• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Going for Gold (825)

p96822

Evolve me please
Can't exactly blame it, Rock/Water isn't exactly something good for a fire type to face off with.

Random Starmie with Thunderbolt=awesome.

It was awesome to see Thunderbolting Starmie agian. It was awesome to see good moves on good Pokemon

Everlasting

Everything stays.
OMG THE PIPLUP
I WANNA HUG THEM

The episode wasn't as bad as I thought it would. Short and sweet, I would say. Serena attempting to catch Corsola was cute, and that can mean she will probably try again in a near future. Exactly what I was hoping for. :) The Clauncher was adorable and funny, too. Loved it.

NPT

Just a member
Huh? Ash remembered Stunfisk and Piplup, but used Pokédex on a Magikarp? The writers needs to stop making him scan the Pokémon he already saw many times. Good to see Serena trying to catch a Pokémon for once. Too bad her Fennekin ran away from the battle. Ash teaching Serena about using her fishing line was nice.

If Ash were to tell Serena that he still keeps that trinket from the time he traveled with his good (lady) friend Misty, she would supposedly "spill spaghetti"/freak out of pure jealousy..

Very unfunny.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I almost had a heart attack when I saw those two Piplup walk on-screen. Damn, the writers really emotionally scared us with Dawn's Piplup for life.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So no Misty lure, but we got Piplup instead -.- wow just wow lol

Maybe the reason why we didn't use it is because he got that Lure from Louden along with the Rod's.

Well we might see Misty's Lure in a future episode since it seemed Louden let the group keep those Fishing Rod's he gave for trying to help him catch that Golden Magikarp.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Is anyone surprised Serena didn't ask about Dawn? Ash actually said he traveled with a Piplup before, but since he didn't say he owned it I'm surprised Serena didn't ask about it.

Much in the same way back in DP where the lure appeared and Dawn asked about Misty....it would have been interesting if here Serena asked about Dawn. Dawn is more familiar to current kids watching the show and now that she's two gens old Dawn is nostalgic to the younger fanbase much like Misty/May are to us.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
This was a filler of a filler. Literally one of the biggest fillers ever. AND I LOVED IT! This episode was almost everything I thought it would be. There sure were lots of Water Pokemon and I was certainly not expecting to see the Piplup species here. I thought for sure Piplup would be saved for a DP remake 20 years from now. But seeing Bonnie interact with one was so cute. I never had a problem with Piplup unlike half this forum.

The episode itself was enjoyable. Almost everything was great. The old fisherman and his Clauncher were entertaining characters. Old men in Pokemon are generally entertaining for me. Clemont delivers like he always does and he made not one but two devices. I loved how that Sharpedo swarm destroyed his first one and for good measure the remote blows up in Clemont's face. Bonnie once again demonstrates why she's such a good fit to the episode. Her small subplot with trying to bond with Clauncher was cute. She was determined to win the king of crab...lobster Pokemon over. That is Bonnie's quest. To befriend and play with every Pokemon she sees, and she was great for me in this episode.

While Bonnie was great today, she was not the show stealer. I cannot believe I'm saying this but after 21 or 22 long episodes Serena takes home the show stealer trophy. The writers finally made good use of Serena. She didn't even do that much, but you don't always have to for this anime to stick out, at least for me. Serena being nervous on how to fish, having to be taught how to fish by Ash and Clemont, and finally trying to catch a Pokemon made this episode. Nothing compares to it IMO. I don't even care that she failed to catch her Pokemon, or that it was Corsola of all things. Serena finally looked like a real Pokemon trainer. A rookie one, and that was today's show stealer. Divakin was used perfectly. I'm glad it didn't fight. Probably didn't want to get dirty and hides behind her trainer so she takes the hit. That was good! I want to see more of this relationship. I just hope they don't become Ash and Pikachu 3.0, it's what killed Dawn and Piplup.

The music was also great. They played the Gym Leader music when Serena's attempting to have Divakin catch Corsola and the Kalos Legendary theme for when they saw the gold Magikarp that only got a 3 second cameo in the episode. This was a good episode. Everyone was used well here, even Team Rocket as the plot device for Bonnie and Dedenne to make friends with Clauncher. Good solid filler episode. I enjoyed it. Probably one of my favorite Kalos episodes. Keep doing episodes like this. And what is up with these random Thunderbolting Starmies?

