• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Going for Gold (825)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Koujin Town looked just like it did in the games, and I chuckled when Eureka got scared by the Glanth at the aquarium, also the Pochama callback was nice, too. Louden's Udeppou saving Dedenne from the Rocket-dan was a great moment, and it's too bad that the Shiny Koiking evaded capture by Louden in the end.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Man, there definitely seemed to a lot of "catch flags" for Clauncher: bonding with one of the main character's Pokemon, a "tragic" back-story, saving the day, and belonging to an old dude whose life goal was completed by the end of the episode thus he wouldn't need it anymore.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Man, there definitely seemed to a lot of "catch flags" for Clauncher: bonding with one of the main character's Pokemon, a "tragic" back-story, saving the day, and belonging to an old dude whose life goal was completed by the end of the episode thus he wouldn't need it anymore.

I didn't see much evidence for a capture here tbh, much less involving Clauncher since only Bonnie bonded with him, and she didn't deserve him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I didn't see why the Shiny Koiking was even made into a plot device if all it was going to do was avoid capture. It shouldn't have even appeared if all it got was a cameo.

This episode was boring for the most part because of fishing. Clauncher was probably my favorite part of this episode though, he seemed like a cooler version of Corphish and I liked it when he launched Dedenne into the air. I'm kind of surprised that they gave an episode for the Ambrette Aquarium since that pretty much has no importance in the games. My only problem with this episode other than its blandness was the lack of purpose.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I'm kind of surprised that they gave an episode for the Ambrette Aquarium since that pretty much has no importance in the games.

To be fair, the actual aquarium was barely featured here. So much like in the Kalos games, the location played a negligible role.

Scorbunnie

The Ambrette Aquarium looked super beautiful and I thought that Clauncher having a bad attitude was a way for it to hide its true feelings.

In some ways it would've made the perfect Pokemon for the cast but I thought that the golden Magikarp could've been a good teammate too.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A meh episode. I did like the reference to Dawn's Piplup, but Fennekin refusing to battle Corsola was annoying, even if the latter had the type advantage. I kind of liked TRio's Golden Magikarp mecha, though.
5/10