• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Goh and Cinderace! The Place Where It All Began!!

MunchMunch

I mean in fairness, the anime has ALWAYS been like this. Focusing on filler episodes or formula/slice of life over actual important character development steps. Even the best series like DP wasted a lot of time.

I admit this episode being mostly a Team Rocket faceoff kinda underwhelms that key step (though I get the feeling Goh's hardly being written out) though it was at least a decent creative faceoff that charted back to some of Goh's Pokemon and their development. They should have tried more stuff like this with the Gacha.

Interesting that TR Meowth was able to sweet talk his Galarian cousins to be on their side but gets on horribly with his Alolan ones. Also TRio being unwilling to snag Ash's Pokemon before the big match.

On a side note, it's kinda goody goody, but I liked the whole 'defeat equals friendship' thing continued on, with both the Zigzagoons and Perserker's gang getting some food in the end. Hard to really see a starving stray as a bad guy.
It's cause Galarian Meowth is based on Vikings and well Vikings = Dumb. Where as Alolan Meowth is based on Spoiled Cast's and they're smarter. Also it's a dark type and Dark type is "Evil" and that means "Smart and Sneaky"

Last edited:

DatsRight

It's cause Galarian Meowth is based on Vikings and well Vikings = Dumb. Where as Alolan Meowth is based on Spoiled Casts and they're smarter.
Yeah, but the dex entries made a specific point that Kanto and Galarian Meowth hate each other, while they're ironically the ones who get along in the anime (granted via TR's power of buttering up).

DatsRight

The anime just like laughing at dex facts more often than not, and then there's the stupidity afflicting the main characters/Pokemon just to keep the plot/battles going longer than they should.
I mean they don't have to follow them for every Pokemon, Galarian Zigzagoon are troublemakers for example but here the poor things clearly just wanted some food. It's just unusual they didn't play off of the rivalry for Meowth of all Pokemon.

It feels like the current gen of games actually added a lot of stuff directly as material for the anime to use, but it has just went 'Nah' the whole way.

I liked the episode, that last third was absolutely bonkers, like it was a desperate mad dash to shove in as many Gen 8 Pokémon as possible but I can’t say it wasn’t at least fun to watch. The moment Camorant ate that Arrokuda and there was just a prolonged silence made me laugh my ass off I really thought that thing was dead but they saved him.

10/10, if only for finally showing Stonejourner
Really with the sporadic use of actual Galar Pokemon, it feels like the anime's biggest draw with them is how pitiful they tend to be.

Wooloo, Perserker, Galarian Meowth/Zigzagoon, all of TR's fodder in this episode. They've all just been sympathetic punching bags for the main lot. it feels like they've had to fill the empty hole since TR don't have any consistent regional Pokemon this series to make likeable jobbers (besides Morpeko, who is arguably their least sympathetic Pokemon by miles).

I mean....it WORKS I guess. I want to hug most of these guys and stick them on my team just to have their moment. :p

Last edited:

KukuiFanatic501

The only real problem I had with this episode was Leon basically just getting Eternatus handed to him. Like, that part of the episode feels totally unnecessary and pretty much has nothing to do with the later half of the episode. So, why exactly spend time on Eternatus here of all episodes to do that in?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The only real problem I had with this episode was Leon basically just getting Eternatus handed to him. Like, that part of the episode feels totally unnecessary and pretty much has nothing to do with the later half of the episode. So, why exactly spend time on Eternatus here of all episodes to do that in?
You can do so much with a Goh episode...even if the episode was clearly more about Cinderace.

2nd best JN episode besides JN132 (or best) because CRAMORGOD

Starswirl Pikachu

Galarian Zigzagoon look nice, like a mix between a zebra and a fuzzy thunderbolt! In other news, I think we were way overdue for Team Rocket to do some more pokemon scheming. Even though its cheating, Team Rocket using the machine to send out multiple mon's at once actually seemed to be pretty effective. I mean they still didn't win but how come nobody thought of doing that sooner? It was kind of good to watch the heroes trying to deal with so many opponents at once.

I liked that the bird almost ate its teammate and Goh sent out Grookey? These are strange times indeed.