• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Godzilla

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Best theme ever.

People who don't recognize this masterpiece are some of the saddest people on Earth.

charizardfan

The original film is a masterpiece, but I find the other classic Showa films to be a lot more fun to get into and enjoy. Regardless, I'm a huge fan of the entire franchise and enjoy most of the movies.

Last edited:

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Never saw any of the movies, but I used to play Godzilla games when I was a kid.

Allio

TheManlyTrainer
^

I've never really cared for the old games of Godzilla, I like the newer ones better. like Destroy all monsters Melee.

I've only seen a few movies. not including the american 98 movie and the two tv series, I've see: Vs. Destroyah, 2000, Vs. Mothra/King Ghidorah, and Wars.

need to finish the movies before Fear net takes them off

Dattebayo

Banned
Godzilla is awesome, no exceptions (ok, maybe King Kong gets a slip)! Since Tyranitar is somewhat based off of the King of the Monsters himself, it's no wonder why he's currently the most overused. I really wish for more Kaiju-based Pokemon. I have seen all Godzilla films ever made (including the 98 remake) throughout my years. I do hear there will be another remake that'll stay true its roots in terms of Godzilla's design.

Pokechan

Godzilla is awesome along with the other monsters. I love watching all of the movies on TV and if possible I would love to watch them in Japanese as well. Did anyone hear about the new Godzilla movie that might be out next year?

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Godzilla is cool, but by no means my favorite. Mine would be Mothra, which also has a Pokeyman based on it. Much like Tyranitar is based on Godzilla, Volcarona is based on Mothra. My proof? None, it just looks that way to me.

charizardfan

Did anyone hear about the new Godzilla movie that might be out next year?
For a movie that was announced back in early 2010 to be out in 2012, the slow pace of news is a bit concerning. We're halfway through 2011 and the only substantial thing that's been released since then about the movie is that Gareth Edwards is directing and that David Goyer, who just recently came aboard, is working on the script. There doesn't seem to be anything else in terms of an actual release date, the monster's design, casting, etc. It's getting less and less likely that the movie will be coming out next year.

Last edited:

Allio

TheManlyTrainer
Godzilla is cool, but by no means my favorite. Mine would be Mothra, which also has a Pokeyman based on it. Much like Tyranitar is based on Godzilla, Volcarona is based on Mothra. My proof? None, it just looks that way to me.

Question. Did Mothra have movies before Godzilla? or are Mothra's movies spin offs?

charizardfan

Did Mothra have movies before Godzilla? or are Mothra's movies spin offs?
Mothra first starred in her own movie, back in 1961, before becoming incorporated into the Godzilla series. She later got three standalone movies in the late '90s - Rebirth of Mothra I, II, & III.

Vernikova

Champion
We're not going to complain about the American movies here? Okay then.

I'm a fan of Godzilla and I liked the 1998 Godzilla film though that's probably nostalgia blinding me. I never played any of the games but I did like the battles in the movies. The Godzilla theme is one of my favorite themes all time as well.

briguin

Dr. Geek
The Godzilla Thread

I'm pretty sure there isn't one already, so I decided to make one.

Rules

1. No spamming, flaming, trolling, etc. I really don't want this to get closed. This thread covers one of the coolest series ever. I don't want it to be gone.

2. Stay on topic. This is the Godzilla thread, not the Ultraman thread. If you want to talk about something else, make another thread. You MAY, however, talk about episodes of Zone Fighter where Godzilla appeared, or King Kong vs. Godzilla. (That's a real movie btw.) Anything Godzilla is allowed. (Movies, toys, TV shows, music, etc.)

3. All Sppf rules apply. I should've written this first, but I wanted the "no spam" thing out of the way. If you can't remember all of the rules, you're allowed to check them out again.

I think that's about it. I'll start a subject. (It's allowed to be changed btw.)

Are you excited about the new Legendary Pictures Godzilla movie coming out next year?

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
i thought the ended at final wars? that was the only one i watched. :3 i loves me a good mothra :3 also, to pretty much everyone out there, how the F--- can a 100 foot mutant lizard invincible to any weapon die to a 15 foot ape that died to a few bullets?

briguin

Dr. Geek
i thought the ended at final wars? that was the only one i watched. :3 i loves me a good mothra :3 also, to pretty much everyone out there, how the F--- can a 100 foot mutant lizard invincible to any weapon die to a 15 foot ape that died to a few bullets?

The Final Wars thing? Nah, that was just the end of the Millennium era, the next Godzilla Era is next year.

And the King Kong problem? I don't know. It's possible that Kong wasn't even victorious. At the end of the film, Kong is seen emerging out of the water before swimming back to his island. It's possible that Kong was fleeing from the Big G. We never really find out...