• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

God this forum is in desperate need of a good team to rate

ludicolo_kid

Yeah, this is Wi-Fi, and no complaining about the Bold Raikou, it's what I've got and I'm going to make it work. This team has got some pretty nice synergy going on it imo. No offence to the teams that are being posted, but I'd like to hope this will give you lot still rating something to ponder over for a while rather than simply giving people movesets. Let's a go!

dpmfb130.png

Gyarados@ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Wrecks stuff. Helps me with enemy Gyara to an extent, and is just plain great. I don't like much else to lead here really.

dpmfb243.png

Raikou@ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 52 Spd
Bold Nature

Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Reflect

This works like the bomb alongside Gyara. Vire, step away, as you cannot switch in on all of Gyara's counters, and then beat them by either forcing a switch or just killing. Free Reflects are handy, it can't often sweep with it's Speed, but helps to clean up. It beats these of Gyara's counters no questions asked: Cress/Dusk/Starmie/Slowbro/Weezing/Mesprit/Uxie and P2 cannot compete with the CMs, even with Recover.

dpffb488.png

Cresselia@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Sp Def / 100 Def
Relaxed Nature

Psychic
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk

Generic wall. Takes status, counters Garmunch, counters Vire, counters Ape, the list goes on. Truly a handy thing.

dpmfb448.png

Lucario@ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Adamant Nature

Swords Dance
Close Combat
Crunch
Extremespeed

Cleans up also. It has some handy resists, and with Specs Lucario being the absolute sexual unstoppable bomb, I'm hoping that this has got a slight element of surprise.

dpmfb485.png

Heatran@ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Modest Nature

Overheat
Flash Cannon
Dragon Pulse
Lava Plume

Works well with the rest of the team, particularly Tangrowth, packs an extremely mean punch, has handy resists and serves as a surprisingly good Azelf counter as I find Cress to be a bit shaky.

dpmfb465.png

Tangrowth@ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk
Impish Nature

Power Whip
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Knock Off

Just the sex really. Knocks stuff off, puts gay pokemon to sleep, a truly great physical wall, people don't realise that this counters all forms of both Gyara and Tar with little issues other than flinches/crits/freezes.

Rate away, have fun.

EDIT- Sadly I have a feeling that the forum isn't going to want to even try and rate it now.

Last edited:

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Nice teasm, but any type of Lucario and Heatran to an extent have the ability to wreck on this team.

"L"

Yes, because stupid trainers will keep on switching a Pokemon weak to fire and Heatran will never be forced to switch out.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
replace overheat w/ something else on heatran.

To think I was about to come up with something witty for that.

Don't really have much to say here, considering everyone did so before.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
I want to know the same thing. Seriously, CRUNCH ON LUCARIO AND OVERHEAT ON HEATRAN!?!? xD

I'm sure Lucario loves getting molested by Ghost types when it can't even touch them.

Last edited:

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Nice team overall but Aerodactyl can give you some problems just like Megahorn Rhyperior. I also like Ice fang over Waterfall on DDdos for better coverage but losing stab isn't a good thing either, he will always have that slot problem.

Hayabusa

Bona fide Narutard.
Other than replacing Electivire with Raikou (which was a smart move), I don't see how this is an infinitely better team than others posted here.

I'm not saying it's a bad team but this combo has been done before and certain movesets- like the ones mentioned above- need fixing.

Also has a rather large weakness to Ground type attacks.

PsiUmbreon

You're just a tad Hera weak, but with good prediction you can handle it with Gyarados, Heatran, and Cresselia. Gyara doesn't like Stone Edge, Heatran hates Close Combat, and Cress hates Megahorn, but the three of them can wall the ones of Hera's moves they're not weak to.

And you're a bit Ground weak but I think it can be overlooked as your other three Pokemon don't mind switching into Ground moves at all.

Also, Earth Power > Flash Cannon on Heatran. Ground + Fire + Dragon is unresisted. Steel only covers Rock and Ice, the latter of which is better handled by Fire anyway. Ground covers Rock and is super effective against more than Steel, anyway. And plus now you're not countered by Empoleon so easily.

