• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Going For Choke! (451)

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I can honestly see the Battle Frontier ending with a whimper for Ash with a pathetic Legendary-fest versus Brandon and nothing more while May gets a second Grand Festival. I'm getting rather sick of all the over-glorification of May lately.....the even bill from Hoenn worked fine.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The Great Butler said:
I can honestly see the Battle Frontier ending with a whimper for Ash with a pathetic Legendary-fest versus Brandon and nothing more while May gets a second Grand Festival. I'm getting rather sick of all the over-glorification of May lately.....the even bill from Hoenn worked fine.

Ash gets to battle an Elite 4 member, 7 Brains, and at least two legendaries in the BF saga. May just competed in 6 more Contests and a Grand Festival.

If anything, the BF saga is all Ash glorification. Not that there's anything wrong with that, because it shows how strong Ash is now. May hasn't been able to beat a legendary yet, and she probably never will, so I don't see how she's being glorified just because she can get 5 ribbons.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Ash gets to battle an Elite 4 member, 7 Brains, and at least two legendaries in the BF saga. May just competed in 6 more Contests and a Grand Festival.

How many Pokémon has Ash caught this saga. None. May meanwhile gets a Squirtle that is made 00ber (did it really use Iron Tail? >_<) an Eevee made equally more 00ber (Brock won that match. I'll keep saying it until I keel over dead.) Ash also hasn't been given very many plots outside "Battle the brain, win a symbol" while May has:

-traveled through time
-actually had decent rivals in the form of Harley and Drew
-chased that Arcanine

Not to mention her habit of demanding to stop at food stands without a care to what anyone else thinks.

And she's going to be the star of "Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea Manafi?" Yuck.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
May's legitimate wins (which is, like, ALL OF THEM), yet, no one complains about Ash's illegitimate wins? (which is like, ALL OF THEM!)

Dusclops vs. Skitty. Houndoom vs. Skitty. Jynx vs. Skitty. Marshtomp vs. Eevee. All four completely illogical wins for her, especially the Dusclops and Marshtomp ones. Even CyberCubed has said the Dusclops one was crap.

Squirtle beating a Bannete being used by TEAM ROCKET

Squirtle is a baby, as you'd know if you saw May get it, while Banette has been being trained obsessively by Harley for who knows how long. Not to mention at its most basic, Banette is simply stronger than Squirtle.

Squirtle using Ice Beam is so horribly wrong, yet Charizard taking an Ice Beam to the back, and having no effect is fine?

Charizard = heat. Heat + ice = melt.

Eevee that has been training beating a pathetic excuse of a former Gym Leader's Swampert that got like, NO battle experience throughout the entire series

Brock outplayed May to an unbelieveable degree. Eevee didn't land a single hit on it for a majority of the battle.

Bulbasaur and Beautifly PWNING a Bannete and Cacturne owned by a trainer that OBVIOUSLY SUCKS AND HAS TO CHEAT TO WIN

Harley cheats because he's a villain. Haven't you heard that he beat May legitimately?

THAT ****ING THUNDER ARMOR THING GETS NO COMPLAINTS?!

Where did you get that from? Many people complained about it.

they really should give May her own spin-off, and get a better cast of writers for it, she is too good for this show, and the hypocritical idiots that watch it.....

I don't think I'm the idiot here.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The Great Butler said:
How many Pokémon has Ash caught this saga. None. May meanwhile gets a Squirtle that is made 00ber (did it really use Iron Tail? >_<) an Eevee made equally more 00ber (Brock won that match. I'll keep saying it until I keel over dead.)

Ah but, Ash has had 2 evolutions to cancel that out, and you have to remember it's only natural for May to be catching pokemon in this saga as this is her first time in Kanto, and i'm gonna go get my earmuffs ready in case the writers decided to po all the Banette fans out there.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Almighty Zard said:
Ah but, Ash has had 2 evolutions to cancel that out, and you have to remember it's only natural for May to be catching pokemon in this saga as this is her first time in Kanto, and i'm gonna go get my earmuffs ready in case the writers decided to po all the Banette fans out there.

It doesn't matter. Every main character (except Max, obviously) has caught at least one new Pokémon this saga except Ash and Jessie. Brock caught Bonsly, May Eevee and Squirtle, James Manene (albeit he lost Chimecho in its place)

And just because it's Kanto means nothing. New Pokémon have appeared there in this saga, it's not all stuff Ash has already caught.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Does Ash really need a new Pokemon? He's using his best team ever as well as his strongest Pokemon on Oaks, what does he need a new capture at the moment for?

As for Jessie, I guess that's because she already has 3 Pokemon, (Seviper, Dustox, Wobbufett) and that's about the limit for TR Pokemon.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
CyberCubed said:
Does Ash really need a new Pokemon? He's using his best team ever as well as his strongest Pokemon on Oaks, what does he need a new capture at the moment for?

