• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gold n' Silver Sprite errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I thought that this would be a little fun. We all know that Gold and Silver had some of the Best sprites ever (And If you know me, I'm normally the one to criticize the 2nd Generation) but there are some sprites which are bad. Some of which are adding or removing features from the Sigromi artwork. So, I just though it would be fun to point out some of the mistakes that Gamefreak (Not Nintendo gawdammit) made when making the sprites for Gold and Silver.

Raikou in Gold and Silver was missing the 4 point star, fangs and had an orange cape and tail. This was fixed in Crystal
Gold/Silver sprite:
Spr_2s_243.png

Crystal sprite:
Spr_2c_243.gif

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
Maybe that wasn't an error. Maybe that was the way it was supposed to be but then small children started to get afraid and the pokemon designers decide to hide Raikou's face in order to avoid lawsuits or something :p

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
Maybe that wasn't an error. Maybe that was the way it was supposed to be but then small children started to get afraid and the pokemon designers decide to hide Raikou's face in order to avoid lawsuits or something :p

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Then why change it in Crystal? The official artwork depicted it with fangs and a 4 point star. And Raikou isn't scary at all, nor would their be anyone dumb enough to file a lawsuit because their child was giving nightmares from an imaginary tiger. I don't see what your trying to defend here.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
Where's your sense of humor? All I'm saying is that Raikou looks better with the fangs/mask .

Sprintking

Where's your sense of humor? All I'm saying is that Raikou looks better with the fangs/mask .

You never said that in your previous post.

I think it was an error though, and prefer the Crystal Raikou. Also, I don't know if it really qualifies as an error, but like raikou suicune changed from GS to C. Its GS forehead(?) is the same color as its mane(?), but in crystal and subsequent games it is the same color as its body
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex/245.shtml

Last edited:

leilukin

Dragon Tamer

Chaos Rush

There were a lot of errors in the original G/S/C sprites. Let me name them (I'm looking at a sprite sheet as I'm typing this):

Chikorita (Wrong color)
Meganium (Pink leaves drawn incorrectly)
Crocnaw (Too green)
Feraligatr (Too green)
Pidgey (They're not supposed to be pink)
Pidgeotto (They're not supposed to be pink)
Pidgeot (They're not supposed to be pink)
Pichu (Cheek spots are supposed to be pink, not red)
Pikachu (backsprite mistake: The tail is facing the wrong direction)
Spinarak (Wrong color. Though it could be argued that this was done intentionally to make it appear at night time)
Ampharos (Ear stripes incorrect)
Skiploom (Tips of ears shouldn't be yellow)
Poliwhirl (It should have mittens, not gloves. This mistake remained in R/S)
Bellossom (WTF PINK!?!?!?)
Pineco (Completely wrong color)
Forretress (Completely wrong color)
Sunkern (It should be yellow, not green)
Aipom (Colors are way too dark)
Machop (Should be greenish-blue, not brown)
Machoke (Should be purple, not grayish brown)
Machamp (Should be greyish-blue, not brown)
Smoochum (IT SIMPLY LOOKS UGLY)
Farfetched (Too fat, there shouldn't be stripes on wings, and the wings are drawn rather incorrectly)
Xatu (There should not be an "eye" on the wing)
Tentacool (Tentacles shouldn't be blue, though this was done because of color restrictions)
Tentacruel (Tentacles shouldn't be blue, though this was done because of color restrictions)
Starmie (Gem in center should be red, not purple. Though this was done because of color restrictions)
Shellder (Wrong color)
Remoraid (Wrong color)
Octillery (Eye should be white, not yellow)
Lanturn (Wtf is up with it's "hands"?)
Tangela (Wrong color)
Kingdra (Too dark)
Gligar (Wtf is up with the blue tongue? o_O...)
Skarmory (It should have red wings)
Kangaskhan (Wrong color)
Magcargo (Wrong color)
Sneasel (Wrong color, incorrect "ears" and "wings")
Aerodactyl (Wrong color)
Raikou (Obviously)
Entei (Obviously)
Tyranitar (The head is drawn slightly incorrectly)

Most of these were fixed in Crystal.

Lanturn had white spots on one of its sprites. In new sprites it does not have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.