Finally, props for using Tangrowth.

Last edited:

ludicolo_kid

Okay Earth Power vs Flash Cannon is basically, which would you prefer to hit harder, Heatran and Infernape with EP, or Tyranitar and Rhyperior with FC? Personally I am more afraid of the latter two, and anything Earth Power hits super effective takes a harder hit from a STAB Overheat.

Where is this Ground weak you speak of? Okay so I have two pokemon 2x weak and one 4x weak, but that is covered by 2 immunities and one resist to it, I can comfortably switch into any pokemon that might have a Ground move several times.

There is no problem whatsoever with any of these movesets. The title was amazingly actually sarcasm, plus unlike the hundreds of Gyara/Tan/Heat/Vire/Cress/Filler teams you see I can actually use this and know how it works rather than simply copying a series of pokemon. I didn't replace Vire with Kou, as I wasn't copying that teams standard template. Incredibly I just built a team around Lucario and it came up with this.

And please, someone give me a link to the last good team posted on these forums, because in my occasional wanderings here I am yet to see anything decent in quite some time.

Keaton

Custom User Title
I personally don't like the stat drop from overheat....but thats me (i'd use Flamethrower or Heat Wave).

Also, yeah your right you do have immunities to ground but that wont stop your weak pokes getting smooshed by them, if you have ground immune fine, bt when you have three pokes lost because of one or two pokes, then they might still have counters for your levitators and so on...so concider that.

ludicolo_kid

Okay I have Choice Specs. I send in Heatran on one of it's many resists. I Overheat and do a lot more damage than I would with Flamethrower, factoring STAB in, it's 210 BP vs 142 BP, that's almost 70 difference. Regardless of which move I use, I'm likely switching out next turn, that's a given with Choice item pokemon, so as I'm staying in one turn only for most of the time why not use a much more powerful move? It's not like the stat drop makes any difference, and if I do 80-90% with Overheat then I can just finish them off with another Overheat. When their team is weak and I want to stick around for more than one turn then I'll Lava Plume. Any more complaints?

ludicolo_kid

Yeah, good thing is that very few stat-uppers can come in on an Overheat, and those that can I can still counter. Apart from Manaphy if you're counting it of course, but then it's uber so it doesn't matter.

Keaton

Custom User Title
Ofcourse, though if i were you, look out for any Dragon Dancing Gyarados or Kingdras they will reak havok if you give them too much time to set up (weaknesses and resistances aside)

PsiUmbreon

Okay Earth Power vs Flash Cannon is basically, which would you prefer to hit harder, Heatran and Infernape with EP, or Tyranitar and Rhyperior with FC? Personally I am more afraid of the latter two, and anything Earth Power hits super effective takes a harder hit from a STAB Overheat.

Tyranitar and Rhyperior would still take respectable damage from Earth Power. If it would mean the difference between a 2 and 3HKO with Flash Cannon, then it's justified, otherwise you're not walled by other Heatran and that's a plus.

Well, I'm not gonna lie, it is a good team. A bit Hera weak though, you need prediction to beat it.

ludicolo_kid

If you're in a Sandstorm with the Rock type Sp Def boost, then Flash Cannon 2HKOs and Earth Power 3HKOs, so yeah, worth it imo.

Unless you've got Gliscor or Weezing then every team is Hera weak, but as I don't particularly like using either of them then prediction is a surefire counter to Hera. If you have a look it doesn't really have a very easy time coming in on this team, Tangrowth can either Sleep or Knock Off the switch in making it useless, I have 2 Bug weaks and 3 resists, I have 2 Fighting weaks and 2 resists, I have 1 Rock weak and 2 resists, and nothing is weak to Pursuit/Night Slash plus the fact that I can Intimidate it with Gyara. Without going into overspecialized counters, I think I'm as prepared for Hera as is humanly possible.