• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gold, Silver and Crystal on 3DS VC - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris261090

I have a similar question:

In the retail versions of Gold/Silver in the EU (or rather Germany), do you get the Celebi and the Themes?
Or do you get that stuff only if you buy the games in the eShop?

Vipsoccermaster

So I'm getting the special GameStop theme. Does anyone know if I preordered the games at GameStop if I'll get Celebi? I can't find an answer.
Yes. You'll get a download code for use in the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Check the receipt after confirming purchase (by going to your eShop Account Activity). You will find the code there that allows you to get Celebi for Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun, or Pokémon Ultra Moon.

In the retail versions of Gold/Silver in the EU (or rather Germany), do you get the Celebi and the Themes?
By getting the retail versions, you're basically getting the boxed versions that has the download code inside within. The download code can then be used in the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Check the receipt after confirming purchase (by going to your eShop Account Activity). You will then get two codes. One for Celebi and one for the theme. You won't be getting the theme that GameStop, Amazon, and Best Buy are offering. Instead, to get that theme, you must purchase it from My Nintendo for 100 Platinum Points.

Prof. 9

Having just used mine, I can confirm you do NOT get the themes if you activate the eShop code from the boxed version, but you DO get a separate Celebi code per game.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Re-playing these games after all those years is so awesome. Love it! Only i have one question: will the Ho-oh and Lugia themes for 3DS be sold seperately later? I'd like to get both but don't wanna buy another copy of Silver just to get a wallpaper.

chris261090

By getting the retail versions, you're basically getting the boxed versions that has the download code inside within. The download code can then be used in the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Check the receipt after confirming purchase (by going to your eShop Account Activity). You will then get two codes. One for Celebi and one for the theme. You won't be getting the theme that GameStop, Amazon, and Best Buy are offering. Instead, to get that theme, you must purchase it from My Nintendo for 100 Platinum Points.

Having just used mine, I can confirm you do NOT get the themes if you activate the eShop code from the boxed version, but you DO get a separate Celebi code per game.

Since this info is a bit conflicting, which region are you guys from and are you both talking about the non-GameStop/Amazon/Best Buy retail version?

EDIT: Some guy on a German forum (somehow I get an error message if I want to include this link) also confirms, that you don't get the Gold/Silver theme, if you buy the retail version. So is there really no way to get the box and the theme?

Last edited:

Prof. 9

The boxed versions are exclusive to Japan and Europe and not available at US retailers like GameStop, US Amazon or Best Buy. My region is EU.

So is there really no way to get the box and the theme?
Other than ignoring the code from the boxed version and buying the game directly on the eShop, seems like it.

chris261090

The boxed versions are exclusive to Japan and Europe and not available at US retailers like GameStop, US Amazon or Best Buy. My region is EU.

Thanks for the clarification.

Other than ignoring the code from the boxed version and buying the game directly on the eShop, seems like it.

Ok, that is crazy. Well, if I have to choose, I think I'll get the boxed version.
But just in case I contacted Pokémon support if they know of a way to get both. Or at least if there will be a way to get the themes without buying Gold/Silver in the eShop.

UPDATE: Pokémon support forwarded me to Nintendo support, where I was told that you can either get the Gold/Silver theme or the box as a bonus for buying Gold/Silver. They didn't know, if the themes will be available seperately, but I'll be contacted as soon as they find out.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the release in the USA since for some reason Pokken and XV 2 is out on Switch but Silver is still not working after I preloaded it.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Is the Johto Gym Leaders theme a code? If so, does anybody have one they don't want? I can get you a rare Pokemon or something in exchange, I just need to check and see what I have first.

PkmnTrainerJ

Does anyone know if Mystery Gift works on GS on VC? There is the little infrared connection on 3DS I believe so they could have set it up.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I bought both versions last night and began playing Gold before school today.
Really happy to experience these games again. ^_^

porygonfan

Is celebi still being given out for downloading gold/silver in North America? Do they give a code for mystery gift or QR code?

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I downloaded Silver from the Eshop and recieved the Celebi code and the theme code.

Then I downloaded Gold from Amazon and recieved the same stuff. The only difference is the theme was different. I like both of the themes.

Is celebi still being given out for downloading gold/silver in North America? Do they give a code for mystery gift or QR code?

Yes it is. To redeem the code go to Mystery Gift in your Sun or Moon game, and go to (get with code/password.) That will work for you.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Apparently some dataminier found the code for Pokemon Crystal within the 3DS VC version of Gold and Silver. So we might have Crystal on VC after all.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Apparently some dataminier found the code for Pokemon Crystal within the 3DS VC version of Gold and Silver. So we might have Crystal on VC after all.

That's good :)

On a side note, does anyone know how to get the code for the theme because I do not remember seeing it when I downloaded Silver, the only code I saw was the one for Celebi

Aquarelle

Staff member
On a side note, does anyone know how to get the code for the theme because I do not remember seeing it when I downloaded Silver, the only code I saw was the one for Celebi
I found my codes for the themes by going in the eshop and checking Settings/Other -> Account Activity -> View Receipt (for whichever game you got). For me, the theme code was near the bottom, below the Celebi code.

(This is assuming you got the games directly from the eshop and not from the boxed versions. People above mentioned not being able to get the theme with the boxed version)

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I found my codes for the themes by going in the eshop and checking Settings/Other -> Account Activity -> View Receipt (for whichever game you got). For me, the theme code was near the bottom, below the Celebi code.

(This is assuming you got the games directly from the eshop and not from the boxed versions. People above mentioned not being able to get the theme with the boxed version)

Yep I downloaded it directly from the Eshop but now its not letting me see my receipt

EDIT 4:51 PM

found it, it was in my email but for some reason it got sent to spam, got it now thanks for the help :)

Last edited:
Okay, I'm super confused about the themes and Celebi code. I went to GameStop today and bought both Gold and Silver for the VC. I was given two download codes to use to download the games. No problem. I downloaded Gold first, and upon completion I went ahead and used the code to get the Cast theme (the one with the Gym Leader and character portraits). Then I downloaded Silver, but I didn't use the code on that one, since it was for the same theme. Looking over my receipts/recent transactions, there is no code for Celebi, nor have I seen anything to get the nifty little Gold and Silver themes with Ho-Oh and Lugia. Can someone please help me make sense of all this?

(As an aside, I wish game publishers/developers would cut it out with this 'buy this bundle and get these things with it but if you don't buy this other bundle--even if you don't live in this other region--too bad you can't get the other bonuses!' Make it all available to everyone or do it separately, sheesh!)

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Anyone having trouble redeeming download codes from GameStop? It's not working at all for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.