1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Going For Choke! (451)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Battle Frontier' started by Serebii, May 4, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Going For Choke

After just getting through the preliminaries, May gets ready for the finals of her 5th Pokémon Contest. However her rival Harley, still trying to stop May from getting through lends his Cacturne & Banette to Jessie who also got through the preliminaries. However, May & Jessie wind up having to battle eachother in order to get the ribbon. Will May win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Neko Godot

Neko Godot Hey! Listen!

So, did May win this contest, or was it a loss?

3. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

She won (of course), Squirtle beats Banette and May gets the ribbon. She now has all five and can enter the Grand Festival next month.

4. erizibang

erizibang Well-Known Member

oh my! have you seen it?? *-*... what happened to Ash and co.?? Did Drew saved them?? o.o??

5. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

Squirtle beat Banette? Pssh, chalk up yet another 'Mary-Sue' moment for May.

I was looking forward to this episode until I found that out........

6. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

...and it wasn't totally obvious from the get-go?!

And jesus. You should at least see how the battle played out before bringing up the whole 'Mary-Sue' garb. For all we know, this could have been a postive turning point for Squirtle, in terms of how it battles.

7. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Let's wait till we see the battle first. At least this time Squirtle already knows Ice Beam, so it didn't pull an attack out of nowhere! :p

I take it you didn't watch the preview then? It showed Squirtle and Banette battling each other right in the preview clip.

8. The Great Butler

It was Squirtle actually beating Banette which disappointed me. May needs a dose of humility rather badly, that would make me like her a lot more. It's long overdue for someone in this series to not make it to the League or Festival and decide it isn't the end of the world.

9. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

It would also be the biggest cop out to build up to a tournament and then not deliver. If May didn't get to enter the Grand Festival, I'd wonder why the writers wasted time making Contest episodes with no payoff at the end.

10. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Is Squirtle winning suprising at all? I mean, I went in to this with "Squirtle will win". It might not be cheap, Squirtle may barely win, or Squirtle could use Hydro Pump. You should wait till you see it.

So, my question is, whose Skarmory was it?

11. The Great Butler

Eh. I guess I've been bittered by May's numerous other 00ber-fied wins.

And what would stop her from attending the Grand Festival anyway and rooting for Drew? It would be a nice change to see normally supporting characters get to star for once.

12. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

The fact that she's not competing would still make it a cop out. I'm not going into the Kanto GF for the sake of seeing the spotlight on Drew, I want to watch the Kanto GF with the focus on May, you know, the character we actually watched working toward this goal all season.

Just like how watching Morrison battle in the Hoenn league was fun, but if they didn't focus on Ash, I would have been pissed.

13. Mawile XD

Mawile XD ello thar

Don't forget about Munchlax versus Octillery. ^_~ Harley beating her humiliated her. Still, I agree.

14. MagicBox

MagicBox xoBcigaM

"Zenigame! Use Iron Tail! WHOAMG, it worked!"

Ewwww......

Well, it would make the anime more realistic, but I guess that's not really all that fun.

15. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

Squirtle winning = no-brainer.

Weird how little information is out for this ep. :/ People seemed more interested in last week's.

16. Saraform

Saraform PokéDex Analyst

Trust no one; learn Japanese and become independent.

The only event of importance is the revelation of the Grand Festival's location - Indigo Plateau.

17. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

*g* I've filed 'learn Japanese' on my life-list just under 'learn quantum physics'. :p

Ooooh, The Big Al's not going to like that. :D

Seriously, though, that is interesting news. Does that mean the GF will be held in the stadium itself? If so, that might decrease the odds that Ash will redo the Indigo League. Then again, perhaps the IL is going to run immediately after the GF. Hmm.

18. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

That's pretty cool actually. Ash re-entering the Indigo league just got a hell of a lot more likely.

19. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

I'm sure that there'll be some big challenge awaiting Ash at the end of his Battle Frontier journey, but I really don't see it being the Indigo League... surely there would've been mention of it by now.

20. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

So far there's still no mention of Ash doing anything after the Battle Pyramid, so it can go either way. It's not as if we know where he's headed after he gets the 7th symbol. (aside from traveling to the Indigo Plateau for May's Grand Festival)