• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Go West, Young Meowth! (072)

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
One of my top favorite Kanto Indigo League episodes! Meowth is definitely one of my top favorite characters. He worked sooo hard to be more human, learning how to walk and talk just to impress a stuck up female Meowth, Meowzie, who rejected him calling Meowth a freak.

I didn't feel sorry for Meowzie. She got what she deserved when she was abandoned by her rich trainer who had run out of money.

DatsRight

In hindsight, the fact Meowth's whole state of being came from the fact he could never fathom that Meowzie loves riches and presents from humans rather than humans themselves works really well with later episodes, where we know Team Rocket are AWFUL WITH MONEY and waste their real talents investing on fool's quests like Pokemon napping mechas instead of saving up a decent income.

Hell the only point Meowzie seemed remotely interested in Meowth is when she and her gang realise that a talking Meowth can make them money and Meowth blanks it. Meowth could have made Meowzie rich again a thousand times over by this point, but he once again mistakenly believes there is something deep and more sentimental to her.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
In hindsight, the fact Meowth's whole state of being came from the fact he could never fathom that Meowzie loves riches and presents from humans rather than humans themselves works really well with later episodes, where we know Team Rocket are AWFUL WITH MONEY and waste their real talents investing on fool's quests like Pokemon napping mechas instead of saving up a decent income.

Hell the only point Meowzie seemed remotely interested in Meowth is when she and her gang realise that a talking Meowth can make them money and Meowth blanks it. Meowth could have made Meowzie rich again a thousand times over by this point, but he once again mistakenly believes there is something deep and more sentimental to her.
If Meowzie does return in the JN episode I hope they follow a redemption story for her in the sense she got abandoned by her trainer and upon self reflection finds that life of riches and shallowness utterly wasteful, maybe have a scene with meowth where she says how she was wrong for calling Meowth a freak considering what he's become and achieved since then. Not only would it be an amazing tieup and callback to the plot but could lay the foundation of Meowth's character development for his potential endgame as well