• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Goin' For A Spinda! (333)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Going For A Spinda!

After his Gym Battle against Flannery, Ash & Co. decide to head towards the next town. In doing so, they meet a trainer who is looking for a Spinda with specific markings. Brock immediately jumps to her rescue and helps look for the specific Spinda. However Team Rocket are also after the Spinda. Who will get there first?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

L

luckyharison

Serebii said:
Lots of Spinda! Beyond the Mountain in Search of Happiness!

After his Gym Battle against Flannery, Ash & Co. decide to head towards the next town. In doing so, they meet a trainer who is looking for a Spinda with specific markings. Brock immediately jumps to her rescue and helps look for the specific Spinda. However Team Rocket are also after the Spinda. Who will get there first?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
Hey Team rocket never wins so I finally think Brock will win and if team rocket was to underesitimate my then I would be so shocked

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Well, this is next weeks first airing ep...it doesn't looks so good, but of course...that's what i always say...lol

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
ACtually your right Kuthu the episode was'nt all that good. The episode was pretty boring they did'nt do WTP they'll probaly do that on Friday and the TC was just plain horrrible out of the 2 that can KO a Seedot they had to pick a Surskit.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I just saw it. They named the female guest character after my pain in the rear sister. They didn't actually but it just turned out that way. At least they named the guy Cane and not Al or else I would toss my breakfast in more ways then one.

Once again, we have a TR mech. *Crushes worthless Spinda mech with a Gundam.*

I loved how the Spinda with the broken heart mark was all over Brock. Then he went into "Ivy" mode. XD

A filler through and through, in about an hour we get to see Torkoal's entrance.

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
This was a pretty good episode. They had a lot of humor in this one, I liked how Brock kept finding the Spinda with the broken heart shape on it's head, and then it was clinging to him.XD Brock was basically funny throughout the whole episode. I also liked James' line when Spinda was in their balloon "Hey what are you doing confusing us, we're already confused!" So overall, even though this was a filler, I thought it was pretty good. The music could have been better, but it didn't bother me that much in this particular episode.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Not much to say. I didn't like this episode when I first heard about it. The best parts all came from Brock.

EDIT: And now I'm convinced that they MUST be trying to do a "Worst Choice' scenario, only using the wrong choice of words. I mean, I don't even think 4Kids could screw up the TC here. It has to be some sort of speech error.

Last edited:
This was a bad one, huh? Well then, I guess I didn't miss much(I slept in. Why did stupid KidsWB have to change the schedule?!?!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:).

SC~ out

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
I thought it was a decent episode. Brock was especially funny. I liked Spinda's voice; it sounded fitting. TR's idea with using Meowth & the Teddiursa to lure out the Spinda was funny. I also thought it was funny how Brock kept ending up with the Spinda with a broken-heart! XD

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
I thought this filler was pretty funny. I liked the running gag with Brock always getting the Spinda with the broken heart mark as other people have said. And I guess we have an idea of what Professor Ivy (Brock: "Don't say that name!") did to him since after he found out that the girl watching after the Spinda was getting engaged, he went in "Ivy" mode. Too bad for Brock...:(

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
V Faction said:
EDIT: And now I'm convinced that they MUST be trying to do a "Worst Choice' scenario, only using the wrong choice of words. I mean, I don't even think 4Kids could screw up the TC here. It has to be some sort of speech error.
What was the Trainer's Choice for this one? *missed the ep. And doesn't really care since it looks boring*

It was which one could defeat Seedot. They chose Surskit; which aside from learning Ice Beam and Blizzard, doesn't really have an advantage at all until it evolves! I think the other choices were Delibird and Torkoal...both of which could defeat Seedot in a matter of seconds.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Pika Hikari KT said:
They chose Surskit; which aside from learning Ice Beam and Blizzard, doesn't really have an advantage at all until it evolves! I think the other choices were Delibird and Torkoal...both of which could defeat Seedot in a matter of seconds.
...well, I'm now completly convinced that who ever is in charge of the 'Trainers Choice' segment has absolutly no idea what they're doing.

