• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gold, Silver and Crystal on 3DS VC - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
A Celebi event for Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon to promote Gold and Silver on the Virtual Console is better than nothing in hindsight, but I was hoping that we could somehow get Celebi in Gold and Silver themselves.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I already have Celebi, but I always like adding more event legendaries to my collection.

I really like the look of the new Gold & Silver 3DS themes, too. I'm considering using one on my XL, though I do really like my current Yoshi theme.

AmethystLeslie

I predownloaded Gold, it was down to a coin flip for me on which to get, and I'm sticking with it.

Now the Celebi event, on the other hand, when does that come out? The 22nd?

Pokemon Power

A Celebi event for Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon to promote Gold and Silver on the Virtual Console is better than nothing in hindsight, but I was hoping that we could somehow get Celebi in Gold and Silver themselves.

I had a feeling, since they did a distribution of Mew back when Red, Blue and Yellow were released on 3DS VC.

AmethystLeslie

I had a feeling, since they did a distribution of Mew back when Red, Blue and Yellow were released on 3DS VC.

In Japan and a part of the UK, but there was no Mew launch event.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I decided to pre-purchase Gold version. I wasn't sure which version of these Virtual Console games I'd play first, but I've realized that I like Gold's version exclusive Pokemon more than I like Silver's. I'll download Silver version when I'm through with Gold, although that might take a few months.

Syther

Y not?
I bought both silver and gold, but I only got the receipt for Silver. Anyone else missing their receipt?

Last edited:

warlordsh

I know that you get a Celebi code with the pre purchase of gold/silver.
But can you also still get Celebi if I buy the download code at a local store?
Would anyone know that?

Syther

Y not?
Good question, I'm not willing to try that as I already pre-purchaced both games.

I did discover a possible cause for the receipt issue.

I was checking my account activity on my 3ds and noticed something was odd. Like a few other people, I too was missing my receipt for Pokemon Gold and wanted to know why. As I started scrolling through I discovered other purchases were missing their receipts too. So I went further back to the point where I could see receipts again.

This point would up being the date of Feburary 25th 2017 with the next action on my account being "Balance Adjustment" on March 3rd. The release date of the Nintendo Switch and the same day I linked the Switch to my e-shop account.

After that date the e-shop on both the 3ds and wii u were no longer keeping a proper record of my transactions and balance history, and just listed what was bought when.

If you are having the problem of missing your receipts, including for pokemon gold and silver, Let Nintendo know if you have "Balance Adjustment" listed on your account activity.

and before you say to take this to Nintendo, I already have and just want to help with figuring things out so you can report the issue to them too if you have it.

Espeonite

I already pre-ordered will the mons have their hidden ability like rby vc? I need a regenerator Ho-oh in my life.

You can get GS theme codes from the receipt when you purchase it you guys if you didnt know

How does this work? does this work for pre-purchase?

Last edited by a moderator:

BCVM22

I already pre-ordered will the mons have their hidden ability like rby vc? I need a regenerator Ho-oh in my life.

Logical, given the Generation I transfers, but impossible to know for sure until the games are actually available.

Syther

Y not?
Yes, provided you actually get the receipt, you can find it some where on it.

It seems that if you linked your Nintendo switch to your e-shop account, you no longer get a receipt for any 3ds or wii u digital purchase.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
I am looking forward to Silver version on the 3DS! I had older brothers who introduced me to Pokemon at a young age Silver being my first game and Blue being my second game played yes I cant wait to play this!

Pokemon Power

I've pre-purchased both Gold and Silver. I think I'll pass on the Celebi distribution code. I already have at least eight. As for playing them, I think I'll wait until I've started and cleared Yellow and Ultra Moon.

Platina2000

I began Pokemon gaming as a whole with Silver, so this will be a huge nostalgic trip for me. And I'll be using the Celebi code for Silver as a result. Tomorrow can't get here fast enough!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So I'm getting the special GameStop theme. Does anyone know if I preordered the games at GameStop if I'll get Celebi? I can't find an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.