• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Golbat

Ditto B1tch

Why scared? Golbat will start evolving when its happiness reach the minimum value required for evolution.

Last edited:

Ditto B1tch

If you don't want your Golbat to evolve, let it holds an Everstone. Then, you won't need to press B everytime it levels up.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Doesn't matter if you haven't beaten the game. My Golbat evolved at a pretty early level in SoulSilver, and I had just reached Ecruteak City when it dd. There's nothing wrong with having a Crobat before you beat the game. Though it might depend on where you are in the game that you decided to hold off on it for a little bit longer.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
My golbat started evolving at level 24. I got scared because I knew it couldn't and then it stopped.

Golbat evolves depending on its happiness, and the National Pokédex is not needed for it to evolve. I once had one evolve at level 23, just after I beat Whitney in HG. However if you want a challenge I guess you can hold off on evolving it, but that would be stupid.

LizardonX

Banned
Golbat evolves depending on its happiness, and the National Pokédex is not needed for it to evolve. I once had one evolve at level 23, just after I beat Whitney in HG. However if you want a challenge I guess you can hold off on evolving it, but that would be stupid.

No you need national dex to get Golbat to evolve in FIRE RED/ LEAF GREEN ONLY since the pokedex oak gives you doesnt include golbat. Scizor and Steelix are the same way as well as blissey.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
No you need national dex to get Golbat to evolve in FIRE RED/ LEAF GREEN ONLY since the pokedex oak gives you doesnt include golbat. Scizor and Steelix are the same way as well as blissey.

Hmm.... in FR/LG Golbat isn't a native pokemon to it's original and native land of Kanto(that makes no sense). I guess I don't remember, seing as how I haven't played these games in forever. But I'll take your word for it.

Last edited:

Arlo

...and so on...
Yes - this is true.

Leaf Green was my first Pokemon game. I caught a shiny Zubat (my first shiny) and kept it in my party. I had looked it up online and knew that it evolved into Golbat, then into Crobat (which could learn Fly) when its happiness was high enough, but didn't note that it couldn't do it before the National Dex.

I watched that thing start to evolve, then stop, probably eight or nine times. I was positive it had high enough happiness, but the damned thing just wouldn't evolve. It'd start... then stop. I finally gave up and parked it in a box.

When I got the National Dex, I realized that a whole bunch of new pokemon became available and had my first understanding of what this whole regional dex/national dex thing was about. On a hunch, I got Golbat back out and fed him a Rare Candy and Hey Blammo - Crobat, and a matching entry in the National Dex.

Ditto B1tch

In FireRed and LeafGreen ONLY you can't evolve your Pokemon into one other that isn't native of Kanto dex. The evolution of this Pokemon is allowed only after obtaining National Dex.

Despite the Pokemon starts evolving, the evolution will be cancelled by itself before being completed. This happens also with Chansey, Onix and Scyther when evolving into Blissey, Steelix and Scizor, respectively as long as player still with Kanto Dex.

Pokeminem

Gary Oak Fan
In FireRed and LeafGreen ONLY you can't evolve your Pokemon into one other that isn't native of Kanto dex. The evolution of this Pokemon is allowed only after obtaining National Dex.

Despite the Pokemon starts evolving, the evolution will be cancelled by itself before being completed. This happens also with Chansey, Onix and Scyther when evolving into Blissey, Steelix and Scizor, respectively as long as player still with Kanto Dex.

Yeah that happened with my chansey once

Cutty

Forever now
Crobat is my fave pokemon and I always have him in my in-game playthroughs, so its kinda annoying I cant have him for facing the Elite Four in LG/FR. I always feels incomplete and awkward. The Zubat line is nothing without Crobat.

LimeSoda

Yes - this is true.

Leaf Green was my first Pokemon game. I caught a shiny Zubat (my first shiny) and kept it in my party. I had looked it up online and knew that it evolved into Golbat, then into Crobat (which could learn Fly) when its happiness was high enough, but didn't note that it couldn't do it before the National Dex.

I watched that thing start to evolve, then stop, probably eight or nine times. I was positive it had high enough happiness, but the damned thing just wouldn't evolve. It'd start... then stop. I finally gave up and parked it in a box.

When I got the National Dex, I realized that a whole bunch of new pokemon became available and had my first understanding of what this whole regional dex/national dex thing was about. On a hunch, I got Golbat back out and fed him a Rare Candy and Hey Blammo - Crobat, and a matching entry in the National Dex.

Hey I remember you! Thanks for helping me out with all of my threads over a year ago! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...t-natured-dragon-dancing-dragonite&highlight=)

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I don't think it's a glitch all right. I've been hearing of similar incidents and you can't get it's evo yet until you have the National dex.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Yes - this is true.

Really don't like that rule....