• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Going, Going, Yawn! (332)

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
This ep. Airs tommorrow because of my affiliate and slept in During Poetry Commotion. Now Geodude just curious relating to your question and OT but in Advanced Challenge uhm how old is Winonna supposed to be if you know, can you pm me or so thanks.
This ep. looks cool and Ash obviously wins.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
I almost forgot, never get between an Ursaring and a hot spring, as shown in this episode and "Entei At Your Own Risk" Those Ursaring are getting a bad name...

Kijuna

Is it just me, or was Treecko animated extremely well this episode?

Team Idiot in a hotspring.....why?

Fangirl answer: Shirtless James

Real answer: When they were digging the hole to get Pikachu, the hole hit a water thingy and flooded.

And I think he also acted too harsh when he started stomping his feet & saying he wouldn't quit.

Ash has been harsh in his gym battles lately. Remember Treecko and Brawly thr first time? Alas, puberty rears it's ugly head.

I'm gonna be a rebel here and disagree on Ursaring. They were wonderfull animated. The style easily showed their anger and unreasonability perfectly. How many times is it gonna take until TR becomes Ursaphobic?

D

Destiny Bond

I like today's episode. Finally, the long awaited gym battle. I'm glad Ash finally won his fourth badge and it seems like the Anime will fasten its pace the way its going. Hmm, I noticed quite a few things after this episode was over. Even though this is not the Poetry Commotion episode, I realized that most Slugmas in the Anime end up evolving into Magcargo. I found that interesting. And I thought Iron Defense from Torkoal would have it shine like Iron rather than hiding under its shell (because that would be more like Withdraw). And I also noticed how Ash commanded Corphish to use Crabhammer to clear the Smog attack when I realized that Corphish also learns Swords Dance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't trainers usually command a Swords Dance to knock away attacks? I don't know but I thought it could have been Swords Dance instead. It doesn't matter...

And why Ursaring? I feel bad for Team Rocket now. Not only is Pikachu doing to honors in blasting TR off but also the Ursaring. I am starting to lose my respect for the Ursaring because of their grumpiness.

I liked it and I love Flannery. Her hairstyle is just so unique. Haha.. yeah so I rate this episode a 8 out of 10. Good episode...

Akane

This epsidoe was so great!! Yay. I am so happy Ash won his fourth badge. Ash had great stragey. I was shocked that he brought out Treecko. o_o It got burned by the leg *ouch* but it try to keep fighting(^^). I also enjoyed Corphish's and Pikachu's way of battling. Even though Pikachu lost...aww, man. Corphish came victortous and won that badge for Ash(^^). Man that was a turn around(Corphish was asleep...). I was at the edge of my seat. I liked Flannery's Torkoal. I liked its Iron Defense. I mean when Pikachu and Corphish try to attack from its shell, they bounce off. Treecko bounce off too. But Ash found the way make Corphish attack from the side. So great. I really enjoyed this very much. Flannery will become a great Gym Leader someday. :)

Last edited:

Geodude

Psychic Venusaur said:
The Trainer's choice was messed up. Poison attacks don't do anything to Steel-types. I think Minun would have been the best choice to use. Being Poison-type, Seviper is ruled out. That leaves Minun and Swellow. Forretress's steel attacks are bad against Minun, and its bug attacks are bad against Swellow. Without ackknowledging stats, they would both be equal choices. However, Forretress's base defense more than doubles it's Sp. Def., so Minun would probably be the best choice

Not at all, Seviper is an excellent choice against Forretress, since any good Seviper would know Flamethrower.

Geodude said:
Not at all, Seviper is an excellent choice against Forretress, since any good Seviper would know Flamethrower.

They're either idiots, or they are going much too deep for the majority of novices who watch this show.
Anyway, I have seen the light, I now understand all the Flannery freaks around here, it all makes sense, that girl is smokin hot. This episode would have only got a 8/10 normally, but like its counterpart, it easily moves to 10/10 for having Flannery in it.

Only a 10/10? That's so low. I would give it an infinity/10 and... OMG, you think Flannery's hot? Didn't see that coming from you. XD

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Indigo said:
FAVORITISM SUCKS. You say that you don't know why Ash chose Treecko over Taillow. I'll tell you why. Favoritism. You don't know why Ash compliments one Pokémon and then is frustrated when another one loses? Favoritism. Why would Ash be angry with Corphish to wake up at first, and then use "buddy"? Favoritism! There were blatant acts of it all around this episode!
I think you've misinterpreted a fair number of these. If a Pokemon falls asleep are you going to softly talk to it? No! You're going to yell and beg it to wake up!

As for using Treeko, I think it may not have been a coincidence that Ash lost despite type advantage recently against Drew's Roselia. Ash likes to prove he can win when the type is against him, so he used Treeko. In the future he will continue to do this as he knows it tests his abilities more and helps his Pokemon grow stronger faster.

