• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

MattySadler

Has anybody else found themselves having greater luck than usual recently?

In the last 7 days I've:

1) Caught a 4* Frillish.
2) Caught a 4* Shadow Pinsir (my first Shadow 4*).
3) Hatched a 4* Togepi.
4) Hatched a shiny 4* Galarian Farfetch'd (my first shiny 4*).
5) Caught a 4* Altered Giratina (my first legendary 4*).
6) Caught a 4* Spinarak.
7) Caught a shadow Dratini which once purified became a 4*.

As well as this I've also caught three shiny Altered Giratina, another shiny Zubat, another shiny Magikarp and another shiny Alolan Grimer.

I don't think I've had a spell of good fortune like this in the whole 5+ years I've been playing.

Also, of the 4*'s I've obtained recently, I gather Togekiss, Sirfetch'd, Giratina and Dragonite can all be quite good for battling etc. Can anyone advise which leagues they'd be best for? Best movesets, etc?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Has anybody else found themselves having greater luck than usual recently?

In the last 7 days I've:

1) Caught a 4* Frillish.
2) Caught a 4* Shadow Pinsir (my first Shadow 4*).
3) Hatched a 4* Togepi.
4) Hatched a shiny 4* Galarian Farfetch'd (my first shiny 4*).
5) Caught a 4* Altered Giratina (my first legendary 4*).
6) Caught a 4* Spinarak.
7) Caught a shadow Dratini which once purified became a 4*.

As well as this I've also caught three shiny Altered Giratina, another shiny Zubat, another shiny Magikarp and another shiny Alolan Grimer.

I don't think I've had a spell of good fortune like this in the whole 5+ years I've been playing.

Also, of the 4*'s I've obtained recently, I gather Togekiss, Sirfetch'd, Giratina and Dragonite can all be quite good for battling etc. Can anyone advise which leagues they'd be best for? Best movesets, etc?

That's really some crazy luck you've got going on there. :O

Togekiss works really well in MasterLeague. Giratina is really great if you manage to get it up to level 50.

Pokemon Power

So how is everyone doing on completing the National Pokedex? Me, I've caught all the original 151 Pokemon including all 18 Alolan forms. Though I still need the Galarian forms of Weezing and the legendary birds. From Gen. 2, I still need the regular and Galarian forms of Corsola, as well as the legendary Raikou. From Gen. 3, I'm still missing Torkoal, Kecleon, Tropius, Gorebyss, Relicanth, and the legendary Latias. From Gen. 4, I'm still looking for Pachirisu, Chingling, Mime Jr., Carnivine, the legendary Uxie and Mesprit, and the mythical Phione, Manaphy, Shaymin and Arceus. From Gen. 5, I'm still missing the Pansage, Pansear, Sandile, Tirtouga, Zorua, Axew, Mienfoo and Larvesta families, as well as Conkeldurr, Leavanny, Maractus, Sigilyph, Archeops, Vanilluxe, Escavalier, Accelgor, Druddigon, Bouffalant, Braviary, Hydreigon, the legendary Zekrom and Kyurem, and the mythical Keldeo, that's 34 total. In terms of available Gen. 6 Pokemon, I still need Pangoro, Meowstic, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Malamar, the Binacle family, Sylveon, the Goomy family, Klefki, Noivern and the legendary Yveltal. I'm missing all Gen. 7 Pokemon save Meltan and Melmetal obviously, though I'm willing to bet that will change before next July. Finally, in terms of available Gen. 8 Pokemon, I'm still missing Runerigus and the legendary Zacian and Zamazenta.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
So how is everyone doing on completing the National Pokedex?
I've only completed the Galar pokedex as of now. I still need an Articuno to complete my kanto dex. Still need a lot of Pokémon for other regions though.

Mileron

I've been away from home for several weeks for work reasons, traveling internationally.

About the only notable things outside of getting a few steps further into a bunch of the old Special missions I didn't do anything with for a while include:

a 2* shiny Mr. Mime
a <1* shiny Pikachu (normal)

I've chewed through over 150 pinap berries collecting, and gained over two dozen friends from a regional subreddit for which the friendship bonus has been a real boon.

The community here is really limited, it seems so a lot of the 3+ raids go unbattled, and in the low 30s with my strongest team being an average of 2k I can't handle one on my own.

Mileron

Been on a catching spree trying to get just a few Excellent throws to evolve my Farfetch'd into Sirfetch'd.

Naturally every single orange+ ring that I hit that's not an excellent, I catch.

