• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Going For Choke! (451)

NoDot

Gone
Swifty said:
This episode felt like 24.

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Swifti/pokemon_24.jpg[/img139]
LOL! OK, did you make that!? That's pretty good. I'm feeling like this deserves a caption (in the proper thread...).

B

BrokenDreams

WHAT! GF in Indigo Platue, so original -_-

Plus the battle suck, bad animation and uber squirtle.

Geodude

Ash's reaction to the news of the GF's location was interesting. I wonder if that's foreshadowing something...

Nice to finally see Frustration in the anime. Now to see what Return would look like. Never did like the English name of that attack, it's far too vague. Frustration is more descriptive.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
BrokenDreams said:
Plus the battle suck, bad animation and uber squirtle.

Sigh.

You know, it's starting to get annoying that people bash Squirtle EVERY SINGLE TIME it battles. (Can't believe I'm defending it in the first place)

Honestly.

What the HELL was uber about Squirtle in this episode? It didn't do a single thing that was uncalled for or magical that made it win. It took a good deal of damage from Banette, and they even had to go into sudden death because they had the same number of points.

Granted, Banette is one of Harley's Pokemon and very experienced, but the way the battle played out was fine for both sides.

erizibang

hahaha yey i can't believe how strong is may's squirtle... haha i love zenigame!! *-*

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
aw, why must you be such a kill-joy, Cyber? T_T Even if they are bashing, it's music to my ears (seriously though, I'm aware such behavior's intolerable and needs to be stopped.... unfortunately).

Gravy said:
There were one or few little touches that weren't exactly ideal, such as Bubble plowing through a Thunder. But we've seen weedy attacks plow through full-force moves on numerous occassions already. Grovyle, Corphish and even Charizard have done the same thing.

I don't know... considering how many times the anime has made it a point that water conducts electricity (if any brainiac wants to state that it's actually the minerals in water that are conducted, then let me say that either A. this is anime physics we're talking about, and with the way it's constantly brought up, this is how the anime's physics work, or B. water Pokemon clearly have minerals in their water attacks), you'd expect it to be pretty much be a given that an electric attack would go straight through a water projectile to directly strike the user, not be countered by said water attack, or worse, be overcome by it. At least with Eneko's Blizzard against a Hellger's Flamethrower, the two evened out (and logically, that could make sense... fire melts ice, the ice then becomes water, water puts out fire).

The highlight of this episode, imo, was Banette going totally nutso on Squirtle with it's FRUSTRATION (bolded for silly members who ask repetative questions) attack. Both satisfying and amusing. I can only imagine how pleased our friend Yamato-san was after witnessing Squirtle taking a series of kicks, smacks and headbutts to the cranium.
And this? Priceless.

Damn straight. ^^ And dude, I totally forgot to mention Kojirou acting like Harley. XD

Last edited:

TeddiUrsa

I don´t know...I´ve waited so long to get this episode..but in the end..I didn´t actually like it...

What´s the big deal of keeping Ash-tachi way fomr the contest? It´s not like May was nervous that her friends wasn´t with her during the battle phase this time...a bit lame...Foretress was a plus, tough

The battle was anit-climatic at best...it would have been better if both of them would have got a ribbon...
Why acted Banette so fuzzy in the sudden death mode? A few attacks and it (nya, the points) was down...even the music were boring

I was never a squritle basher and I the bashing/whining after the first BF contest episodes was getting on my nerves, but this time, squirtle really got on MY nerves....

It was always emphazied in the anime that water conducts electricity and yet that bubble attack could beat a thunder? At least it wasn´t water gun...

And, I know this is the anime, but I still wonder why nobody has said this yet:
why could squirtle tackle banette? Skitty wasn´t able to tackle Duscopls...

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I was gonna say that too, but I think I recall Eneko was able to hit Samayouru with a physical attack at least once (contradicting what Masato told Satoshi the previous episode about using normal attacks). Come to think of it, maybe I should have brought it up afterall. Though ghosts rarely appear, AG seems to have done a good job in bringing up the fact that normal attacks are ineffective against them (Kimimaro's Samayouru, Kikuko's Gengar), and yet, all the sudden, that little bas****'s able to constantly pummel Jupetta with Tackle and Rapid Spin.

Fizban

Propaniacs
CyberCubed beat me to it. Alas.

It seems like ghost pokemon need some reaction time to phase through attacks. Agatha's Gengar was able to avoid Pikachu's Quick Attack, but was unable to dodge Iron Tail moments later because of the pace of the battle. Jessie was keeping Banette in a very aggressive state, and the creative use of Rapid Spin left it unprepared for a tackle.

Geodude

It also depends on the ghost. From what we've seen in the anime, it seems that the Gastly line is almost always in at least a somewhat gaseous form, making it easier for them to phase through Normal attacks. Some other ghosts may have to make a conscious effort to go intangible, so Normal attacks could work against them given the right circumstances.

Just an educated theory.

Thriller

Its almost time
Comments for this episode.

Wow, great seeing a normal coloured Noctowl. Thats rare.

Whats even more rare is Brock using Foretress, see you in another 20 episodes :D

I wish they'd stop using different animators with Harley. Sometimes he looks like a woman, sometimes he looks like an evil man which is what he is.

So tell me, what was Harley up to by setting Ash and Brock and Max up by trapping them in the Baloon? How would that prevent May from winning?

What was the attack Bannete was using on Squirtle? Yanno, when it was just bashing it aimlessly?

Woah, wierd win. First time their was a tie. But May pulled it off.

What? No Harley roaring in anger about Mays win?

Nice Episode, no Tanne though T_T, always the GF though.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Numerous Thunderbolts? Bubble overpowered Thunderbolt?
As stated before there have been numerous of other times that characters pokemon pull threw. Grovyle and Charizard have even done it a couple times. Remember in the pacifidlog contest when Skitty overpowered Houndooms flamethrower with blizzard. I didnt hear many complaints about that. This episode was kinda fun.

Thriller

Its almost time
Geodude said:
If you'd bothered to read the quote just a few posts above yours, you would have seen that it was Frustration.

I try not to read the whole thread before watching the episode. I don't want everything spoiled.

Medea

Excalibur
Well, I saw this episode a couple of hours ago and for the most part, it was pretty cool. There was Harley and there was Drew, so I'm pretty easy to satisfy here. Now onto the big battle, as much as I despise that Squirtle of May's to the pit of my core, it put up one good fight (what the hell did I just say). But, I was just happy to see Banette again. I just wish it didn't have to lose.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I agree with Geodude, it seems Bannete is more solid then other ghosts, thus normal attacks should hit it. However, I'm sure it can go intangable if it chooses.

I'm sure people will like my new sig, thanks to V-Faction.

K

---Kyogre007---

At first, i liked the idea of "Pokemon Contest". But when Skitty appeared with its magic wins AND THEN SQUIRTLE APPEARED WITH MUCH MORE MAGIC WINS... Now i`m thinking pokemon contests are pathetic and watching them is just a waste of time. Plus, this episode represented Banette as a really weak, you know, "usual enemy" pokemon with no special abilities being a ghost. Thats my thoughts. I m absolutely frustrated.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ok, so now Contests are a waste of time because Skitty had ONE annoying win, (against Dusclops) and Squirtle had ONE annoying win, (against Ariados)

Honestly, you're completely ignoring the fact that the Contests are shoujo oriented and it's about the interactions between the humans more than the Pokemon battling.

K

---Kyogre007---

And the win against Banette is not annoyng, isn't it?