• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Going through the Pokemon world like Ash

irock245

She wants it
Seeing the new episodes recently, I see that Ash has more than six Pokemon that he commonly rotates, I began to wonder what it would be like utilizing a team like that. So my question to you is:

If you traveled through the Pokemon World, what ten Pokemon would you capture and battle with? This is assuming legendary Pokemon are actually too powerful to capture(aside from Master ball, but still no legendaries) and that competitive battling is too hard to battle by.

My ten are: Lucario, Chandelure, Espeon, Gavantula, Gastrodon, Muk(main team) with Crobat, Shiftry, Druddigon, and Milktank as the four extra Pokemon I commonly rotate.

What about yours?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I started doing that since gen 3, capturing more than 6 pokemon and using some as reserves. I find it more fun and allows for you to use a range of types, its just more time consuming. For example, in Platinum, my team was Minun, Turtwig, Cyndaquil, Swampert, Garchomp, and Toxicroak. But I trained Shieldon, Honchkrow, and some others as reserves. In BW, my main team was Minun, Turtwig, Emboar, Samurott, Braviary, Haxorus, but then also trained Golurk, Scraggy, Stoutland, Watchog, Gigalith and Beartic too as my reserves.

SceptileFan

I AM RACCOON MAN
I started doing that with my Black (I got White, then Black). I think it's more interesting and realistic.

But if I had to choose 10 to go with me anywhere...

Sceptile (well that one should be a bit obvious...)

Braviary (flying and battling)

Blastoise (surfing and battling)

Luxray (battling and charging my phone when it dies.. :D)

Flygon (flying and battling)

Arcanine (land transportation and battling)

Gallade (battling and slicing down obstacles)

Umbreon (battling)

Gigalith (battling)

Castform (companionship, maybe battling, and changing the weather when I don't like it)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Basically I do do have rotating party spots. Usually it's only my starter and a few essential Hidden move users I always keep.

Red might have had the most rigid lineup. I always kept my charizard (starter), beedrill (cutter), pidgeotto (flyer), caterpie (adorable mascot), and clefable (fighter) in my party while the sixth spot would swap between a magnemite (water coverage for the charizard) and dratini (surfer), but I'd usually only bring the dratini out to ride it, then switch back to magnemite.

Sapphire was slightly more flexible. I generally always kept my swampert (starter), sableye (cutter), swablu (flyer) and luvdisc (surfer) in my party, with the fifth and sixth spots rotating between my unevolved token girls (lotad, electrike and numel), my makuhita who started as a rock remover, then was given different moves to be a more effective fighter, and my backup big boys (torkoal, whiscash and relicanth).

Diamond is like Sapphire, having four permanent members. I pretty much always keep my infernape (starter), staraptor (flyer), bibarel (surfer) and kricketune (former cutter) in my party. The fifth and sixth spots rotate between my roserade, pachirisu and lopunny. I often also liked to introduce irregular members for certain gym battles, like a recently-caught medicham against Candice, and a quagsire I'm planning to use in Sunyshore. Type coverage can be useful.

You can probably guess that I often faced league battles with great difficulty.

SimH8

Meganium, Houndoom, Heracross, Sceptile, Manetric, Skarmory, Kindgra, Aggron, Toxicroak and Donphan.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
I've thought about doing that a couple times, but it just seems exhausting to me to train more than 6 Pokémon.

LizardonX

Banned
I use pokemon to patch up weak spots until I get my final team, which I then use for good. Sort of like how Ash never goes without Pikachu/3 starters/Scraggy outside of Roxie's gym battle.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
It's too difficult to train 6 pokes, let alone more that 6. So, no, I just have 6 pokes. I'm not as skilled as you guys. :(