And the ones that I think should be Excellent throws, aren't.

On the plus side, I picked up a shiny Pikachu from my kitchen this morning.
Also evolved a further 16-20 to add to my dexes. Got Kanto up to 138. Holding out for a higher IV (or shiny) Magikarp for Gyarados. Also need two out of the three leg birds.

Locormus

So yeah, the December Community Weekend happened..

Saturday was alright, but I didn't play much. I got three shiny Gible, but nothing spectacular. I managed to evolve quite a bit of the ones I hadn't yet evolved when their exclusive moves first got debuted. Like traded lucky Gible's and a 98% Rhyhorn.

Soul18655

Flawless Hunter
So yeah, the December Community Weekend happened..

Saturday was alright, but I didn't play much. I got three shiny Gible, but nothing spectacular. I managed to evolve quite a bit of the ones I hadn't yet evolved when their exclusive moves first got debuted. Like traded lucky Gible's and a 98% Rhyhorn.

I really enjoyed the Community weekend. I managed to catch 22 shinnies! the highlight would be 3 Eevee, and 4 Roselia. I was unsuccessful at getting the exclusive move shadow Beedrill that I was shooting for however.

Locormus

I really enjoyed the Community weekend. I managed to catch 22 shinnies! the highlight would be 3 Eevee, and 4 Roselia. I was unsuccessful at getting the exclusive move shadow Beedrill that I was shooting for however.

That's sad. To be fair, I didn't need the extra shinies at this point..

Pokemon Power

Wow, this thread hasn't seen much in months. So as part of the Season of Go, Professor Willow is lost somewhere in Ultra Space! Hopefully we can find him before the season ends.

Mileron

Hatched a perfect Wailmer
Caught two perfect Cubone
Hatched a shiny low-iv Klink
Caught a shiny 0/0/1 Absol
Caught a shiny Dratini and Litwick, and a separate perfect Litwick on their respective community days

The raid scene near my office is pretty terrible so lots of Giratina and Guzzlord and others are simply timing out. I have yet to be part of a 5-star that succeeded.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Anyone in the Eastern Hemisphere who has today's Spotlight hour know if it's the event Cubchoo or the regular one?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Finally managed to get a Kecelon or two waiting on a Poke Stop after weeks of it being released. Due to the prior Hoenn tour and my trip back to New Zealand the only Pokemon keeping me from my Hoenn Platinum Medal is Rayquaza itself

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
So Global Go Fest is awesome, hoping that tomorrow they reveal the next steps for the Masterwork Research.

Locormus

Okay. Long story incoming. Key is that I was hesitant to activate Adventure Sync and thus I was going to be stuck at lvl47 no matter what I did... not that I consistenly walked mile upon mile every week. I actually couldn't even hit 25km during GoFest weeks for instance...

BUT the insane 4x XP-boost during the Paldea-events skyrocketed my total XP from needing 13 million XP for level 48, to just 2 million XP. The reason being that I'm quite good at throwing Excellent throws on basically everything that spawned and the length of the event.

So I activated it. But then I realized I needed to walk 25km.. in EIGHT separate weeks. I mean COME ON. Now the 'Walk 200km's'-levelup requirement makes a LOT of sense in hindsight.

As of writing, I have completed 2 out 8 weeks. I currently have about 17km this week. I have cleared my Egg storage completely and I plan to walk at least 4km during the HatchDay tomorrow (nabbing at least 27 eggs and chances on that shiny Azurill). Then I still have sunday for the remaining 4 kilometers.

During this week, I nabbed a shiny Mr.Mime (my second), a shiny Petilil that was a new addition and where I thought was a regular but 'tiny' variant. Then I caught my 6th shiny Feebas and 3rd shiny regular Growlithe.

Hopefully I will be able to update this post with one or two shiny Azuril tomorrow.

Edit: Soooo.. Hatched 33 Azurill during the event (still have three eggs left).. First 23(!) didn't shine, got quite disheartened - since I got two shiny Riolu in the 18 eggs (1/9 shiny rate) I hatched last time they ran this event...

And then eggs 24, 25, 27 and 32 shined. Yeah.. 4/33 is a pretty darn good score in the end (even 4/36 with the remaining unhatched 3 eggs would still be on par with the Riolu day 1/9 shiny rate).. BUT I'd loved it if the event didn't cost me nearly all my incubators for one single shiny I missed (I've got shiny Marill to spare). >.>

Last edited: