1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Godzilla Monsters and Pokemon Lookalikes

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Heavy Metal Hippie, Mar 5, 2012.

1. -Unicorno-

-Unicorno- Think Magical!

Thats pretty interesting, even though I doubt that was intentional.

2. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

Actually some pokemon are indeed based on Godzilla monsters. As a matter of fact, Tyrannitar is actually based on Godzilla himself (so that first picture is accurate).

3. -Unicorno-

Really, I never would've guessed that, that's pretty interesting, I guess thats how they come up with some pokemon that arent based off of animals.

4. I'm sure most of them are just coincidences however.

5. Specialbeamcanon

Specialbeamcanon SUCH PERFECTION

The Sandslash one has no similarities other than the spikes

BTW is there a bigger size of the picture?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  6. metagrody6

metagrody6 COMO UN JEFE

Oh my god Pokemon totally stoled

7. -Unicorno-

OR Godzilla monsters stole :p

Also, I see no resemblance between the garydos one.

8. Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko's Awesomeness Treecko is claimed!

The reason they look similar is that they were based off of the same animals. That's it.

9. RaZoR LeAf

RaZoR LeAf Night Terror

Can you begin to imagine how many monsters and creatures have been designed in Japan? The thousands of computer games, movies, animes, tv shows, mangas, all of them containing creatures, monsters, demons, beasts... and you're surprised that some of them look alike?

10. IntelligantDur

IntelligantDur Sandshrew Trainer

I think it is a bit silly to think that Pokemon would steal from them. Some of them look nothing alive such as that bug Pokemon thing and, as said before, Gyarados.
    There are over 600 Pokemon, at least one of them will happen to look alike.

11. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

At least we know that one of them is based off one of the monsters. But yeah I doubt the rest are.

12. Cremia

Cremia It's a small world..

All of them except Tyranitar look nothing like Godzilla monsters :p well to me at least lol

13. overlordmewtwo

overlordmewtwo Supreme Overlord

Oh my! I've known that some Pokemon look similar to Godzilla monsters (such as Hydreigon, Scyther, and Volcarona looking similar to King Ghidorah, Gigan, and Mothra, respectively), but some of those came as a surprise, such as Nidoking looking similar to Baragon and Sandslash to Anguirus.

14. Sound

Sound Well-Known Member

Yanmega looks nothing like it's counterpart in the picture. The features and limps are all different. Crawdaunt's is a joke, or it better be. Feraligator's wreaks of desperation for a match, they only thing they have in common is being bipedal. Venemoth's simply explains itself. The Giratina's only similarities are the slight body shapes, but if that were enough, Dragonite would be a match for Godzilla.

Those are my opinions, anyway.

15. thekorean

thekorean Well-Known Member

Volcarona is definitely based on the Godzilla monster.

16. Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko's Awesomeness Treecko is claimed!

Actually, Volcorona is based on the atlas moth. So is the godzilla monster. What you just said would be like saying Charmander is based on Augumon.

17. Marbi Z

Marbi Z Lop-And-Bunny!!!

Tyranitar makes a great Godzilla if you ask me.

18. Schade

Schade The real Slim Schady

I think Tyranitar have more similarities with Tyrannosaurus than Godzilla.
    But that was some interesting ideas

19. Alter ego

Alter ego pixel

Actually Godzilla was created in 1954, so there's no chance of Godzilla steal Pokémon design :3