• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Goh and Cinderace! The Place Where It All Began!!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

wellwellwells

Goh’s coming back
He’s gonna pull a Brock May and Max in BF
Knew that the Nickits would evolve because way to show all Galar Pokemon
10/10 episode because of CRAMORGOD
There is still plenty of Galar mons that did not appear.

- Blipbug
- Corvisquire
- G Linoone
- Boltund
- Sizzlepede
- Rolycoly
- Carkol
- Barraskewda
- Flapple
- Hatenna
- Polteageist
- Mr Rime

And that’s even counting passing/backgrounds appearances without actual focus as valid showings.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
idk maybe Galar's Pokemon should be designed to be interesting if they want stories made out of them
I don't think the PM staff cares if something is interesting or not. They will spin something if they want no matter how bad or uninteresting it is. I mean, look at how they're making the world revolve around Leon right now!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
At least the artstyle looks less fugly ever since Cynthia’s battle for some reason
It is nice

nuzamaki90

Oof there’s like no activity here despite the episode actually being pretty good lol

It definitely felt like Goh’s calm before the storm, and we finally get to see the Galar trio altogether fighting side by side. Grookey got its battling debut in which it gave us a first look at a Pokémon actually eating another Pokémon. The reaction to that was the best part of the episode because even I was like holy crap lol! The Nicket also got some great development and I’m glad they all got a much deserved evolution to solidify themselves as Cinderace’s successors. I wish Goh could’ve brought them along with him to the Lab but I think the whole Sakuragi Lab thing is just a non-entity anymore.

However the true stars of this episode were, duh, Team Rocket and the unexpected return we didn’t think we needed; The Gachat. I really like how it was played with as well, having all the Meowth’s act as currency to give Team Rocket some more manpower is actually kind of OP. The real development showed when Jessie and James realized they can’t steal Ash’s Pokémon because he needs them for the finals, which is HUGE given that they were the ones who cost him his Quarterfinals match all the way back in the Indigo League in an attempt to steal his Pokémon. Team Rocket have come a long way and I’m here for it.

All in all, a great episode for everyone involved. Eternatus is definitely showing up for the finals, but the fact that Goh is now Gohne makes me curious on if anyone will be watching Ash’s match in the stands besides Hop. Maybe all the past companions show up? Excited to see what happens next.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
However the true stars of this episode were, duh, Team Rocket and the unexpected return we didn’t think we needed; The Gachat. I really like how it was played with as well, having all the Meowth’s act as currency to give Team Rocket some more manpower is actually kind of OP. The real development showed when Jessie and James realized they can’t steal Ash’s Pokémon because he needs them for the finals, which is HUGE given that they were the ones who cost him his Quarterfinals match all the way back in the Indigo League in an attempt to steal his Pokémon. Team Rocket have come a long way and I’m here for it.
They are slowly reforming, and it's nice. Still causing trouble, but not stealing, just regular delinquent stuff.

LazySpy

Kimty
I wonder why people want good debuts for Pokémon in a show called Pokémon.
What constitutes a good debut? Is there a limit to how many quote unquote "good" debutes have to take place before Pokemon are allowed to just exist in the background? Who decides that? Is the anime obligated to contrive stories just to arbitrally develop a Pokemon the episode decided to debut? What if it doesn't fit the story writer wanted to tell?

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
What constitutes a good debut? Is there a limit to how many quote unquote "good" debutes have to take place before Pokemon are allowed to just exist in the background? Who decides that? Is the anime obligated to contrive stories just to arbitrally develop a Pokemon the episode decided to debut? What if it doesn't fit the story writer wanted to tell?
It's as if these "fans" want a dedicated development episode centred around each and every pokémon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Having them be more than fodder for TRio. Your original post was asking why it matters if Galar Pokèmon were being debuted. The quality of said debuts is up to personal preference but it’s odd to ask why the creatures that define the series should be featured.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Goh peaceing out was kinda foreshadowed when Cinderace had his bro moment with Lucario for Cynthia. We know Luc is taking on Charizard, so if Cinderace is out here, he’s not out next round for whatever reason.

As far as the influx of Galar Pokémon showing up, the issue people have with it is exactly that: it was an influx. It really came across as the episode trying to fill out as many remaining Galar Pokémon appearances as possible so it wouldn’t have to do it later or not at all. Many Galar Pokémon = good, many Galar Pokémon blatantly shown like an assembly line = bad.