• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Go West, Young Meowth! (072)

J

Jirachi1

I like this episode very much , even though Meowth loved her meowsy still rejected him , I didn't think she was very nice and her owner...0.o Now her owner was scary..

P

pik achoo

It was interesting to see Meouths past. Although, not to sound like a wimp here but, I actually cried when meoth was trying so hard and couldnt do it. But I was relieved when he finally figured it out

C

Cara

Oh this was a weird epy for me. I was so upset after I saw it I marched into the kitchen and stated to my mom I would never watch pokemon again. And that vow lasted.... until the next day XP

Mini Apocalypse

Soul Trainer
it is a sad ep!...he lost his love!

Bling King

Doesn't post often
This was the only episode in which I liked Meowth. In this episode he was an actual character, not just some lame guy that always loses. Alas, he didn't get his love, only more insults. TR can never win.

BEST FILLER EVER!!!!

Does it count as a filler though because we did learn about a main character's origin. Also I believe this is the only time we learn a character's origin in great detail. (The Writers only touched on Jessie and James)

This was an awesome episode. Meowtrh really is the most interesting character on the show. You had to love his sheer determination to act like a human. The Rocket references were a nice touch as well.

10/10 My 3rd most favorite episode fer sher

Bling King

Doesn't post often
Something interesting is that coinshipping still exists even though this episode killed it completely. Killed it in the same episode it was born.

Meowth's tale is overall sad. Nothing but sadness, misery and failure guide his life. However, like with the character of Aerith (Aeris) in FF7, for some reason the sadness doesn't seem to make an impact and can be quickly brushed off for some reason. At least for me anyway.

LuciRuki

Born This Way
This is one of my favourite episode because it was sad. I always like TR's origins. Meowth is one of my favourite character in the whole anime. Great story, plot, depression and humour. 8.9/10

Bling King

Doesn't post often
You know, the quick conversation between the man and woman in the house ("Why won't ya take me out anymore?" "Because you won't shut up about it!") was possibly the first time Pokemon made a reference to a cold and sad world.

So, anyone else have any comments about this sad tale of a sad life?

MegaRob

Ex-Tokyopop Intern
I always love character development episodes. Though when this first aired, I felt like the odd man out ala Meowth, as most in the school hated it "because there wasn't any battling". I know there was the Persian leap at the end, but I know what they were trying to say. Still, if I could only ever watch one more episode of Pokemon again, it'd be this one. Meowth has always been my favorite character since then... sigh. The series had such a different atmosphere back in the day.

JONNO.FRESH

A good Meowth Episode. I loved seeing the back story of how meowth could speak. When Meowth beat the Persian but didnt get the girl( or in this case the pokemon) was pretty sad but meh. 7/10

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
Two words for me people: Meowth Rules!
I love how much character development Meowth has had, he's just such an awesome Pokemon.

M

Mawile

That is a sad episode...But I really like it. Meowth will find his love soon enough...

Shadow the Hedgehog

DON'T F$#@ WITH ME!
35/10

This is my favorite episode by FAR. Meowth standing up for his beliefs and his love. OH THE DRAMA! OH THE TRAGEDY!! Easily one of, if not, the best episode. Does anyone know if they have it on YouTube? I couldn't find it or a DVD with the episode. T_T

PMC Elite Steven

PMC Field Researcher
I just loved this episode! Not just the tragedy, but also the fact that it finally explained how meowth became anthropomorphic. It was very interesting. The part about learning to walk update made sense to me--I mean any quadrapetal pokemon could probably learn to stand upright for better attack stances and all--but the part where he is transition from normal pokemon speak to full english enunciation is still an inigma to me.
"Meowth meowth meowth meowth, meow meowth meowth."
"Me melsh me mells my me memore."
"She sells seashells by the seashore."

IC: "Man, I'd love to know what synapses where firing in his little brain while that golden moment was happening. The data from that could lead to the development of an Anthropomizing TM which could revolutionize the whole world by allowing all pokemon to be able to stand upright and fully enunciate human speech patterns! I must find out for the sake of the P!! M!! C!!"

IMO, Meowsy was a stuck-up trollep. (I'm using the archiac term to avoid from sounding too rude.) Becoming poor taught her nothing. She's not too good for you Meowth, YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR HER!! That persian will probably leave her on the side of the road with a belly full of LV0 meowth kittens someday, and then she'll pay for rejecting Meowth.

I also liked how TR gave their dance off after the movie screening was completed, that was amusing.

I also love character development episodes, and this one was no exception and it's also my fav of all the char dev eps. Well, that's all I have to say about this episode for now.

-Steven, PMC Elite

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go
Poor Meowth he got rejected. But, it just goes to show you what you can do if you beleive in yourself.
The female Meowth was to stuck up anyway our Meowth deserves better then that.

Bling King

Doesn't post often
PMC Elite Steven said:
IMO, Meowsy was a stuck-up trollep. (I'm using the archiac term to avoid from sounding too rude.) Becoming poor taught her nothing. She's not too good for you Meowth, YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR HER!! That persian will probably leave her on the side of the road with a belly full of LV0 meowth kittens someday, and then she'll pay for rejecting Meowth.

Well, she did learn something, looking at her care for the Persian. If you look at it as if they were humans, Meowth would be an obsessive hobo drooling over a rich woman.

The power of trenchcoats made by Humphrey Bogart helped Meowth win the fight, but like Rick Blaine, he didn't get the girl. Pwned.