• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Goh and Cinderace! The Place Where It All Began!!

LazySpy

Kimty
Having them be more than fodder for TRio. Your original post was asking why it matters if Galar Pokèmon were being debuted. The quality of said debuts is up to personal preference but it’s odd to ask why the creatures that define the series should be featured.
There are Pokemon other than Galar Pokemon and they're featured in almost every episode. I don't see the need to debut all of them nor do i see how does it affect the story.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Cramorant swallowing Arrokuda was hilarious lmao

I highly doubt that Ash and Goh are going to accomplish their goals while separated from each other. project mew interrupting the finals somehow has been speculated for a while and I think has a good chance of happening.
I question how PM can interrupt the finals when they are taking place nowhere near each other.

Red

Not the color
At least the artstyle looks less fugly ever since Cynthia’s battle for some reason
It is nice
It literally looks the same as it’s always been? Y’all are weird with this animation examination, like you’re some kind of graphic designers..

And the only funny part of all these Galar Pokémon debuts is that they were mostly from TRio’s machine.

Did Goh say he couldn’t be there for the finals?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
There are Pokemon other than Galar Pokemon and they're featured in almost every episode. I don't see the need to debut all of them nor do i see how does it affect the story.
And those other Pokémon have up to 20+ years of appearances after having episodes that featured them. There are way more episodes of Pokémon having episodes centered around them than those of them just appearing to be antagonists for a few minutes (and even then we at least get some semblance of character outside of just “bad guy’s Pokémon”). No one’s saying showcase just Galar Pokèmon. If you can’t see why showing off the titular characters of the franchise, which is the main driving force for people being interested in sequels is a “need”, I don’t know what to tell you.

LazySpy

Kimty
And those other Pokémon have up to 20+ years of appearances after having episodes that featured them. There are way more episodes of Pokémon having episodes centered around them than those of them just appearing to be antagonists for a few minutes (and even then we at least get some semblance of character outside of just “bad guy’s Pokémon). No one’s saying showcase just Galar Pokèmon. If you can’t see why showing off the titular characters of the franchise, which is the main driving force for people being interested in sequels is a “need”, I don’t know what to tell you.
What's the issue with them being antagonists for a couple minutes and not having character? Who decided that it's a bad thing?

Also you admitt they show off the Pokemon, so what's the issue? "No one's saying showcase just Galar Pokemon" this line is proving my argument lol

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What's the issue with them being antagonists for a couple minutes and not having character?
Thats all they’ll have for their debut and will likely be nothing more besides background cameos. If it was just 1 or 2 Pokémon that got to play with their quirks like how Cramorant did, it’d be less of an issue. Alternatively, give them better debuts then have them return to be antagonistic. Previous gacha Pokèmon did that.
Who decided that it's a bad thing?
There is no decision. It’s not an objective statement. Neither of our stances are right. That’s kind of the point of a fourm.
Also you admitt they show off the Pokemon, so what's the issue?
Read above.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Goh peaceing out was kinda foreshadowed when Cinderace had his bro moment with Lucario for Cynthia. We know Luc is taking on Charizard, so if Cinderace is out here, he’s not out next round for whatever reason.

As far as the influx of Galar Pokémon showing up, the issue people have with it is exactly that: it was an influx. It really came across as the episode trying to fill out as many remaining Galar Pokémon appearances as possible so it wouldn’t have to do it later or not at all. Many Galar Pokémon = good, many Galar Pokémon blatantly shown like an assembly line = bad.
Wasnt the same thing done in movie 19 with the debut of a lot of mega evolved Pokemon?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So Satoshi is going to beat Charizard but loose to Eternatus...

I couldn't watch the episode this week, but its cool that a bunch of the Galar mons actually debuted thanks to it.

I wasn't expecting Go to leave before the finals...

Last edited:

charchar56

I question how PM can interrupt the finals when they are taking place nowhere near each other.
ehh still in Galar though, not sure what the connection is between Regigigas and Mew lol maybe that segues into stuff related to the tournament and the relevance of Leon owning Eternatus now (way too deep, I know). This is mostly cope that something interesting happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
ehh still in Galar though, not sure what the connection is between Regigigas and Mew lol maybe that segues into stuff related to the tournament and the relevance of Leon owning Eternatus now (way too deep, I know). This is mostly cope that something interesting happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There will be no Regigigas.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Even the Gatcha was ashamed....

This would be a good episode if it was in the middle of Journeys not in th middle of a tournament but there are so many things in the middle of a tournamen, breaks, mid development, mid recaps... This was a "Quick we have to showcase all the Galar Pokemon that are left when Gen 9 starts"

Oh and Hi Eternatus you failure of a Pokemon.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Oh look, another episode where they realized they've done an awful job at including Gen 8 Pokemon so they throw in everything and the kitchen sink. Some of my favourite Galar Pokemon are here in Dubwool, Stonjourner, and Thievul and we probably won't see them in a long time.

Only having Team Rocket interact with G-Meowth and Perrserker at the end of the saga feels like a major missed opportunity.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
At least Team Rocket will support Ash lol. Something I would never have been guessed that Team Rocket would deny catching Pikachu to help Ash for the finals. The rest was pretty mid though. Not really interesting or new. And Eternatus was BS. They could just not have touched it and give those Galarian Pokemon more screentime.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
If anything, they should have Gou and Ash split sooner and use those recaps and breaks to show Gou's process in PM without interfering with the PWC and make Gou return in time for the finals.