• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Goal/Competition You Like

Which Goal/Competition you like most?

• Total voters

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I prefer battles but contests and showcases are fine.

The only thing that makes me sad is Pokeathlon never took off as a goal. PokeBaccer (from Zoroark's movie) had BIG potential specially if you adjust it to be flexible in a way you can use different kinds of pokémon rather than a whole evolution line

Litleonid

I'm definitely gonna go with the league and contests. You can't go wrong with general battles. I always enjoyed the badge quest and watching to see how Ash would overcome the challenges he was presented with. Contests were also great because while the battles are great, it was more about the moves and seeing how coordinators used them in unique ways to impress the audience and judges.

Showcases were...Alright? I mean, I hated how it was essentially a popularity contest when you see how Serena's performance in the master class finals was significantly better than Aria's, but Aria only won because she's popular. It was still fun to watch the performance rounds though. It was a glorified appeals round in a way, but it was still interesting.

Just catching Pokemon like Goh is definitely the worst goal. Its so boring and uninteresting.

Flashyspark

I liked all the goals but Pokemon breeding is one of my favorite things to do in the games so I always liked that Brock was a breeder. At least on paper.
The writers didn't do that goal justice but at least Brock was shown to be good at caring for Pokemon and feeding them better than anyone.

I like contests but the big problem they have is the second phase, the battle phase, that's why I like Showcase a little more.

If you are someone like Tobias and you manage to pass the first phase, you will easily win the next one in any contest and any Grand Festival. This component is the big weak point and that's why I think the writers tweaked things and added Showcases, and I really think Chloeharu will does a different kind of contests like the ones in BDSP.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I like contest , best goal wise , imo the battle round is what make contest interesting, because you need battle while over performance your opponent also

love catching them All Goal, but tbh anime wise it done dirty have bad execution , I still can’t believe how almost like 70-80 % of Goh Pokémon getting catch without battling and with only pokeball which is work like master ball , wish he use different ball , we got many ball variant

and of course battle goal ( Gym, Trial, PWC ) , can’t go wrong except the execution

I wish they done more on pokelathon, pokeringer, was hope Musical Goal Was thing

Last edited: