• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Goh's Most controversial capture

Which of Goh's captures do you think is the most controversial.

• Suicune

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • Grookey

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Eternatus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Regileki

• Something Else, Please specify

• Total voters

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
This idea came into my head after seeing some threads over in the spoiler's section

I know alot of people didn't exactly like Goh's capture spree's, but it did make me think about some of his more "controversial" obtainments and which one people feel is the biggest offender.

Suicune is the fist one that comes to mind, since after all no one expected Goh to be given a legendary (which he caught to "Save" from poachers) when even Ash hasn't technically caught one (jury's still out on Melmetal, Naganadel is an Utra Beast it doesn't count), but there were a few others that I feel could challenge this one.

Like say, Grookey? I clearly remember how much of a fuss that kicked up since we had people accusing Goh of stealing, and being no better than Team Rocket, and how unfair it was to them to not to try and understand Grookey's feelings and such.

Then there was Eternatus...even though Goh didn't keep it and it's back in the wild now.

and Regileki...but I don't know if anyone really cares about that one since the regi's have more than fallen from legendary status.

This is a pretty simple poll, please keep things civil, and for the love of Arceus...please do not start with any "Goh is a Psychopath" comments.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I definitely think its Suicune. The funny thing is I predicted him catching it as a joke and was actually right to my surprise lmao

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Surprised Sobble isn't here given all the uproar back in the day.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
It's definitely Suicune, especially because Goh was still a beginning trainer unlike Ash. It's what really raised the Mary Sue (or rather, Gary Stu) accusations towards Goh, and it was also annoying to see him permanently catch a legendary while Ash never got to.

diesglamouris

[...] it was also annoying to see him permanently catch a legendary while Ash never got to.
Yeah. You may justify Goh capturing Suicune because of being badly hurt, but it still makes you wonder why writers never gave Satoshi the opportunity to catch and tame a legendary and instead give tons of easy catches and even legendaries to the new boy. It feels kinda unfair.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Yeah. You may justify Goh capturing Suicune because of being badly hurt, but it still makes you wonder why writers never gave Satoshi the opportunity to catch and tame a legendary and instead give tons of easy catches and even legendaries to the new boy. It feels kinda unfair.
It's baffling alright. They let him catch an Ultra Beast and a mythical, but he ends up having to release them anyway (if you assume leaving the entire Alola team at home with Kukui counts as being released by Ash). He does temporarily have Nebby the Solgaleo, but again had to be released back into its homeland. Somehow they still let Goh get to keep that Suicune, very unfair.