Ash says it's all up to Pikachu when he still has two other Pokémon.
At the time it seemed Pikachu was his best bet, given it was the only one in a good battle condition at the time. After it lost, Ash adapted. It was hardly wrong of him to tell Pikachu that.

He acts as if he uses Corphish, and is only happy with it when it wins,
Personality-wise, Corphish has been one of the most difficult Pokemon of Ash's for him to deal with. Yet he's been amazingly patient with it on a number of occassions and hasn't given up on it. I don't see the justification for your argument.

and he says that Treecko and him have teamwork on their side. SO DOES TAILLOW AND HIM! Or do they? We'll never know, because Ash can't seem to get over this new "I'll use this one because I've used it more so I KNOW it's stronger!" phase. FAVORITISM SUCKS.
If it makes you feel any better, Taillow will get a LOT of use in the future, to the point of Corphish becoming the one you might call "neglected."

L

Lindsay

Aw I wouldn't be so hard on Ash. He wasn't nearly as short-tempered as other gym battles. If you remember he had Pikachu calm down and "sense" Slugma's movements and that was part of his training back for the Brawly rematch. It was good to see all of that wasn't for one shot so to speak. Of course he wouldn't be happy with Corphish being in a sleep state but he didn't really seem harsh or overbearing to me.

I

Indigo

Pokemon Fan said:
I think you've misinterpreted a fair number of these. If a Pokemon falls asleep are you going to softly talk to it? No! You're going to yell and beg it to wake up!

True, but that wasn't my point. My point was that Ash starts to use "buddy" only at the very end, and something about that just bugged me...

As for using Treeko, I think it may not have been a coincidence that Ash lost despite type advantage recently against Drew's Roselia. Ash likes to prove he can win when the type is against him, so he used Treeko. In the future he will continue to do this as he knows it tests his abilities more and helps his Pokemon grow stronger faster.

Also true, and I agree, but we also know that Taillow needs WAY more training and attention from Ash than Treecko, so that's really why he should have used the poor thing. That's the favoritism part of it.

At the time it seemed Pikachu was his best bet, given it was the only one in a good battle condition at the time. After it lost, Ash adapted. It was hardly wrong of him to tell Pikachu that.

"Best bet" is different than "all up to you". Ash should've known better than to say something like that, something that might have made Treecko or Corphish a bit jealous or unwanted later on.

Personality-wise, Corphish has been one of the most difficult Pokemon of Ash's for him to deal with. Yet he's been amazingly patient with it on a number of occassions and hasn't given up on it. I don't see the justification for your argument.

On the contrary, Ash has been very impatient with Corphish on a number of occasions, the most blatant of these instances being when he tried to scare the living crap out of the thing to make it behave.

If it makes you feel any better, Taillow will get a LOT of use in the future, to the point of Corphish becoming the one you might call "neglected."

I know that already, but as of now, I'm disappointed in Ash's choices. I hope he balances out the team more often, but I doubt that's going to happen. [SPOIL]I already have an idea about how much Torkoal's going to be used, and it doesn't look good...[/SPOIL]

Only a 10/10? That's so low. I would give it an infinity/10 and... OMG, you think Flannery's hot? Didn't see that coming from you. XD

Trust me, I was just as shocked as you. I could not believe it.
I know that already, but as of now, I'm disappointed in Ash's choices. I hope he balances out the team more often, but I doubt that's going to happen. [SPOILERS]I already have an idea about how much Torkoal's going to be used, and it doesn't look good...[/SPOILERS]

No, the lack of using that thing looks very good, the less the better. And actually Tailow persay really will never be used alot, if you know what I mean. :D

~*Aurora Wish*~

I QUIT THIS FORUM!!!
Yay! The latest episode! Flannery's grandpa was funny. And Flannery was the best part!

Yay! Someone else that agrees! You're cool for saying that Flannery's the best part of the episode!

Yay! Someone else that agrees! You're cool for saying that Flannery's the best part of the episode!

Since the battle was not that good, Jessie and James were worse than usual, and I don't think we had a Giovanni dream scene. Than without a doubt she was the best part of this episode.

I

Indigo

Add me to that list. The gym battle itself was pretty cool, but Flannery was cooler; the best Gym Leader ever seen so far, with the exception of Sabrina and possibly Winona.

...and this is coming from a girl who has no interest in other girls...in fact I adore Ash Ketchum more than is healthy. ^^;;

In other words, I'M NOT GAY.

Flannery just has a very good personality, and she really made the episode great.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
This episode airs on Black Friday so I can catch the Repeat Yay

H

Hales

Is there any good none TR quotes around from this episode? I'm deprived of new Pokemon episodes... *sniffles*

XD Of course, all you people that say Flannery's cool is on my list. Wait, which list, my list of people that think She's cool, or my Asuna/Flannery Fan Club list? *Confused*