• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Monox D. I-Fly

Community Day gave me a surplus of tanned Electabuzz and enough Sinnoh Stones for all Pokemon that'll need it. Today a Lileep allowed me to finally complete the Meltan task

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck looking for Kabuto/Omanyte and Aerodactyl. Hope I can get them from hatching Eggs since currently I am incubating all 9.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Some of my recent catches.

9b3459a74f72622636faf2408ef2049396098dcd.jpg

1b216c1458db06ce174a841ba5edf6b8d150ddad.jpg

426f9aedffd6cfc862a2c130de26002e98e1cd38.jpg

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is there some sort of special event going on today? I noticed that the incense turned to yellow/gold and I’m seeing pokémon like the Ralts line, the Abra line, the Machop line, Lickitung, & Magikarp spawning up

quake

Is there some sort of special event going on today? I noticed that the incense turned to yellow/gold and I’m seeing pokémon like the Ralts line, the Abra line, the Machop line, Lickitung, & Magikarp spawning up
Yeah there is an event on. Look out for a shiny goldeen, it only got released with this event!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So is making it up in the Battle League ranks the only way to get the Kalos starters in Pokémon Go?

Last edited:

Bus

So is making it up in the Battle League ranks the only way to get the Kalos starters in Pokémon Go?
Nah, they'll be in 5k eggs starting tomorrow I think? And some Kalos 'mons should start appearing in the wild soon. I've already seen two Espurr Raids near my house. Going to have to take advantage of those since apparently they're going to be in 10K eggs and will probably be hard to find after they leave raids.

KahunaLagoonaEX

Not sure if we're using the discussion or recent happenings but hey, I hatched a 100% Froakie recently - with the Fletchling CD that's four Hundos in the span of a week (Three Hundo Fletchlings - now three Hundo Talonflame...)

Yeah, Hundos don't matter too much in the long run, but that's my own thing. Also, trying my best to get a 100% Lucky Dex - Mythicals withstanding.

Pokemon Power

With some help from a friend, I managed to catch all the Incarnate Formes of the legendary Forces of Nature! I had already caught Landorus before through the Go Battle League last year, though this is the first time I've caught Tornadus and Thundurus in Go.

Bus

For the first time since this game released, I managed to actually beat & catch a Legendary Pokemon. Was at the park and noticed 14 people in the raid. Figured there's no way we couldn't take it down lol. I managed to actually catch it and then I noticed the group was going to each of the Thunderous raids (there were 6 in a circle around the lake all active at the same time) and beating them one by one. I ended up getting 12 rare Candies and another Thunderous!

When that Tornadus raid comes back in a couple of weeks, I might actually have a chance of finishing that Research requiring their Photos!

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
So I know I'm very, very, very VERY late to the party, but I've finally started playing Pokemon Go today, after years of putting it off. I spent the day exploring the PokeStops in my town and catching any Pokemon I ran into, lots of Normal and Flying-types where I am, lots of Bunnelbys, Caterpies, and the Sinnoh Starters popped up a good number of times, but Aron is easily the most common thing as far as I can see. It's also handy that there are four PokeStops within reaching distance of my apartment, so I can farm items without even leaving home.
I haven't tried battling or Gyms yet, and really I'm a bit hesitent to, so I don't think that'll be my focus. My current Buddy is a 924cp Lairon named "The Metal", and already I've grown quite fond of him. Seeing as Arons are a dime a dozen in my town, I'll have the Metal evolved into Aggron in no time. I'm nearly at level 15, My Pokedex is up to 60 Pokemon, and I even caught a Shiny! Yeah it was a 10cp Wurmple but even so, something's better than nothing. I had enough Wurmple Candies to evolve it into Cascoon, but I can't think of a decent name for it so far.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So this is pretty sweet. After so long not only was I able to get enough people for a legendary raid, but catch it. Unfortunately it wasn't Landorus and one of my quests remains incomplete, but it was a Registeel which is nice. Hope, but don't expect to get the other two Regis.

Something nice to know is that one of the region exclusives, Relicanth, is from my home country of New Zealand. So when I return for a holiday later that year I have a little bonus

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Couldn't snag a single hundo Gible yesterday ;_;

Did get 25 shinies in total out of at least 520 but still -.-

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I got just 1 shiny out of almost 200 lmao that too with terrible iv's. Talk about bad luck. :(
Didn't even get a hundo.

That's me! Only I didn't catch that many Pokemon, due to lack of space. Got one, doesn't have great ivs. Don't mind, since I appreciate even finding one.

Did get a decent regular one, but not a hundo though.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Won two regice raids and it got away both the times :(. Pokémon Go has been too cruel with me lately.
Can relate there. I have pretty bad luck with 5 star raids. Lost my only chance for a Giratina, when it ran.

Didn't bother to try again, as people don't usually show up.

--------------------------------

Did some Gible catching on community day and got a shiny one.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Won two regice raids and it got away both the times :(. Pokémon Go has been too cruel with me lately.
At least you got enough people for the Regice raid to be a thing

Does anyone know what the "complete raid in 60 seconds" Pokemon reward is

northgard95

they are rolling out the new Exploration Bonus, to encourage people to go outdoors more often. this includes bonuses for spinning stops, playing at in-person raids, and getting in those steps