• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gold and Silver teams

AncientMew

Training since 1998
First up is my Gold team, I've already defeated the E4 once with a team that was mostly different but most of these pokes are new and this is the first time I will battle the E4 with this team. The team is for ingame only. I can trade to my Yellow version Silver Version but I can't trade to crystal and I have just about every item it is possible to have including every single TM cloned. All pokes are lvl 50.

Charizard @ Soft Sand
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Fly
-Slash

Kingdra @ Dragon Fang
-Dragonbreath
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hyper Beam

Steelix @ Amulet Coin (I only have $886 so this item needs to be held by one poke)
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Iron Tail

Blissey @ Leftovers
-Softboiled
-Blizzard
-Psychic
-Fire Blast

Alakazam @ Kings Rock
-Recover
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

Electabuzz @ Focus Band
-Thunderbolt
-Swift
-Submission
-Iron Tail(Current move)/Ice Punch(Wondering weather to teach it this)

I am wondering to swap the Alakazam for:
Venusaur @ Leftovers
-Giga Drain
-Leach Seed
-Sludge Bomb/Acid
-Synthesis/Body Slam

Next is my silver ingame team, same rules apply for the Gold team apart from the fact that they are all lvl 43 and this is first time I've faced the E4 and I havent crossed Tohjo falls yet but I have all 8 badges

Feraligatr @ Nevermeltice
-Surf
-Slash
-Ice Punch
-Bite

Togetic @ Pink Bow
-Return
-Shadow Ball
-Fly
-Steel Wing

Raichu @ -
-Thunderbolt
-Submission
-Strength
-Iron Tail

Gengar @ Amulet Coin
-Hypnosis/Sludge Bomb
-Psychic
-Giga Drain
-Shadow Ball

Magmar @ Charcoal
-Headbutt
-Flamethrower
-Karate Chop
-Thunderpunch

Golem @ Soft Sand
-Strength
-Earthquake
-Rock Throw
-Selfdestruct

After the E4 is defeated I will train my Dratini and Larvitar untill they evolve and swap them for Togetic and Golem, my planned movesets for them are:

Dragonite @ Bitter Berry
-Fire Blast
-Outrage
-Fly
-Hyper Beam

Tyranitar @ Soft Sand
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Blizzard

EDIT: I realised I'd wrote crytal instead of silver.

Last edited:

Dragon_Reborn

First up is my Gold team, I've already defeated the E4 once with a team that was mostly different but most of these pokes are new and this is the first time I will battle the E4 with this team. The team is for ingame only. I can trade to my Yellow version Silver Version but I can't trade to crystal and I have just about every item it is possible to have including every single TM cloned. All pokes are lvl 50.

Charizard@Soft Sand
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance
I through Swords Dance over Belly Drum since this is ingame and not competitive play..Swords Dance in my opinion is a lot safer since you wont loose HP that Belly Drum does for using it.The only difference is that Belly Drum sacrafice half your HP to max out attack stat and Swords Dance raises attack stat each turn.Rock Slide will require breeding to get,but is quite valuable move for Charizard I think.Rock Slide will be able to take out other fires,flying,ice,bug.

Kingdra@Dragon Fang
-Dragonbreath
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Toxic/Double Edge
Toxic is good in here to help drain their HP and take them out faster.Double Edge is a alternative move that will do massive damage of 120,but you will have some recoil damage caused by it.If you use Double Edge you can use Leftovers to recover some of that lost HP back.

Steelix@Amulet Coin (I only have $886 so this item needs to be held by one poke)
-Earthquake
-Screech
-Rock Slide
-Iron Tail
Steelix works much better in a competitive play then it does in ingame play.Steelix can do quite well in ingame with this moveset here.I added Screech in there to sharply lower the defense stat of the opposing pokemon.This will allow Steelix to do more damage this way.

Blissey@Leftovers
-Softboiled
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
Blissey doesn't really work that well in ingame play.Blissey is more of the dominate type in competitive play instead.This moveset might work well since Blissey has a high special attack.Ice Beam is mainly for Dragonite,flying,rock,grass,etc.Thunderbolt is good for water and flying types.Flamethrower will take out grass,bug,steel,etc.

Alakazam@Kings Rock
-Recover
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch/Thunderpunch
-Psychic
Fire Punch will help you defend off bug types mainly,but also take out grass,steel,etc.Thunderpunch could be used to deal with water and flying types.

Electabuzz@Focus Band
-Thunderbolt
-Cross Chop
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
Fire Punch is great move to deal with taking out grass,steel,bug,etc.Ice Punch will help against Dragonite's,rock,flying,etc.Cross Chop will help against normal,steel,dark,rock,etc.

I am wondering to swap the Alakazam for:
Venusaur @ Leftovers
-Sunny Day
-Leach Seed
-Solarbeam
-Sleep Powder
I find that Sunnybeam set would work well for ingame.Sunny Day is to make Solarbeam attack on the first try.Sleep Powder is good to cause a sleep status on them while you attack away then.

Next is my crystal ingame team, same rules apply for the Gold team apart from the fact that they are all lvl 43 and this is first time I've faced the E4 and I havent crossed Tohjo falls yet but I have all 8 badges

Feraligatr@Nevermeltice
-Surf
-Rock Slide
-Screech
-Earthquake
Earthquake will dominate anything that is electric,fire,rock,poison,etc.Rock Slide will require breeding to get,but is quite valuable.I through Screech in here since its ingame to help lower their defense stat to do more damage.

Togetic@Pink Bow
-Return
-Psychic
-Safeguard
-Fire Blast
Togetic has a very limited movepool.Psychic is good in dealing with fighting,poison,etc.Fire Blast will help take out grass,bug,steel,etc.Safeguard will protect you from any status inflicting moves.

Raichu@-
-Thunderbolt
-Submission
-Seismic Toss/Iron Tail
-Thunder Wave
Thunder Wave is nice to cause a paralyze status so you can sweep more effective.Seismic Toss is nice attack that's damage is based on your level.Iron Tail would probably work if you dont want to use Seismic Toss.

Gengar@Amulet Coin
-Hypnosis
-Psychic/Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt is good in taking out water and flying.Ice Punch is good in taking out dragonite's,grass,rock,flying,etc.Fire Punch is good in dealing with grass,bug,steel,etc.

Magmar@Charcoal
-Confuse Ray
-Flamethrower
-Cross Chop/Psychic
-Thunderpunch
Confuse Ray is quite nice to cause confusion and that chance they hit each other.Cross Chop is good in taking out normal,steel,dark,ice,rock.Psychic is nice if you can't get cross chop.

Golem@Soft Sand
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Explosion
Body Slam is a good physical attack that has a 30% chance to paralyze the opposing pokemon.Rock Slide for STAB that can take out fire,bug,flying,etc.Explosion is great for doing massive damage when you know the next move will take you out.

After the E4 is defeated I will train my Dratini and Larvitar untill they evolve and swap them for Togetic and Golem, my planned movesets for them are:

Dragonite@Bitter Berry
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Fly/Wing Attack
-Ice Beam
Surf is good for dealing with rock,ground,fire,etc.Ice Beam is good in taking out Dragonite's,flying,grass,etc.Thunderbolt is good for taking out water and flying types.

Tyranitar@Soft Sand
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Thunderbolt/Curse
Thunderbolt is quite nice to have to deal with water type weakness and also flying types.Curse will help raise attack and defense stat to take pokemon out quicker.

All my changes/comments are in bold above.Your ingame teams look pretty good to me.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
Thanks for the help, some moves I don't have access to but can do just as well with alternatives you gave me =)