1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Goals for the Future?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Apslup, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Apslup

Apslup Complete Mad-Lad

Just wondering what your Goals for the future are? Since we all need something to shoot for to keep us going forward into the future.

I guess mine is to get good grades on my course at School (It finishes in May), find a profession/field of work I really like and then get an apprenticeship in that field of work and later on get a job.

I also want to meet a nice, cute girl and get married in my early 30's. Not sure if I want kids yet though (they seem like a lot of work :p but I heard it's really rewarding)

2. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Meltanzord

I have accomplished my first two goals which were to enter and graduate from uni and now the only thing that's left for me is to have a well-paid job and overall a successful career in my field of study while I keep doing the things I love to do.

3. GrizzlyB

GrizzlyB Confused and Dazed

I used to want a job that I liked and that paid well, but years of adulthood has taught me that it's probably not a thing, unless you're much more functional and/or altruistic than I am (which, tbf, is not a high bar to cross). I think the sweet spot would be to find something, like, illegal so that people will pay for it, but not so illegal that the authorities will actually go out of their way to prosecute you. Y'know, bootlegging DVDs or dealing shrooms or something.

And I want to find love!

4. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Taking a trip to London, England and Canada.

Getting the right girlfriend and get married.

Getting my own place one day.

That's all I can think of, atm.

5. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Protector

Oh yes, that would be some great advice for young people for sure.

Can't argue with finding love though that may take a while (or never, lol). I dunno at this point if I should plan to go into research/clinical, or just settle for a government job since I'm still an undergraduate student going to apply to grad school. Guess for now I'll have to focus on seeing if I get admitted and looking for other work to do for my resume if that doesn't work out. But once I've done what I could to get a job I'm satisfied with, I already hope to explore plenty of other things I've been meaning to do like try out animation, comic writing, having my own road trips, etc.

6. Scammel

Scammel Well-Known Member

I'm a relatively ambitious chap:

- In the short term, abolish the last vestiges of my dad bod and get to somewhere that might, if you squint at it in the right light, appear toned.

- In the medium term, advance past my current role and earn enough to afford my own place. Given I live in London, this may ultimately end up in the long-term category.

- A nuclear family. Fairly straightforward.

- Money. I'll be surprised if I don't end up with net worth (inc illiquid assets) in the million-pound territory in later life.

- Power/influence/social standing. I've worked for some senior UK politicians both directly and indirectly and I've been lucky enough to meet some fascinating people. I may or may not seek out a career in politics itself, but I'd certainly like to someday be at the point where I get invitations to cricket at Lords or dinner at the Carlton.

7. Apslup

Apslup Complete Mad-Lad

What Politicians have you worked with? (Also i live near London myself and house prices are nuts)

8. Scammel

Scammel Well-Known Member

Directly for the former Secretary of State for International Development, indirectly (via a wider research team working on debate briefs, policy correspondence etc.) for over 100 backbenchers and most of the 2014 Cabinet.

A few weeks back I got tipsy at an event and started talking slightly-unguardedly to some nice bloke I thought to be in his 30s. Transpired he was an MP and former Special Adviser to Osborne and May.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  9. Zora

Zora Who dies first?

Finish my thesis and move out east to where my SP is.

I no likey the thesis :x

10. Apslup

Apslup Complete Mad-Lad

Feels bad man

11. pikanewb

pikanewb WiteMic

My goal changes a lot but I think i kind of got it now. First off, I want to move Canada. I love it there. Perfect weather in my opinion. But I would love open a community center. Not the typical gymnasium style though. I want the inside to be for 2 things: Gaming and Parkour. I never do parkour but I love watching it so I would to have a place to see it live. Basically have the main front "gym" area as a parkour course. Then have rooms around it for gaming. One room sony. the next microsoft/pc. Then Nintendo. On the outside of the building, i want a skatepark. Not one of these big X-Games style places but a street style park with rails, ledges, wedges, etc.

Aquaslash likes this.