• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Go West, Young Meowth! (072)

NPT

Just a member
This was a well-done episode focusing on Meowth's past. Even thought I don't really like Team Rocket, I liked them in this episode. It's nice to see how he learned to walk and speak like humans. He did it all to impress a female Meowth named Meowzie, but Meowzie rejected him and called him a freak....and this prompted Meowth to join Team Rocket, so he can become the richest 'freak'. But after all these years, Meowzie still thinks he's a freak(what a jerk)! I thought It's nice of Jessie and James trying to comfort Mewoth after he got rejected by Meowzie again.
I also liked seeing Ash, Brock, Misty and Delia dressing up in those fancy dresses in their fantasies. Misty was looking good in that Red dress and Delia was looking gorgeous in that White dress as well.

This was a pretty neat episode where we got to see some back story on how Meowth learned how to talk like a human being.
Yeah, it was really unfortunate how the female Meowth still found him a freak despite all he did.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I watched the Japanese version of this episode recently and tbh, I wish the dub had kept Meowzie's Japanese name; Madonnya sounds way better in my opinion. Anyway, I loved learning about Meowth's origin, although the ending of this episode always makes me tear up; Meowth just can't catch a break.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
My headcanons in both Pokemon and SSB are that Pokemon can talk human if they want to and that the events regarding how TR's Meowth learned to talk were partially fabricated.

Gillachu

Banned
Lmao Meowsy friend-zoning Meowth was harsh. I felt bad for her at first, but by the end of this episode I hated her.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Meowth's backstory was incredibly sad cuz of how Meowzie didn't return his love. Persian was a jerk and I liked how Ash and his group missed out on the main plot and just watched a movie. :3

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked Meowth's final scene here when he was on the rooftop on his own. It made me feel bad for him which is a rare thing.

Yea that scene was somber and made Meowth seem sympathetic. I wish this episode had had a much happier ending tho. It just seemed like one long sad story which is rare for this anime.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Meowth learning to talk was my favorite part even though him getting a Brooklyn accent in Hollywood was weird.

Yea the random accent that he picked up was strange, although I have to note that the Hollywood location here wasn't the same Hollywood as in real life however. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
At long last, we saw the origin of the Rocket-dan's Nyasu, as well as his main reason for disliking Persian so much. When Nyasu challenged Persian and won, I was elated until Madonnya sided with Persian. Nyasu showed her the most dedication, so she should've sided with him instead of with Persian.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, I can't believe what a brilliant episode this was. The Meowth episodes seem to be very well written. Meowth's past seems to have so many interesting points that I think it could fill a movie without relying solely on the plot of this episode. Too bad its way too late in the anime to do something like this. :x

Alloutℯ

Banned
Wow I don't know why Meowth liked that Meowsy. And the people who tied up Meowth to a tree were just cruel. But the whole episode is just really cute, it's great that we actually learn why Meowth learnt to talk when Pokemon is usually rather hazy with back story.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Wow I don't know why Meowth liked that Meowsy. And the people who tied up Meowth to a tree were just cruel. But the whole episode is just really cute, it's great that we actually learn why Meowth learnt to talk when Pokemon is usually rather hazy with back story.

Pretty girls cloud your judgment (see Brock, Uptown Girl, any movie where one of the love interests is a spoiled rich girl). And yes, Meowth's backstory is both sad and amazing.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Nyasu showed her the most dedication, so she should've sided with him instead of with Persian.

It's true that Meowth was very loyal to her, but Persian had given Meowzie a home when her owner abandoned her, so I understand why she chose to stay with him. She would've had my sympathy if she hadn't insulted Meowth in the end tho. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
Wow I don't know why Meowth liked that Meowsy.

Given Nyasu's miserable past, he was likely searching for happiness and validation, and he was attracted to Madonnya thinking that she could give him that. The love-at-first-sight angle was a bit hackneyed and trite, but Madonnya wasn't meant to be that important. She was just an object created to break Nyasu's heart, as depressing as that might sound.