• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Go Towards Your Dream! Ash and Go!! (1109)

diakyu

That solarbeam was brutal, especially with how Pikachu fell on the pillar.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Good thing the episode remind us of Ash's and Go's goal. I was almost forgetting.

The only thing I remembered before the episode was that Ash wanted to see'em all and Go wanted to be the best ball-thrower on town.

Go currently has 36 different Pokemon counting the two Nidoran as separate Pokemon.

They do count as separate since that's what the games do as well.

That solarbeam was brutal, especially with how Pikachu fell on the pillar.

That Meganium was quite... Feral and vicious. A big contrast with his apparently laid-back, soft-speak trainer. I like it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
1rkhachatryan said:
Ok the Pidgeot thing isn't random anymore, they are showing it way too much for it to not mean anything lol.

I'm not seeing how it means anything. There were at least a dozen Gen I Pokemon shown in this episode, and it's not at all surprising that a Pigeot was shown considering that we know that the species lives in the forest outside of Kuchiba City. And since Gou captured a Poppo in this episode, it makes sense that we'd see a glimpse of its final evolved form, which was probably part of the same flock.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
For a soft spoken trainer, that Meganium was oddly vicious.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Except whenever they show Pidgeot, it's always one of them leading a herd or alone. If they showed many Pidgeots together I might understand your point but these cameos are clearly a call back to Ash's Pidgeot which leads a herd.

Watch that part again there were like 2 or 3 Pidgeot in that scene so your whole argument falls apart.

Wasn't Vincent Jackson's Meganium from Johto kinda vicious too?

Leonhart

Imagineer
U.N. Owen said:

I really appreciated it, because Meganium is typically a feminine and docile-looking species, so seeing one that was really into battling and more intense than usual was neat. I still would've rather seen Seiya use a Bakphoon instead of Meganium, but it was still a good battle.

Pteranodonte

Ok the Pidgeot thing isn't random anymore, they are showing it way too much for it to not mean anything lol.
But most importantly THIS is how you showcase the Pidgeot line, which is COMPLETELY different from how they showed that random Pidgeot back in episode 6. Since they showed the full line here and not in ep. 6 it means that the purpose of that shady Pidgeot was not to showcase the line, but maybe something else... Since in this saga the continuity has been confirmed maybe this time we will finally see Ash's Pidgeot come back, and maybe even Primeape.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Gotta day, there’s a bit of an annoying feeling knowing that chances are that, with Go catching a Pidgey here, that he’s going to have a Pidgeot before the anime even acknowledges that Ash ever owned one himself.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Aside of fighting TRio, Raboot looks bored. C'mon Go, make it fight against wild Pokemons and trainers as well. Who cares if these are Ash speciality? Also if Pikachu can cut the cage bars with Iron Tail, it could have done sooner instead of Lugia (later revealed to be Mew) saving the Pokemons inside the cage.

Also I don't get how Pikachu & Raboot combined projectile attack can hit both TRio's Crobat & Skarmory in the air, fell down and blast TRio off at the same time. I would like to see Yamper and Koharu participate as well instead of staying in the background.

So Ash, Go and Prof Sakuragi got separated into 3 teams, tagging with kids. I remember tagging with kids in high school to explore my city attractions at the time. But obviously, having Ash to battle and Go to capture surely make the kids more interested about the whole Pokemon experiences. We haven't got to see what Prof Sakuragi and the kids were doing on screen because the former isn't important for us to care enough.

I liked the encounter between Go and Farfetch'd, with the former 2 failed attempts to capture the latter because it countered the Pokeball with its leek, only to finally got captured by a slow throwing Pokeball. Along with the Mouses, Cats & Dogs trope with Rattatta, Raticate, Meowth, Persian & Growlithe.

Fun episode. Koharu needs to lighten up though.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Soooooooooo any idea why this episode had so many animation directors.

Well, taking an educated guess, I think it might be because the "in-betweeners" made the drawings not quite match the default art so various directors were needed to touch up the episode and get it done in time.

Last minutes changes on script/storyboard may also had played a whole.

Just my two cents though.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
this ep was fine 6/10 but nothing special. Bests parts were Gou's captures. especially the "baseball" with the Farfetch'd and the Lugia actually being Mew. The new ending was funny too

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Soooooooooo any idea why this episode had so many animation directors.
The episode probably fell behind schedule and needed multiple animation directors in order to get churned out.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well still even if there were multiple Pidgeot in the group, I think it was strategic to have Ash see pokemon he owned being Pidgeotto and Pidgeot while Go only saw a Pidgey. If you want to argue that they were showing off the line for the kids, either group would have saw the whole line which wasn't the case.

SerenaRulez

I like that Koharu is becoming a magnet for wild Pokemon and how she freaked out when those Nidoran started clinging to her. I thought Lugia came out of nowhere but in the end it was Pikachu and Raboot that beat Team Rocket's Skarmory and Crobat and that was better than Lugia blasting Team Rocket by itself. This was a very good episode no matter what the case was. :)

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
It actually took a while for me to realize that Ash was actually competing in a big worldwide tournament sense it started. Like, I knew about it and I was watching it unfold but the implications of it didn't really click until midway through this episode. Now that I think about it, only 2 battles and already risen in the top 2000 out of 10000 combatants is a bit of a silly notion. Even if it's the lowest tier, you'd expect some people to put up a fight to rise in the rankings.

As for the whole Go Raboot thing. I completely understand Raboot's unwillingness to go along with this. It wanted to be a partner in crime but Go really isn't treating it like that. Go's treating Raboot only slightly better than every Pokemon he's caught. It travels with him but apart from some sparce battles to catch some of the tougher pokemon they don't really interact much. It's not really much wonder why Raboot is so dispassionate. Go's so busy trying to catch everything under the sun that he doesn't see the things he's already caught as much more than stepping stones. That's a bit of a cruel way to put it but I'm not sure how else to put it. Go simply doesn't think about the pokemon he has. That's also something I realized watching todays episode. Seeing Go get excited as he catches the Nidorans and Pidgey we likely will never see again and Raboot's outright apathy towards what Go is doing.

Finally, I'm not sure where to put this so I'm just gonna put it at the end. "I caught the cheeky Farfetch'd" is an unintentional highlight of the episode for me and I don't know why.

6/10 I don't have much to say other than few thoughts that entered my head as I was watching. the battle with Meganium was nice. It was fun watching Ash have fun watching Pokemon do things.