like 10 or less away from getting gold with the Sinnoh and Unova dex. I just know they're going to release an event in future where one of the requirements is gold on those. Assuming of course the next event is for a Kalos mythical in tandem with the release of Kalos Pokemon in the game

Must...resist...forking money for capsules so I can make room for the strange eggs!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I hate to admit that I’ve spent a bit of money on Pokécoins. I’m trying to keep at least 3000 on hand since we don’t know how much it’ll cost to speed up the Go-Home transfers, but I’ve been getting items I needed at the time like incenses & pokéballs (plus I splurged on a Rocket Radar so I could make sure to get a strange egg before the event ends)

quake

The first and third time were busts, but the second time was the charm in that I got myself a Giratina. I'm like 10 or less away from getting gold with the Sinnoh and Unova dex. I just know they're going to release an event in future where one of the requirements is gold on those. Assuming of course the next event is for a Kalos mythical in tandem with the release of Kalos Pokemon in the game

Must...resist...forking money for capsules so I can make room for the strange eggs!
From what I've seen and from my own hatches, Vullaby is pretty much a guarantee in the eggs. Pawniard is a bit rarer and Sandile doesn't exist. It's a myth!

Sinnoh event will more then likely be for Shaymin and Unova could be Meloetta since they've already given out Victini but yes gold medal in those regions are always a task

Bus

From what I've seen and from my own hatches, Vullaby is pretty much a guarantee in the eggs. Pawniard is a bit rarer and Sandile doesn't exist. It's a myth!

Sinnoh event will more then likely be for Shaymin and Unova could be Meloetta since they've already given out Victini but yes gold medal in those regions are always a task
Lucky you; I've only gotten one egg so far (there should be a blimp carrying a Rocket Admin somewhere near me though since I have the radar active) but all I've gotten so far was a Scraggy.

Normally I'd be ok with that, but I've already evolved the Scraggy I had after hatching one egg earlier and walking a billion miles to get the rest of the missing candy. Now that 12k egg was worthless. I'm hoping the one I'll get later today will have a pokemon I don't already have (Vullaby, Sandile, or Pawniard would all be great).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I basically completed the Charmander event in one day, and before then the Inter-egg-sting event in under a week. Then again I have a lot of free time on my hand. Mewtwo wasn't as hard to get as I thought it'd would be. I managed to use the Silver Pinap to catch it instead of resorting to the Golden Razz

quake

I basically completed the Charmander event in one day, and before then the Inter-egg-sting event in under a week. Then again I have a lot of free time on my hand. Mewtwo wasn't as hard to get as I thought it'd would be. I managed to use the Silver Pinap to catch it instead of resorting to the Golden Razz
Enjoy your shadow Mewtwo! Keep an eye this forum as there will be an upcoming event at some point where you can charge TM away Frustration and if will be a lot better!

On a separate note, I am so looking forward to Galarian Yamask! Also the possibility that Spirtomb will be in the wild with its shiny released

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Finally managed to evolve Meltan into Melmetal. I chose the stronger of the two Shinies I had to evolve. It is in my newest Sword game with Thunder Punch, Thundershock, Thunder Wave, And Headbutt. I’m replacing all of those moves except for Thunder Punch with Flash Cannon, Double Iron Bash, And Heavy Slam as soon as I gain access to them.

Bus

Lucky you; I've only gotten one egg so far (there should be a blimp carrying a Rocket Admin somewhere near me though since I have the radar active) but all I've gotten so far was a Scraggy.

Normally I'd be ok with that, but I've already evolved the Scraggy I had after hatching one egg earlier and walking a billion miles to get the rest of the missing candy. Now that 12k egg was worthless. I'm hoping the one I'll get later today will have a pokemon I don't already have (Vullaby, Sandile, or Pawniard would all be great).
I've now gotten a different pokemon almost every time lol.

2x Larvitar (I've already got a pretty good Tyranitar, at worst this is just 2nd move Candy)
1x Vullaby (2 star, bordering three. Hoping I can get one again with better stats then evolve)
1x Pawniard (Same as above; nearly identical 2 star stats. Gonna wait for another egg to see if I should keep the Pawniard I have)
1 Scraggy (Just extra candy now. If I get another, I can can have him learn a second move, but I dont know if I'll use him in the Go League)

I've got one 12K egg going right now and I'm annoyed Giovanni himself didn't give one, but he does allow you to catch a Mewtwo, so I guess its a fair trade lol. The Mewtwo I got has awful stats and is weak as balls, though. At least I've got one with near perfect stats from an earlier Giovanni research encounter.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Pokemon Go's making me fall in love with Oshawott all over again. I've been using one in the Little Cup & it's been the MVP powerhouse of my team. I'm just lucky it knows Night Slash since it basically functions like my Scizor & Obstagoon (two of my strongest & most reliable pokemon)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Community Day gave me a surplus of tanned Electabuzz and enough Sinnoh Stones for all Pokemon that'll need it. Today a Lileep allowed me to finally complete the Meltan task

quake

so havent posted here in a while so I have a few updates and thoughts. First the revamped league finally let me get to rank 10 and get my Pikachu Libre (little cup was actually quite fun). Second...KALOOOOOS! I am so excited about this I cant wait! Kalos has some of the best mons and their shiny forms are out of this world! Third, its nice to know that Uxie, Azelf and Mespirt wont be region locked so players can finally catch them.

Im interested in the new level system. Its going to be fun and really puts your skills to play which is good because I like long quest chains that I can work on other then lets just keep doing raids for the level experience.