• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Goh or Chloe?

Which do you prefer?

• Chloe

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Goh

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 19 36.5%

• Total voters

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Chloe. Not a huge fan of the Eevee taxi role she kind of shifted into (and before someone gets smart I know that’s not literally what she is) but she has potential, which is more than I can say (at least for me personally) for Mr. “Every-ball-I-throw-is-a-Quick-Ball-in-disguise”.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I think as of right now, Goh is a better character. But I voted for Chloe because I think she has more potential and because I'm still hoping she becomes the deuteragonist for SV.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Why_not_both.png

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Chloe is the better character. The way she's been developed despite not being a main character is amazing. Chloe>Goh

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Something I do like in Ash is that he tends to bring out the best in people.

May went from absolutely no interest in traveling and ending up joying it

Dawn was able to accept her loses while traveling around him

Iris was able to embrace her childless and not to constantly feel the need of being an “adult”

Serena was able to find something she was passionate about

Lillie was able to comfort her fears instead of running away from them

And now Chloe went from becoming apathetic and pessimistic to generally learning to how fun.

And this is the just beginning for her. I really do hope she’ll go on to the next generation. Goh is okay but meh

Gingertail24

It feels like in general, Goh started off rather awkwardly with not a well defined goal and agency, and now is starting to perk up noticably in terms of goal and character development. Meanwhile Chloe started off rather unique and more character driven but has slowly homogenized more into a standard inactive cute female.
Yeah idk how to describe it, but that sums of my issue with Chloe. Her personality was genuinely fun in the beginning, now it turned into just a standard cute nice personality.

DatsRight

Yeah idk how to describe it, but that sums of my issue with Chloe. Her personality was genuinely fun in the beginning, now it turned into just a standard cute nice personality.
I feel like that sort of character arc can work, but there needs to be actual unique transitioning and development in how it works, not just the character becoming more generically nice. I feel like Chloe getting in dialogue about how awesome Eevee is once per episode isn't really enough to keep me invested (even in terms of a one Pokemon related arc, I feel like Yamper might have been a more interesting subject for Chloe since there was actual background with it and Chloe and her earlier more acerbic personality).

I feel like since the show has focused more on interactions than heavy individual arcs, the focus has favoured the boys more, like they can figure more natural chemistries for them. I feel like Sophocles' arc with the SM boys and Vikavolt was done more gratifyingly than Chloe's.

Last edited:

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
The 'neither' option is a very lazy way out and kinda ruins the point of the whole poll. Also, where is the 'I like both' option, in that case?

If you really wanted people to choose between the two, you should have just made Chloe and Goh the only options.

BlueDragonfangirl

The 'neither' option is a very lazy way out and kinda ruins the point of the whole poll. Also, where is the 'I like both' option, in that case?

If you really wanted people to choose between the two, you should have just made Chloe and Goh the only options.
You see, the reason why I made this thread was because they are both very hated characters and I was curious who was more liked out of the two.

I go based off popularity polls of the female leads, Chloe was slightly above Iris in the poll meaning she’s not making a good impression.

Goh yah it’s hard not to see hate on his character from YouTube to other places so yah.

Ask for the poll options Eh Sometimes it’s hard to make up your mind.

Gingertail24

You see, the reason why I made this thread was because they are both very hated characters and I was curious who was more liked out of the two.

I go based off popularity polls of the female leads, Chloe was slightly above Iris in the poll meaning she’s not making a good impression.

Goh yah it’s hard not to see hate on his character from YouTube to other places so yah.

Ask for the poll options Eh Sometimes it’s hard to make up your mind.
Meh goh is hated , I think for the most part what I've seen is either indifference or love towards Chloe

And I like the niether option even tho I understand kazuniya's point.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It's like asking who was better written between Goh's Inteleon or Goh's Grookey

This question is hard to answer who is a better character because of all the questionable writing decisions they've done with Goh and Chloe's character arcs

But personally I like Goh more

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Chloe, because I want Pokegirls to thrive & appearing full time like lots of episodes with their detailed goals and participate in battles, not part time appearences nor a goal that could be done in less than 10 episodes.