• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gold, Silver and Crystal on 3DS VC - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLynch

Is there anything replicating the Japanese mobile phone trading from Crystal?

Aquarelle

Staff member
This was nice news to come home to today! I haven't done a full Crystal playthrough in a long time, so I'm looking forward to experiencing the Crystal-exclusive features again.
Maybe I'll have more success at the Battle Tower this time lol.

You know, if only I knew how to change the title of this thread, now that Crystal is coming to 3DS VC.
I updated it for you. :)

Pokemon Power

This was nice news to come home to today! I haven't done a full Crystal playthrough in a long time, so I'm looking forward to experiencing the Crystal-exclusive features again.

I updated it for you. :)

Thanks. Though I would've preferred the title to be: "Gold, Silver and Crystal on 3DS VC - Discussion".

Pokemon Power

Thanks again. Now, onto a big question for everyone. Now that all six Generation I and II games are out, do you think they will re-release the GBA Generation III games? And if so, how do you think they'll do it?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Thanks again. Now, onto a big question for everyone. Now that all six Generation I and II games are out, do you think they will re-release the GBA Generation III games? And if so, how do you think they'll do it?

Good question. I'm betting probably via the Switch.

Dr. Eeviil

Good question. I'm betting probably via the Switch.

I wouldn't think so. We just had Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Plus you can already transfer pokemon all the way from the original Gen 3 games to the latest ones.

BCVM22

We also "just" had Heart Gold and Soul Silver, which are still playable on current hardware and within that same transfer chain.

Maxim

Beyond repair
No. Though it appears all regions will get some version of the Celebi event in-game.

Has there been a definite "no" answer from any official source?

By the way, I also wonder what they do with the Battle Tower. Is Japan simply getting an inoperative Tower? That would make them disadvantaged compared to the West - usually it's the other way 'round. Would the Japanese producers allow it?

Leonhart

Imagineer

I hated the Battle Tower when I first played Crystal version, and I doubt my thoughts on it will change when I play the VC version. I'm mainly eager to go through the Suikun event again, and the Celebi event for the first time.

AmethystLeslie

Has there been a definite "no" answer from any official source?

By the way, I also wonder what they do with the Battle Tower. Is Japan simply getting an inoperative Tower? That would make them disadvantaged compared to the West - usually it's the other way 'round. Would the Japanese producers allow it?

There is a yes from an official source, at least.

In this version of Pokémon Crystal, players will also have the chance to encounter the mythical Pokémon Celebi in an event after completing the game. In the original Pokémon Crystal game, Celebi could only be obtained by using a special accessory.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I just recently heard that Crystal is coming out on 3DS soon...I haven't even started playing Gold version yet. It appears I have some work ahead of me!

Sulfurian

I wonder if this means Celebi technically will lose it's mythical status once this goes live, like Deoxys in ORAS.

gentwoer

I am confused about the Celebi situation. Is it only accessible via some sort of event or code? Something I read made it sound like after you defeat the Elite Four you're gonna get the GS ball to give you a chance to encounter Celebi.

BCVM22

The Japanese version is getting some version of a GS Ball event. The means by which Celebi will be accessible in the international versions is not yet confirmed, but Celebi will be available somehow in these versions, per the respective regional announcement trailers.

AmethystLeslie

The Japanese version is getting some version of a GS Ball event. The means by which Celebi will be accessible in the international versions is not yet confirmed, but Celebi will be available somehow in these versions, per the respective regional announcement trailers.

I quoted a thing a few posts back. The international versions are getting Celebi in a postgame event.

zecapau

Wow, didn't expect them to come so soon.

This is the team I'm planning to take, but it depends on some things I'll try.

1. The Time Capsule trading
2. The cloning glitch

Can't wait to play it on my 3ds, thank you Nintendo for making us so happy.

You seem to have a bad taste at teammaking... except on Gengar and Nidoking. I recommend something else you never tried before.

I quoted a thing a few posts back. The international versions are getting Celebi in a postgame event.
But will it be already in the game or we need to activate an event throught Mystery Gift?

Last edited:

BCVM22

You seem to have a bad taste at teammaking... except on Gengar and Nidoking. I recommend something else you never tried before.

Two things.

One. The post you're quoting is from June - months ago. It's likely an exceedingly moot point by now.

Two. It's poor form to tell someone they have "bad taste at teammaking," particularly when they weren't soliciting advice on their choices in the first place.

But will it be already in the game or we need to activate an event throught Mystery Gift?

It is technically feasible that there would be some manner of local wireless element to it, the way they used to do in-store events before simply switching to the serial code scratch-off cards, but it is not terribly likely, and every indication is that it will be coded into the game and made accessible once you've reached a certain progress point in your game.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Woah, and I thought one Celebi was enough! I have a Japanese 3DS, I'm psyched at the opportunity to get another.

I should make a point to beat my VC Silver before investing in Crystal, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.