• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Go West, Young Meowth! (072)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Go West, Young Meowth!

Ash & Co. have Gone to Hollywood to see the premier of the movie. Team Rocket follow them to find Meowth has history in this town, it is where he learnt to speak to win the heart of a female Meowth. However that Meowth has become part of a gang of Persians. Can Meowth save it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Blazing Charmander

This was one of my fave episodes in the first season. It is very touching how Meowth turned from a dirty street Meowth to a walking talking Meowth from TR.

I liked the part when Persian was hurt by Meowth and he was translating Meowsys sentence saying that he is still a freaky street Meowth.

Overall rating: 9.5/10

W

Waterstar Misty

It was pretty cool to learn about Meowth's past, meowth learning to talk was really touching to me, I think it shows what can happen when you put your mind something.

S

slysunshine

This used to be my favorite episode. Meowth was my favorite character after that. This is one of the saddest episodes!

I'll always give this one 10/10. :)

F

Factory Head Noland

I like this episode too, it was Toonami the other day. That Meowsy wasn't very nice...and that lady was SCARY!! (it's not Halloween yet!)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This is still one of my all-time favorite fillers. I love learning about Meowth's past in this episode, and I love how the Team Rocket song motto plays when Jessie and James come to Meowth's rescue.

R

Robert

Yes, it was great to learn of Meowth's past. It's memorable episodes like this that make me realize how much the series has gone downhill in my eyes... :(

But I still love this episode. :)

Shikamaru

Strawberry Milk
If you know me I always look back at this episode. Meowth's past was very painfull Meowsy calling him the odd one out being kicked off the street sad very sad. But the saddest part for meowth must have been when he beat persian but didn't get the girl. But still this is my favorite episode of the entire show I give it a 10/10 every time a wacth it.

M

Mistystar89

It was a really sweet and cute episode. I felt the pain that Meowth had to go through, just to satsify Meowsy. Poor Meowth. I felt so bad for him. I think the main point is to never give up on your dreams, no matter how impossible it looks. I think this kinda relates to Meowth. I give this episode 10/10.

K

Koffing Breeder

~Bayleef~ said:
I like this episode too, it was Toonami the other day. That Meowsy wasn't very nice...and that lady was SCARY!! (it's not Halloween yet!)
Makes you scared of what they will put on at Halloween...

This episode is another one of my favourites!!! Meowths past is soooo CUTE!!! Meowsy is mean to Meowth though... Who couldn't love Meowth?

Well he may be a freak but he's our freak!!!

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
A really touching, but cheesy episode. Why do the villains get all the development and history and not the heroes?

Heracross

Custom User Title
Jesse GS the II said:
So, any idea where this episode was set in the Japanese version? There's no way the original episode had them going overseas to Hollywood.
Actually... yes, it did. The original version said Hollywood too.

Anyway, this was truly a great episode. It had without a doubt more character development than any other, and the way it's done with pensive flashbacks as Nyasu walks through his old neighborhood is brilliant. Ya gotta feel sorry for the guy, being rejected time and again by the same female Nyasu. Speaking of which her owner sure was fugly...

And on a side note I loved Nyasu's little trenchcoat. ^^

Great Stuff.

Last edited:

Aptenodytes

i loved this episode. it was good to see an episode revolving around another main character besides ash or tr. it was pretty funny and fun to learn about meowths past

Swifty

Heracross said:
Oh my. So, according to the animators' vision of the world, my hometown, Los Angeles, is in economic depression?

...Though I'm rather happy that my city was the only real-life city in the anime to actually be acknowledged by the writers. :)

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Heracross said:

Well, that sure shut me up.

Anyway, this was truly a great episode. It had without a doubt more character development than any other, and the way it's done with pensive flashbacks as Nyasu walks through his old neighborhood is brilliant. Ya gotta feel sorry for the guy, being rejected time and again by the same female Nyasu. Speaking of which her owner sure was fugly...

And on a side note I loved Nyasu's little trenchcoat. ^^

Indeed. I was half expecting him to launch into a Humphrey Bogart-esque speech at some point. "The problems of three Pokémon don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world..."