As for Jessie, I guess that's because she already has 3 Pokemon, (Seviper, Dustox, Wobbufett) and that's about the limit for TR Pokemon.

They could have given him a D/P Pokémon---he's the only one without one now out of the big three.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Come on people, take discussion of Ash's battles or Pokemon to another thread. XDDD Sorry for butting in on an interesting discussion, but I had to step in otherwise someone else would have.

So, uh.

That May eh? Battling against Jessie. Yup.

Thriller

Its almost time
Hold on... the GF is gonna be at Indigo? :D X 1,000.

Remember what Harrison said at the end of the Silver Conference? Its all possible he will make an appearance, obviosly not as a coordinator but as a Kanto League battler, you know, Ash bumping into him.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Kojiro said:
What exactly did Harrison say?

That he was going to compete in Kanto after Johto ended. Of course Harrison was in Kanto while Ash was in Hoenn, so Harrison may have been done here and is somewhere else now.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
You know who would be cool to appear if Ash did enter...Casey. I mean, they made here seem like a big rival, and then she didn't appear in the Johto League.

Or Ritchie, he needs to meet up with Ash again. And have a Sceptile. And have the two Sceptile's fight it out.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
All right, this ep was a bit late in coming, and many sites probably won't have pics up until late tonight or tomorrow, so here are some quick notes I'm jotting down as I watch:

- While I'm waiting for this thing, I'm currently listening to the ballad version of Battle Frontier. It's a really nice song, especially in its full version. If you ask me, it would have been a better ending theme than Haruka's Theme.

- Damn, Drew's Roselia is almost as tall as he is, now. He's the only one who has any clue as to the arena's suspicions, it seems.

- Jessie takes the stage with Banette as James and Meowth lead Ash and co into a red room, which is really a trap.

- Banette zaps a Noctowl. When did we last wee one of those? I mean a normal, non-shiny one?

- Drew's Flygon saves Ash and co with Sandstorm.

- And Squirtle destroys some random trainer's Skarmory. Can't wait to see the reactions to this one.

- More random TR pitfall and cage fun. This time they've got Drew as well.

- OMIGOD! IT'S FORETRESS! AND IT'S ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING! *world implodes*

- LOL, Harley's strutting his ass as he storms off.

- Squirtle vs. Banette - Moment of reckoning. Oh, did I ever mention that Mr. Sukizo is one of my favorite recurring characters? He just is.

- Okay, someone HAS to make an animation of Banette repeatedly ramming its crotch against Squirtle's face.

- What is this attack, anyways? Torment?

- It ended in a tie? SUDDEN DEATH, BABY!

- Ha, this battle is finally getting good! Banette can't attack anymore for some reason, though.

- May wins in Sudden Death.

- No worries, people. This was far better than Squirtle vs. Ariados.

- Harley cries over Banette's Pokeball. He swears his revenge in the Grand Festival.

- And here's where the Contestshippers go nuts again...

No, there was no Harley vs. Drew battle as some of you were anticipating. Good contest, though.

Last edited:

MoonDoggie

Cascade Trainer
Thank you so much, S.Suikun! I was getting worried because there wasn't any episode information, especially because there was a lot of info for the last one. Thanks again^^

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
May watches Drew walk away... yet again... XD

Squirtle beating Banette wasn't too bad actually. Sure, it would rather have say, Combusken beat it but meh. Although it would be better if little Squirtle was a Wartortle by now. >>

The episode was nothing special. It felt like the half of an episode after the commercial break rather then a complete episode.

At least we got to see what happens in case of a tie!

The judges watching Squirtle bouncing side to side was hilarious to me. No idea why.

The Kanto Grand Festival is at Indigo Plateau?! ZOMGWTFBBQHIV! That's so awesome!

When Ash, Max, and Brock all yelled "Shuu" I cracked up. It is too hard to take Drew seriously in the original with that name. XD

Twerps, why did you let James and Meowth lead you into a dark room?

Harley's "angry walk" is amazing.

TR used a metal "protector" over the pitfall instead of rope! When was the last time that happened?

Not much to say really. Boring old episode, which is sad for a contest.

Alopec

Still Dreaming...
You know, I'm a huge Roselia fan... but I miss when it used to be little. T_T It's just not as cute when it's more than half the size of Drew.

Well, aside from that, I loved the episode. It was actually unpredictable, which was nice. I also liked the whole sudden death thing; I've been waiting for that to happen one day.

Too bad there was no Drew/Harley fight... in fact, I don't remember Harley doing all that much in this episode at all. X_x; Well, he seems to have something cooked up for the GF, so I'm sure that'll be good. His walk cracked me up, though. XD That's a new one.

Not sure what else to say. I'm very tired, so I'll watch it again tommorow and get a better opinion.

S.Suikun said:
- And here's where the Contestshippers go nuts again...
*innocent look* :D