• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gold or Silver? (Or maybe Crystal?)

G/S/C?

• Gold

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Crystal

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Awesome

<3 Magikarp ;]
I am gonna get one of these games before HG/SS comes out, and I was wondering which one I should get.

Also, I don't really wanna get Crystal but if you recommend it more than G/S then I will get that. :)

KGB13

Man of Mystery
You should get Crystal because it's like a deluxe edition of Gold and Silver.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Yeah, I was thinking that. Depends if my local GAME has any copies of it though..

Well if they don't and you have to get either Gold or Silver you should check to see which game has the exclusives you like and then make a decision based on that because they're pretty much the same game.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yes, but they don't come out for a fair few months, so I was gonna get a taster by buying the first versions.

Ah I see. Well I suppose Crystal is the popular choice. It's not my favorite, but it does have some interesting places like hidden Ruins of Alph chambers, Dragon's Den Shrine, and Battle Tower.

AranaTheRhinosaur

あなたの心で..
Just get an emulator and Crystal ROM- it's free and no internal battery issues.

Crystal>>>>>>>>>>G/S

Dusk Sweep 0x9

Ready to Battle
hehehe completely agree with miles- if you havent played either g/s/c yet, i would wait for hg/ss, cos it will be like an entire new adventure for you- 2 months isn't long, once i heard about diamond released in japan i amde a countdown thing, and i waited 9 months for it, so 2 months ain't so bad.

yee

id also say wait for hg/ss but if you really want one of the old games crystal is by far the best.. i just played through gold not too long ago and crystal is easily the better game. gold just feels way too old and plain crystal has stuff like the battle tower (i never did it personally), the ability to get elemental stones and move tutors early (you can actually use eevee because of it), you also battle this weird guy obsessed with suicune a lot and you dont have to track it down overall its way more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.