• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Goh and Cinderace! The Place Where It All Began!!

LazySpy

Kimty

GMax Helios

By the way, small nitpick, but Eternatus' "animation" was so lazy. It's nothing but a still image moving up and down, and it's especially jarring when they show the flashback of Eternamax where it had much more body movement. Also, I can't say I'm not disappointed with the fact they did nothing between Galarian Meowth/Purrserker and Team Rocket's Meowth. There could've been some really funny moments. Or, even better, have Purrserker take Meowth under his wing or something like that. Finally, assuming we won't see Goh again for the rest of Journeys (and hopefully forever) the lack of music at the end was so wierd. Like, seriously, there was literally no music at all.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I just need to say this and I know I am going to get attacked for this but I don't care at this point. They finally get to shore more of Galar Pokemon but Its too little too late, they didn't show much of the Galar Pokemon since they were so caught up in the whole "Traveling the world". Its one of my biggest problems with this anime.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I liked the episode, that last third was absolutely bonkers, like it was a desperate mad dash to shove in as many Gen 8 Pokémon as possible but I can’t say it wasn’t at least fun to watch. The moment Camorant ate that Arrokuda and there was just a prolonged silence made me laugh my ass off I really thought that thing was dead but they saved him.

10/10, if only for finally showing Stonejourner

Last edited:

GMax Helios

Yeah, literally 127 episodes in and no less than 10 Galar Pokemon make their debut in this 1 episode. And we still haven't even seen the Galarian birds yet. As a matter of fact, anyone else think the Moltres and Articuno episodes should've had them instead of the Kantonian ones? But I digress, it feels like the writers just realized "Oh, we barely showed off Galar Pokemon this series. Oops". As a matter of fact, the only non Galar Pokemon I can recall that appeared this episode besides Ash's Pikachu and Team Rocket's Meowth is Leon's Charizard.

Goh is off to gathering Ash’s friends for the finals, he’s using Project Mew as a cover up to surprise him.
I think that might be happening too. Ash loosing badly for the first two episodes but then Goh brings all of Ash’s friends… and then Ash wins

AJ97

I hope Goh stays for the next anime. Even though the execution of his goals was sometimes quite wonky, his bromance with Ash was one of the highlights of JN
I disagree. I think we've had better companions.
and the PM subplot was the best companion goal (and it can be easily brought over to the next season, too).
Really? While I can appreciate the concept of Project Mew; the execution has been terrible without any set goal so far. I personally found Contests much more interesting.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I disagree. I think we've had better companions.
I mean, to each their own.
Really? While I can appreciate the concept of Project Mew; the execution has been terrible without any set goal so far. I personally found Contests much more interesting.
Eh, contests for me always felt like watered down battles because they didn’t want female companions sharing Ash’s goal. Besides, the way the “damage” was calculated always seemed like BS.

Project Mew sure was wonky at times, but it suits the anime much more than contests. There are endless possibilities for it, if given enough time and care.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The subs made this episode 10x times funnier XD TR had some killer lines, and the whole underling thing was so amusing to watch with Perrserker becoming their boss, or the whole TR monologue of evilism and Meowth's speech XD TR were the MVP of this episode, I really love them. Less appearances of theirs really helps hit their appearances harder and makes you appreciate them more!!
And also, Ash being snarky against Leon and telling him not to get lost while Leon responds Ash is cheeky was a very cute moment!! Really like Ash and Leon's dynamic, love that they Kukuified them. And also Sonia telling Ash to beat Leon's ass while Leon watches in shock :p We needed more Sonia!!
Next series should still have TR appear less but have more pivotal stuff than what JN gave them
Or, even better, have Purrserker take Meowth under his wing or something like that.
......Thats literally what happened though?

Trillion

just posted this in another thread, little theory i had:

at the end of the episode goh said he got a project mew summons, but didn't say where he's going. i'm wondering if maybe he's going to paldea. then when he meets back up with ash again he'll tell ash about the region. serving as a catalyst for ash to go there. seems like the most natural way to do it imo

MunchMunch

What's the issue with them being antagonists for a couple minutes and not having character? Who decided that it's a bad thing?

Also you admitt they show off the Pokemon, so what's the issue? "No one's saying showcase just Galar Pokemon" this line is proving my argument lol
Literally almost Pokemon from every generation has had the chance to have important roles attached to them except for Galars Pokemon which have mostly been reduced to cameos or background fodder.

Before this generation, almost every Pokemon from that Region would be assigned to an character, episodes would be about them or they would have some air of relevance.

Galar and Hisui haven't been given the same treatment.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?