1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gold Series 4 new info

Discussion in 'Alternate TCG Discussion' started by SmartD, May 18, 2011.

1. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

http://shriektcg.twoday.net/stories/14872290/#comments

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning is strange pick to be a Gold Rare since it's banned. Either it will be unbanned next format, or it's just there to make more money. Gold Rare Trap Stun sounds nice.

2. Mikau

Mikau Better then you

Sweet, Morphing Jar and Celestia are nice. Toon Table is also pretty sweet.

3. Raiburuto

Raiburuto ~Grammar Nazi

pleasebefossildynapachcephalopleasebefossildynapachcephalopleasebefossildynapachcephalopleasebefossildynapachcephalopleasebefossildynapachcephalopleasebefossildynapachcephalopleasebefossildynapachcephalo

:p

4. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

More card to be included in Gold Series 4:

Meltiel, Sage of the Sky
    Trade-In
    Darklord Zerato
    Summoner Monk
    Spirit Reaper
    Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
    Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
    Pot of Avarice

Looks pretty good.

5. Mikau

Mikau Better then you

I absolutely love the new gold rares. Now I can get foil Reapers without spending a bunch of money.

6. cybermew

cybermew A la lune!

This GS is among one of the worst we've ever had. Some of the foil reprints are nice, but I don't really want to spend £20 for a Trap Stun, an Obelisk and a BLS-EOB. It wouldn't be nice.

This really needed some better reprints - i.e. Fossil Dyna, Kristya.

7. Mikau

Mikau Better then you

This is one of the better Gold Series in my opinion. DCK and FHD are really nice, as well as Ryko and Celestia, which are hard to get these days for some reason.

8. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

9. ndralcasid

ndralcasid 1st of da month

Absolute GARBAGE set.

Other than Doomcal, the golds are either just blinged out versions of relatively easy to get cards or cards that are essentially irrelevant. Very disappointing considering how awesome GS3 was.

Konami has been really dropping the ball lately and it sooo disappointing as someone that loves the game. If they actually showed some care towards their players, it would make me VERY happy

10. Mikau

Mikau Better then you

What crawled up your *** and died? All the golds are really nice, most of them are quite expensive right now too. I am looking froward to getting cheap copies of cards I don't have.

11. ndralcasid

^Doomcal is the only real expensive reprint. Everything else can either be gotten as a 1-2 dollar common, or was never in demand in the first place.

12. Airride_Master

Airride_Master Active Member

Ryko is a $10 common. :|
    FHD is in demad because of how useful he is with Future Fusion
    Tytanial is an expensive plant.
    Gyzarus is reaking expensive.
    Chaos sorcerer is $4, via demand.
    And yeah everything else is cheap-ish.

13. ndralcasid

Tytannial is like 12 and dropping cuz builds tend to not use her anymore, and if one uses any, it's only a single copy.
    Gyazarus been 8 bucks for 2 years now.
    I'd never imagine Sorc being that much, then again I have a million copies of him.
    Only Disaster players want Five Headed, who wasnt terribly expensive to begin with (it did need a reprint to be fair, but low demand kept the price low. Gold is pushing it though)
    Ryko actually is a nice reprint, but sadly, hes the second most expensive card in the set. There are many 20 to 30+ dollar cards that are waaay overdue for a reprint like this (Ehren, Fossil Dyna, E-Hero Gaia, Absolute Zero, Gateway, Simorgh, KRISTYA, I can go on)

14. Airride_Master

Airride_Master Active Member

The Lowest I find Gyz outside of Ebay is 15.
    Also, I agree that most of the set sucks, with Dyna, Omni-HEROes and Dark Simorgh needing to be reprinted. Perhaps Abs0 in GENF SP, since it's supposed to be HERO-Heavy?

15. Mikau

Mikau Better then you

I'm sure the Hero stuff as well as Kristya will be reprinted at some point, hopefully in one of the next Special Editions.

16. Zark

Zark {5D's Elite Duelist}

I want the Obelisk, Black Luster, Morphing Jar and Doomcaliber Knight!!!

17. PokemonOwn

PokemonOwn Well-Known Member

Trap Stun, BLS-EOB, Doomcalibur and Tytannial are the only ones I actually care about.

Overall, really nice.