• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
they are rolling out the new Exploration Bonus, to encourage people to go outdoors more often. this includes bonuses for spinning stops, playing at in-person raids, and getting in those steps

I wish Niantic luck there. People who are in more rural areas aren't going to be able to do what they want them to do, same goes with people who don't travel as often or aren't able to travel.

Xionea

Half a centaur
I got to level 40 a few days ago (been playing since day 1, to tell you how slow I've been in accomplishing that lol), so I took the opportunity to use the Tepig CD to do the 200 catches in a single day challenge for when I get to level 41 in 2025.

I only ended up getting 4 shinies, but that was the perfect amount for me because my 1st one an hour into the event was a 15/13/15, so I'll be keeping that in GO while the others are getting transferred to Home for my shiny dex.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Just reached level 35 and I started fall of 2020 so I think I am at a quick pace. I need to evolve a Feebas. And I am trying to complete the 5th Anniversary Collection. Aside from Chimchar, I am having trouble finding the other Sinnoh Starters and all 3 Johto Starters. Everyone else, I have.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Just reached level 35 and I started fall of 2020 so I think I am at a quick pace. I need to evolve a Feebas. And I am trying to complete the 5th Anniversary Collection. Aside from Chimchar, I am having trouble finding the other Sinnoh Starters and all 3 Johto Starters. Everyone else, I have.
By the way you can get an encounter of all the three Sinnoh starters by completing the 4th part of Jump-start research if you haven't completed it already. I only need a Cyndaquil to complete the anniversary collection.

Nyter

Island Challenger
By the way you can get an encounter of all the three Sinnoh starters by completing the 4th part of Jump-start research if you haven't completed it already. I only need a Cyndaquil to complete the anniversary collection.
Oh really? Awesome I am on the 3rd part. I need to battle another trainer in a Great League battle. To complete the 3rd part.

How did you find Chikorita and Totodile?

Pokemon Power

Just one more, and then I'll have caught 600 species of Pokemon in Go! It really pays when you've played the game since launch five years ago.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Y'all... who was having a field day with today's 5th Anniversary Go Fest? I bought a ticket so I had the full experience but wow... they threw so many Pokemon at us.

I was able to complete 3 (Jungle, Cave, and Ocean) out of the 4 habitat collection challenges. I am missing Alolan Geodude for the Desert Mountain. I have seen it regularly and I have 24 hours to catch it before the collection challenge is over. I will be going out again to a park, probably gonna go on a run.

I got so many shinies. Mewtwo, Chinchou, Tanglela, Chimchar, and Marill. Pretty dope! I have enough to evolve a Feebas finally!

I will say one of my regrets was not getting the app when it first started. I remember not wanting to get it because it became so mainstream and not passionate about the franchise that I was passionate about since the 90s. So I refused to get it but I got it late last year due to wanting to get Melmetal and all that. Now I regret having waited this long. Although I do feel I am on good pace since last year. I am at level 35. But one of the things I love about the game is how easy it can be to find shinies... something quite much harder on the core games.

Monox D. I-Fly

I will say one of my regrets was not getting the app when it first started. I remember not wanting to get it because it became so mainstream and not passionate about the franchise that I was passionate about since the 90s.
I didn't regret it. In fact, everytime my favorite franchises made a new game I will check if it only contains Gen 1 rosters or not. If it's only nostalgia pandering for the 90's, I won't play it (despite I'm from the 90's generation, but I'm quite ashamed that we tend to claim that we're the best at everything). I don't want to be a part of the nostalgiafags.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Woke up to being invited to a Zama raid. We beat it and I managed to catch it, so now I got two Zacian and one Zama.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I gave up on Go a while ago, it stopped being fun very quickly. I always lost battles, I always lost Raids, there were rarely enough other players around to join raids, and the final nail was getting defeated by a Go Rocket Grunt with a CP 4000 Crobat at a point when I had nothing above CP 2000. I deleted my account, but there are times where I'm tempted to come back, like with this Furfrou event, plus it's more or less the only way to get certain Mythicals.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Did my first ever Uxie raid and got a shiny. :eek:
Woah! Awesome! I’ve noticed you’ve gotten plenty of Go shinies. I haven’t gotten any non-Community Day shinies since July, when I got two Roggenrola.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Woah! Awesome! I’ve noticed you’ve gotten plenty of Go shinies. I haven’t gotten any non-Community Day shinies since July, when I got two Roggenrola.
Yeah, I got a bunch of shinies during the go fest. I also managed to get 2 shiny Dialga, a shiny Palkia and a shiny lugia without doing too many raids. The funny thing is I got this shiny lugia in my first raid too lol. My shiny luck has been insane lately.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
This is nice. I've got a few Azelf from international friend invites despite living where Uxie is the region exclusive. Hopefully before the event is over I get invited for a Mesprit raid. I wish they did more events involving region-exclusives so people have a chance of their friends overseas inviting them for a Pokemon they can't catch in their area