• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Going, Going, Yawn! (332)

Porygandrew

Since the Episode guide doesn't list these, here's the Trainer's Choice

Trainer's Choice:

Which is the best to battle against Forretress? Swellow, Minun, or Seviper?

Kid's WB Answer: [spoil]Seviper[/spoil]
[spoil]Minun would have been the better choice. The Steel type negates flying and poison altogether.[/spoil]

Also, Torkoal's voice is fine for never hearing the original version.

The animation with the Ursaring is great!

This was a good episode overall. It introduced new attacks and actually explained how attacks worked. Though I didn't like KWB's mis-translating Treecko getting burned.
The music for this episode was meh. Never seeing the dub, I can only guess it was better.

Last edited:

GardevoirMaster

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Well I think this episode was really good. Although Flannery lost, it was still good. The Ursaring in the hot spring with Team Rocket was weird since there arent Ursaring in Hoenn. I liked seeing Overheat, Iron Defense, and Sludge Bomb in the Anime. The Trainers Choice was weird since Seviper isnt good against Foretress. Swellow would have had the Advantage since Its flying type and Bug is weak against Flying.

Porygandrew

GardevoirMaster said:
Bug is weak against Flying.

That is true, except for forretress's steel type negates almost every physical attack except for Fighting and ground. Steel is also immune to poison which makes it extremely weird that seviper was chosen.

EDIT
On second thought, maybe KWB isn't going off of types, but by attacks? Perhaps out of all of those three choices, seviper knows the best attacks for defeating Forretress? If so, that means that KWB is doing their homework 0.0!

V Faction

www.faction.com
Porygandrew said:
Though I didn't like KWB's mis-translating Treecko getting burned.

Yeah, they never specifically say it was burned. But who knows, it could be another case of them translating the dialogue right but instead the actual Japanese episode doesn't mention it, like Shedinja and Wonder Guard. That's a stretch though.

The music for this episode was meh. Never seeing the dub, I can only guess it was better.

Really? The music I heard sounded like it could belong in the original episode, during the middle of the battle at least.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Porygandrew said:
On second thought, maybe KWB isn't going off of types, but by attacks? Perhaps out of all of those three choices, seviper knows the best attacks for defeating Forretress? If so, that means that KWB is doing their homework 0.0!

Methinks it's more of a case of them using episode fights to dictate the TC's. In one episode, Seviper actually damages Forretress with Poison Tail, so they could be basing it off of that. It's still silly though.

O_O; Did Flannery call Slugma Mag at one point!? Maybe I heard Her wrong.

Porygandrew

V Faction said:
Yeah, they never specifically say it was burned. ..... but instead the actual Japanese episode doesn't mention it
Okay, so it's implied then. fair enough.
Really? The music I heard sounded like it could belong in the original episode, during the middle of the battle at least.
Like I said, I haven't seen the original version, so I can't really give too much of an opinion on the music. There wasn't really a chance to use the 'opening'-bgm or whatever it was called, right? Or I just missed that part >.<

darkgamerGS said:
O_O; Did Flannery call Slugma Mag at one point!? Maybe I heard Her wrong.
Eh, at first I thought they were named the same thing when she called out slugma. 'Mag' and 'Meg' are so close together that they sound extremely similar

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well, a lot of the battle music was the same, but most wasn't. Particularly the part when Ash has to send Corphish out while it's alseep. The music playing in the original is much more suspenseful , remember the stuff they first used in "The Ancient Puzzle of Pokémopolis"? In the dub the background music just keeps on going. Blech. At least the music wasn't as mangled as the last episode.

EDIT: If by the opening bgm you mean the new version of the one they always used for recaps of the previous episode, then yes, they did use it. They also used it during the battle with Team Rocket in the last episode. It's a shame they haven't used it in the dub yet, they did a good job redoing it.

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Porygandrew said:
There wasn't really a chance to use the 'opening'-bgm or whatever it was called, right? Or I just missed that part >.<

I'm not really sure myself. I'll leave all that music stuff to Heracross.

One thing that irked me...

Ash: So, a Macargo, huh?

...makes it sound like he had no clue Flannery would choose Mag, even though he witnessed its evolution just last episode!

L

L100Meganium

I'm confused, the names sound the same for Flannery's Slugma and Magcargo. @_@

And the TC thing was wrong....Seviper wouldn't be able to attack with poison moves on a part-Steel type. =/

But the Gym battle was awesome! :D I liked Overheat, that was really neat. =D

L

Lindsay

Oooh another gym battle that didn't disappoint to much. Flannery may be a newbie but she didn't do too bad. Dumb strategy on her part though to start with Magcargo instead of Slugma.

Poor Treecko got totally owned and rightfully so. Is Ash ever going to use Taillow in a gym battle again? *grumble* Pikachu was buuuurned as well though it did okay in knocking out Slugma.

Cool how accurately Reflect and Overheat were represented. And Corphish should finally get some props! Weakling? Ha!

But still it somehow felt lacking in the end. Not the best gym battle ever. Probably woulda been better if Ash faced Moore instead.

3 / 5

Team Idiot in a hotspring.....why?

R

Robert

This was one of the better Gym Battles, a million times better than the last one. >.< Why the heck Ash picked Treeko over Tailow is something I'll never figure out, but the rest of the battle was good. Seeing Team Rocket getting blasted out of the Hot Spring was great. A good episode overall.

L

Lindsay

Eh so anyone care to explain the Flannery obsession to me? Roxanne and to a lesser extent Brawly were a hell of alot better then her. Not to mention Roxanne was 10x hotter. ~_^

I gotta admit, Ash's strategy was good, but why he chose Treecko just cause of its speed we'll never find out. Were the TR scenes really necessary?

B

Bad_Blaziken

I saw that episode today. I liked it, but I didn't like how Ash used Pikachu and Pikachu lost.... I mean Ash has had pikachu for so long don't you think pikachu would be almost unstoppable by now.....

V Faction

www.faction.com
Lindsay said:
Eh so anyone care to explain the Flannery obsession to me? Roxanne and to a lesser extent Brawly were a hell of alot better then her. Not to mention Roxanne was 10x hotter. ~_^

*Shrugs* Don't know. Maybe it's the outfit. Maybe it's *cough* other features. What's intriguing to me though is that you're a Female and you find Roxanna hot. Nice.

T

Togepi Trainer

PEOPLE, Seviper, it can learn Flamethrower, and fire > steel AND bug, so meh!

I liked this episode, 8/10

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
I think the battle was awesome and everything, but was Ash a little TOO pushy? I mean, he sounded pretty mean when he returned Corphish then later (when it's his last Pokemon) he calls it "buddy?" Seemed to me like he was sorta using Corphish... :/ And I think he also acted too harsh when he started stomping his feet & saying he wouldn't quit. But, that's just me. Overall the battle was great and strategy (my favorite part of a battle) was also interesting. Ash & Flannery both had some pretty good strategies. And Corphish rocked! ^_^

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Amethyst said:
PEOPLE, Seviper, it can learn Flamethrower, and fire > steel AND bug, so meh!
Ah, but 4Kids doesn't seem to take into account anything BUT what's been seen in the anime so far. And I haven't seen Seviper use Flamethrower in the anime. But that's beside the point - the trainer's choices are bad, and need a LOT more thought put into them. Or better yet, just scrap them and use a regular eyecatch.