• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Going for Gold (825)

It's not creepy to me, but I do find it stupid. Why not just "you like her don't you?" or something else.

That would work for me-- I gotta agree with Lorde in that I do find it creepy myself, though. I know plenty of little sisters that embarrass their older brothers in real life like Soniman said, sure, but none that I've ever met ask older women if they want to be their brothers' wife lol.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Trust me lil sisters find a way to embarrass the hell out of you. This "keep gag" reminds me of an scenario where i was with one of my friends playing smash meelee. Her much older sister drove him for the afternoon and even played a couple of matches with me him an my sis...Then the awkard came by... I was paying the pizzaguy(yes we ordered some previously) while I overheard my sis asking my brother sister why she wasnt my girlfriend...exposing that i broke up with the previous one, and thus i needed a new one....Just picture my face at that moment.

Trust me lil sisters even if they try to do something nice for their bros...will always...AND I MEAN ALWAYS find a way to embarass you.

Short story I find the keep gag innocent funny and rather cute due to several previous experiences. And dont worry even tough my sis is at college now she still finds ways of embarrassing my *** off from time to time, social networks made that so much easier.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
All this "it's creepy" crap is just like the people complaining about Meyer hooking Clemont up with Serena in Ep 9. Absolutely nothing creepy about a little sister doing this kind of thing. And just like the situation in ep 9 I am speaking from experience. Still really embarrassing irl though.

I disagree. It's really creepy that Bonnie tried to set up her brother with an adult female in this episode. Clemont's pretty young so I don't get why Bonnie wants him to get married. :x

I disagree. It's really creepy that Bonnie tries to set up her brother with adult females sometimes. Clemont's pretty young so I don't get why Bonnie wants him to get married. :x

Yeah, I agree with you completely here...me either. I mean, I know little sisters embarrass their older brothers in real life, of course (similarly, little brothers embarrass their older sisters in real life), but never seen a little girl try to find a wife for her slightly older brother...xD.

Trust me lil sisters even if they try to do something nice for their bros...will always...AND I MEAN ALWAYS find a way to embarass you.
Never seen them pull what Bonnie does before, though-- I'll take your word for it, I guess. xD.

p96822

Evolve me please
At least there is a good reason for her getting pulled away then Brock getting pulled by the ear. I think it feel more personal to the charater then a gag that they do multiple times in the episode

At least there is a good reason for her getting pulled away then Brock getting pulled by the ear. I think it feel more personal to the charater then a gag that they do multiple times in the episode

I can agree with that much-- at least the intention is good, even if it is creepy for her to be doing that.

Brock being pulled by the ear was still funny, though, IMO-- Brock's pervert behavior there was more age-appropriate since he is a teenage guy, but the intention was always bad, so it was funny to see Misty and Max pull his ear to me: Brock getting poison jabbed by Croagunk, however, was not funny at all, IMO.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
Will I don't think it funny because what is the reason why Brock is getting pulled away for. I want a reason before the joke

Will I don't think it funny because what is the reason why Brock is getting pulled away for. I want a reason before the joke

More or less because he was being perverted and shouldn't have been trying to romanticize with every pretty lady he sees, really.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
I disagree. It's really creepy that Bonnie tried to set up her brother with an adult female in this episode. Clemont's pretty young so I don't get why Bonnie wants him to get married. :x

she's young and doesn't know any better??

That, I can say, does make sense to me, though-- still, kinda cute and creepy at the same time, IMO.

Obscurites

The aquarium receptionist's reaction upon Eureka's wife gag is not different from Viola, Jessica, and Lenna. For me, this gag should have a new twist.

I noticed that fishing rods have conviniently color-coded handle: Blue for Satoshi, pink for Serena, light blue for Citron. Louden's is green.

Fokko's neat freak attitude costed Serena a chance to catch a Sunnygo. :(

I like how tsundere Udeppou suddenly became badass when Dedenne was in danger.

Red Jr.

Banned
I'm really surprised people enjoyed this episode when it literally was the filler of all fillers and was completely boring IMO.

Well some of us can actually understand the dialogue, that helps just a bit.

How dare Ash and Clemont teach Serena how to fish? The blasphemy!
She had friends who knew how to fish, she had never fished before, but she should have totally ignored that and tried to be independent. God, how silly Serena was.

Lmfao, +1

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
-starmie knows thunderbolt? can it learn this in the games?

Yes, it can learn Thunderbolt.

Plus its one of the standard moves for Starmie in the Competitive Game-play and has been like that since the '1st Gen' till now (except '2nd Gen' because there was no Thunderbolt 'TM' during that Gen).

Also the thing that people forget is that there is a cultural factor playing here.

I mean it may seem odd that a little girl like Bonnie is looking for a girlfriend/wife for her brother Clemont to the viewers in the West.

But maybe it isn't that problematic in Japan (the source culture of the anime) and viewers in Japan would actually find Bonnie's attempt as being cute and likeable.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Yes, it can learn Thunderbolt.

Also the thing that people forget is that there is a cultural factor playing here.

I mean it may seem odd that a little girl like Bonnie is looking for a girlfriend/wife for her brother Clemont to the viewers in the West.

But maybe it isn't that problematic in Japan (the source culture of the anime) and viewers in Japan would actually find Bonnie's attempt as being cute and likeable.

I agree! I also wonder if maybe there is some sort of French related type of culture they are attempting to exaggerate? Anyway, I find it funny/awkward and don't mind this gag. It is far less annoying then when Brock used to crush on a girl every episode.

Also, in regards to the Serena hate, I actually enjoyed the scenario on her part, minus Fennekin. Everything about pokemon is new to Serena, and I think people need to realize that she barely has any experience with wild pokemon, which is why I think it made sense for Ash and Clemont to tell her to battle that Corsola. I wish Fennekin fought, but it looks like there will be development in store; hopefully when she has that love rival episode Fennekin does something.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You know what, last episode I was okay with Fenniken being all diva mode as at least it didn't get in the way of her battling. In this episode she just pissed me off. Really?? Your afraid of getting wet -_-....

And people wonder why I say she won't evolve. She kind of needs to battle to be able to evolve.

Supersonicbro

finally got around to watching the episode and I liked it. I liked the aquarium scene, it was good seeing all those random water pokemon and ash mentioning dawns piplup.

and my other favorite part was when the old man was kicking team rockets butt on his own and ash and co looked in shock and awe and ash was still surprised when he called out thunderbolt because he stuttered a bit, I thought that was a nice touch.

But this episode made me like clauncher again, I'm gonna go catch one.

You know what, last episode I was okay with Fenniken being all diva mode as at least it didn't get in the way of her battling. In this episode she just pissed me off. Really?? Your afraid of getting wet -_-....

And people wonder why I say she won't evolve. She kind of needs to battle to be able to evolve.

I feel like they're pushing the fact that she hates getting dirty/difficult battles because they're building up to a point where fennekin gets past that.
It happened twice because it was an absolute need (both times where serena was in danger) but it will need to actually want to battle on it's own and seeing how this series is becoming with development, I think things will soon change for fennekin.

Last edited:

Blessed

So no Misty lure, but we got Piplup instead -.- wow just wow lol

It's getting ridic @ this point tbh. Either way it's too early to tell if it'll appear or not.

Maybe the reason why we didn't use it is because he got that Lure from Louden along with the Rod's.

Well we might see Misty's Lure in a future episode since it seemed Louden let the group keep those Fishing Rod's he gave for trying to help him catch that Golden Magikarp.

Well, that's upsetting. Good to know the hope for the lure appearing still remains though.