Judging by what many have said, this isn't going to be an episode I'll be getting up at 7:30am to watch. Were there any other humorous moments besides the heartbreak-Spinda and Brock winding up with each other all the time? And, umm...I'm betting Spinda sounded identical to Mudkip, ne?

Yellow

Banned
This episode wasn't bad for a filler. Brock was funny in this episode, especially at the end when he used Mudkip, Lotad, and Forretress to battle Team Rocket. All in all, I've seen better fillers.

M

meggirl63

This was a cute good episode with all those cute lil Spinda. Oh, that guy Cain was sooooooo sweet! :)

I

Indigo

Ugh...sickening. just sickening.

-There have been two Claire characters in the series now. The one in this ep. and of course, the Blackthorn Gym Leader. THINK OF MORE NAMES, 4KIDS!
-Claire and Kane...yuck. Just...yuck. WAY too mushy and corny.
-Can Team Rocket get any more stale than this? I don't think so.
-No character development, no exciting plot, not even a good pun. Can you say, "Johto"?
-The TC was wrong...again.

This episode barely kept my attention. The only thing I liked was Brock's little Spinda friend. But the rest...pure Johto. If they do this again, I don't even know what I'll do.

A dismal 3/10.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Indigo said:

-There have been two Claire characters in the series now. The one in this ep. and of course, the Blackthorn Gym Leader. THINK OF MORE NAMES, 4KIDS!

Okay, that's it. PLEASE do some research. Clare was her name in the frickin' original version.

PDL

disenchanted
well... this episode wasn't completely spectactular... Claire was kinda cute... somewhat...

I liked the Spinda with the broken heart... I think it should have been named "Lucky", out of irony or something

and as for the Trainer's Choice... no comment... I actually predicted they would choose Surskit -_-

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I never really considered it before, but I like the comment noted earlier that this could very well explain how Brock acted after leaving Ivy. After all, he would be even more devestated than he was here if he had given up everything to stay with her (liek Ivy) only to find Ivy already had a love interest or fell in love with someone else. I say it's the best theory out there (much better than the "Ivy raped Brock" theory). ^_^

Indigo said:
The episode was far from the greatest but it was hardly as bad as you make it out to be. It was an amusing episode, which is all it was designed to be so that's okay by me. Not every episode can incldue a life-changing event, and what would you expect from a Spinda episode except wacky hilarity?

And there are dozens of people with the exact same first AND last names in most large individual cities, let alone states and countries. It's hardly a crime that a few Pokemon characters have the same name as another character introduced earlier.

-Claire and Kane...yuck. Just...yuck. WAY too mushy and corny.
Not a romance fan I take it, though that makes you seem a bit biased considering very little fo the episode was at all mushy. It wasn't even until the end that the romantic plot was revealed.

-Can Team Rocket get any more stale than this? I don't think so.
To me they seemed a bit fun and original (for them at least) actually, what with the way they got effected by the Spinda attacks, Jessie's obsession with acting etc.

TR: "We're blasting off in shame!"

-The TC was wrong...again.
I think they must have thought Seedot was Grass/Dark like its evolutions. If it was then Surskit could be the right choice, since Bug would do 4x damage, rather than Ice doing 2x damage. Although the only Bug type move Surskit could get is Hidden Power Bug...

This episode barely kept my attention. The only thing I liked was Brock's little Spinda friend. But the rest...pure Johto. If they do this again, I don't even know what I'll do.
It had some things going for it:

1. Some clever dialogue (Butler: "He is a strange little man").
2. Newly showcased attacks (Teeter Dance and Dizzy Punch had never been seen in the anime before).
3. Brock actually using his Pokemon, and actually using Forretress for something worthwhile.
4. Some good discussion foreshadowing the fifth gym battle and a few other episodes, a good recap for all those involved, especially those with short memories.

If I were to assign a number I'd give the episode a 6/10, mostly because I tend to like action-orientented episodes more. As a hilarity/goofy type episode, it was probably closer to a 7 or 8/10.