And no Cyber, I am not surprised that Serena didn't ask about Dawn. Nor do I care. She has zero importance here.

p96822

Evolve me please
See Bonnie say happy happy is so cute and I love when the old man danced. It was funny and made me like him :D. Anyway this episode fun for me and I just enjoyed myself as a good Pokemon filler.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm glad that Ash teach Serena about fishing which is very kind of him. Its official, Bonnie has become a new Brock as she propose a marriage on her brother's behalf but Clemont drags her away. Its funny that Bonnie takes over Brock's running gag.

Navin

MALDREAD
This episode was a filler of all fillers. It put me to sleep and I ended having to just fast-forward through portions of it.

The writers missed a great chance for continuity and mentioning old heroines by not letting Ash pull out Misty's special lure and talking about Misty or mentioning Dawn in the Piplup scene. Of course, Serena would have probably spilled enough spaghetti to eliminate famine in Sub-Saharan Africa if that happened.

Did Serena really need to depend on her Satoshi-kun (and Clemont) again in learning how to fish? And it looked like they were the ones who told her to battle Corsola and capture it, not Serena herself. And did the development from last episode like not carry over, but once again I see Fennekin not wanting to get dirty, and so prevents Serena from still not having her first battle.

Did Ash seriously dex Magikarp? Are you kidding me, that's just as bad as him dexing Koffing in BW...

TR was useless like always, but at least they went old-school with the Magikarp submarine.

The siblings were great in this episode. Clemont with his persistence of two inventions and Bonnie/Dedenne trying to bond with Clauncher. Liked Clauncher and all the Water Pokemon they displayed in this one (yeah Thunderbolt Starmie).

Overall, a very forgettable episode.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Well we might see Misty's Lure in a future episode since it seemed Louden let the group keep those Fishing Rod's he gave for trying to help him catch that Golden Magikarp.

wait so those rods were given by louden to ash & co as a gift - seems like we will be expecting more fishing episodes to come aside from xy024 and maybe serena can catch a water type too in the future

Fullgrizzly94

Jhoto Trainer
Did anyone notice that after the second time Clemont said his catchphrase Bonnie said something like "Round two!"?

I saw this episode as really hilarious with a double Clemont running gag plus Bonnie's running gag. And Clauncher was awesome. Loved the crabhammer animation.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
This is the second time that Ash dex Magikarp so people stop fliping table about it because it not like Magikarp was Dexed every year or something like that.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The Misty lure didn't appear nor did we get any Misty references just as I expected. It also looks like I was right that this was going to be a filler and that no one was going to catch anything and that Team Rocket had something to do with the shiny Magikarp. Oh well, at least Serena battled for once and attempted to catch her first Pokemon. I didn't expect Piplup to appear here and for Dawn's Piplup to get referenced indirectly. I guess that'll probably be the closest we'll be getting to a reference or cameo of Dawn and Misty in xy lol.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Personally, I'm a little torn about the scene with the waddle of Piplups in this episode. While they were cute and it great that Ash was able to reference Dawn and her Piplup, it usually bothers me whenever a pokémon makes a cameo in the anime when it's not in the regional dex of their game counterpart. For example, one of my pet peeves with the DP seasons was how there were tons of pokémon appearing in wild or owned by local townspeople that weren't included in the either the DP or Platinum versions of the Sinnoh pokédex, which made it felt like the writers could care less about consistency, logic, or continuity and just threw in any random pokémon at the top of the hat. I kind of had the same problem with that Stoutland appearing in episode 1 and how Nikola's opponent in the Battle Chateau episode used a Dusknoir

Personally, I'm a little torn about the scene with the waddle of Piplups in this episode. While they were cute and it great that Ash was able to reference Dawn and her Piplup, it usually bothers me whenever a pokémon makes a cameo in the anime when it's not in the regional dex of their game counterpart. For example, one of my pet peeves with the DP seasons was how there were tons of pokémon appearing in wild or owned by local townspeople that weren't included in the either the DP or Platinum versions of the Sinnoh pokédex, which made it felt like the writers could care less about consistency, logic, or continuity and just threw in any random pokémon at the top of the hat. I kind of had the same problem with that Stoutland appearing in episode 1 and how Nikola's opponent in the Battle Chateau episode used a Dusknoir

Why should they follow everything the game does, it's called having creative freedom. If everything was by the book, it be boring. If you're upset and claiming the writers don't care, then you are letting little things un a anime bother you.