• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Goin' Apricorn! (145)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Goin' Apricorn!

After meeting Kurt in the Drought fiasco, Ash gives him the GS Ball to work on...while he works on them, Kurt's grandaughter takes Ash & Co. on a tour round the fields. However problems arise when Team Rocket arrive to steal the Apricorns and Pokéballs. Can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Good episode I thought, made me laugh a few times, especially James, shame his voice doens't sound as funny now....

This episode's good for beginners, the tour of all the different poké-balls helped, even though some where very obvious without a description. A heavyball? Hmmm catching heavy pokémon? Never....

Not need to be sceptical but it was actaully called "Going Apricon", not "Goin' Apricon". Pointless statement but I thought I'd correct you :p

Any other highlights? Oh good to see Brock catch a Pineco too.

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
It makes you wonder. How do you make Poke' Balls out of over grown nuts? Whatever, it is anime. Still, it would have peaked my interest if we learned more after Kurt's craft.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Yay, the episode where Brock caught Pineco! I always loved how Pineco would blow up in Brock's face. :) Too bad they lost that running gag when Pineco evolved. At least he's still on the show, though. :) It's interesting when Brock goes "Whoo!" over the pinecos, and his voice actually sounds more like James's (it's true, listen closely).

The one thing I don't like about this episode is Maisy. GOD, that girl is ANNOYING. It really makes me want to put the mute button on whenever she's around (at least I like closed captioning). I'm glad that these three episodes are the only times we see her.

One of my favs

This episode is one of my fav pokemon episode. It introduces the apricon pokeballs. My favorte apricorn pokeball in the Moon Ball because it evolves pokemon like Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Nidorino and Nidorina into Clefable, Wigglytuff, Nidoking and Nidoqueen. I love Pineco because when he self-distructs, it's funny!

PAK Man

BlueEyesUltamiteDragon204 said:
This episode is one of my fav pokemon episode. It introduces the apricon pokeballs. My favorte apricorn pokeball in the Moon Ball because it evolves pokemon like Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Nidorino and Nidorina into Clefable, Wigglytuff, Nidoking and Nidoqueen. I love Pineco because when he self-distructs, it's funny!

It doesn't evolve them, it just makes them easier to capture.

Personally, I love this episode. This is one of those episodes I can see and never get tired of. I love seeing the introduction of the Acorn PokeBalls, and seeing Brock capture Pineco (his first Pokemon since Vulpix!) was pretty exciting as well.

Alright episode, of course, I loved it when Pineco exploded in Brock's face, lol

Battra

The GS ball finally gets delivered so many questions about it will finally get answered. Not!, turns out just a plot device for Ash to go to Johto. A very good episode despite the GS ball getting delivered nice to see Brock catch a Pineco like he wanted even if it unexploded on him. I've always liked the Apricorns and being able to make your own Pokeballs from them, to bad they didn't get carried into other Pokemon games or series, it would be nice to see them along with the berries in later games and episodes of the series.

Manchee

extra toasty
I liked this EP. I love the way the "special" Pokéballs look, but what happened to them? Ash, Misty, and Brock used the ones the got, but now they seem obsolete..

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
If i was Ash, Misty and Brock, i would have picked one of each colour if you're getting free Pokeballs.

I think Pineco was a good capture for Brock though.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Nice episode, like Blue Snover said..they could take one of each color...
and Pinco is so cute ^_^

It's one of the cuter bug types, i'm glad it went to Brock.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I liked this episode. I'm glad Brock caught Pineco, as this is the first pokemon he has gotten in a long, long time. I like how they introduced apricorn pokeballs, as this is really the first new pokeball we've seen besides the standard one. And the questions about the GS ball remain unanswered. I doubt they ever will be, it was just to get Ash, Misty, and Brock into Johto.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I too wonder how nuts are part of the Pokéball process. It's not like you can stuff a Pokémon in a hollowed-out nut, lol. Yet it was pretty interesting to watch. Now I know where Pokéballs come from! Nuts! ... Yep, kids, it's true!

I'm glad Brock got a Pineco with his Fast Ball. I like how it exploded on him. It's kind of a forgettable Pokémon, though... =\