• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Going to Toys "R" Us for Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I bet people said that about you in the past. :)

Probably not since I have Autism and I didn't usually speak in public, I rarely do now aswell. I was always on my best behavior if we ever went to a toy store.

But thanks for trying to prove a point. I'm sure downloading the Arceus event will be quick and easy for those of you who'll attend :p

dj-tiny

i been to two events both in scotland this year was the oldest for the first due to the fact it was 10:00am and the second the guy who was ash was trying to nick all my pokemon i said no he tryed to my japnees pich cloerd pickchu and movie arecus

GengarNightmare

lol. Quoted For Truth.

Teenagers can be tough though. They usually try to make the person suicidal.
In which case my "screw 'em" philosophy holds true. :p Besides, the conversation at worst would go like this:

Mean teenager: LAWL, are you playing POKEYMAN!?!? LAWLLLL!!!
Me: *looks at what he's holding* Right. Since the "cool" people play Guitar Hero.....*rolls eyes*
Mean teenager: I WAS BUYING IT FOR MY LITTLE BROTHER! *cries*

Point being: If they are in Toys R' Us, they don't have room to talk anyway. There's nothing they could possibly buy there that makes them look any better than you.

so... ive never ever done this, how does it work?
wat do i activate?
any tips?
please..
i dont want to look like a nobb at the event...
lol
how do i download the arceus
I've heard that if you are in range of an event, Mystery Gift temporarily activates on its own. Don't take my word for it, tho.

If you want to go ahead and activate it to be safe, here's the page on mystery gift: http://www.serebii.net/platinum/mysterygift.shtml

how does it work?
I checked the Pokemon Platinum site and they've updated the Arceus page (finally!). There's a detailed procedure on how to do it here: http://www.pokemonplatinum.com/#/pokemon/arceus/

Just scroll down and read the whole thing.

any tips?
Well, I would make sure to save right in front of the man in green before you talk to him (as you would if you were about to battle a legendary). This way, you can reset the game until you get a good one. I would go for an Adamant nature. It's totally up to you though. Arceus is very versatile.

mrsora

Magically Delicious!
I've been to Toys R Us for every event so far, in addition to Gamestop for the Deoxys, and I'm 25. Every time I've found people in their late teens up for a quick battle, kids looking for trades, and sometimes even groups down with some egg spinning or Swalot Pop. It's only awkward if you allow it to be.

STICKTOPIA

I started to go to Toys R Us since the Darkrai event last year in November(Yes I started late)

Nintencivo1500

This will be my first TRU event Pokemon (I live in Mexico) but I dont think that being over the age of 10 and wanting an event pokemon makes you weird.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
I've been going to Toys 'R' Us since the Mew event. I'm going to go get Arceus to finish up my D/P/Pt movie pokemon set.

Do I feel weird doing it because of my age? Yeah, a little bit. I just walk in with my DS turned on and walk past the spot with it in my pocket to get the event. That way, no one really notices.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
I don't know what's the problem :/
The only times I went to a packed event was the Darkrai event. I was going to the mew event, but my dad said to was too late, it was 1:30 >:l
This was one of the blackest days of my life :/

halloweenghost

"Won't work. I've tried downloading it outside before and the signal is only inside the building (at least the Toys 'R' Us I go to is that way)."

It works..but i guess it depends on where the DS is in the store if it is close enough to the walls or not. I watched PKMNblogger on youtube get a bunch of shaymin from sitting outside the store.

halloweenghost

I've been going to these events for a long time, but I might miss it this time, because the only Toys'r'us is and hour away in a bigger city that my family only travels to on the weekends.

well it takes place during the weekend..maybe you can go?

I've gone to the Darkrai, Shaymin, Rotom, and now Arceus (I missed the Mew and Manaphy events, and the nearest Toys R Us to me didn't do the Dragonite event for some reason).

... I usually hide in the Nintendo department and try to look like I'm playing one of their demo DS games (of course, they have no DS models out on display to play...) There's either parents or young kids, so it doesn't matter... but I'm still paranoid.

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp
I am definintley going to the event. I planned on going on the seventh, but I have to go to the event on monday because my birthday party is on that weekend, and I plan to get one on my Platinum and my Diamond copy. I turned 16 btw.

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
im getting arceus on my diamond and platinum

I'm definetly going I'm a teen though so Im half hoping none of my friends who don't like pokemon see me >__>

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
ROFL.

No, I just don't like going into toy stores, which is where kids congregate, and stand there listening to their voices.
Sucks to be you then considering kids will be around at all times. Honestly kids aren't that bad and in fact they'd probably be too distracted by toys to bother you.

denizenofevil

I'm definitely going. Luckily for me, I drive so I can make it down there myself and I can go in the morning when all the kids are at school since my college classes start late.

Status
Not open for further replies.