• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gold, Silver and Crystal on 3DS VC - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having trouble redeeming download codes from GameStop? It's not working at all for me.

Make sure you're using 0 (zero) instead of the letter O. eShop codes don't use certain letters, and all the codes I've seen on my end start with B0 (zero). I made that mistake trying to redeem my first code.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Make sure you're using 0 (zero) instead of the letter O. eShop codes don't use certain letters, and all the codes I've seen on my end start with B0 (zero). I made that mistake trying to redeem my first code.

Yeah I just remembered that it's 0 instead of O, their receipt doesn't really distinguish it properly.

EDIT : I got the theme code but not Celebi.. It's not in the receipt either.

EDIT 2 : The Celebi code is only available if you buy it from the eShop. What a load of ********.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Yeah I just remembered that it's 0 instead of O, their receipt doesn't really distinguish it properly.

EDIT : I got the theme code but not Celebi.. It's not in the receipt either.

EDIT 2 : The Celebi code is only available if you buy it from the eShop. What a load of ********.

I could loan you mine if you wish. It would be in a private message of course. I already have enough Celebi anyway.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I could loan you mine if you wish. It would be in a private message of course. I already have enough Celebi anyway.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll prolly get one from my cousins in a bit.

I have a spare Gym Cast Theme Code, PM if anyone wants it :)

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
As much as I loved Sun and Moon - and will love the upcoming games - this is probably the most exciting thing to happen in this franchise, in my opinion, in years. I'm so excited to play later tonight!

Can someone please confirm for me that the purchased Gold/Silver on or after release date (so not a pre-order/pre-load) and got their Gym Theme code? And please tell which store (Amazon, BestBuy, or GameStop) and if you bought it online or at an actual store?

Sorry, but all the articles that mentioned it, made it seem like it was for pre-orders and didn't specify when the promotion would end and none of the websites mention anything about it and none of their customer supports know anything. And I don't want to buy from one of the three and not get the Gym Theme or the Gold/Silver Theme and Celebi.
thanks.

Can someone please confirm for me that the purchased Gold/Silver on or after release date (so not a pre-order/pre-load) and got their Gym Theme code? And please tell which store (Amazon, BestBuy, or GameStop) and if you bought it online or at an actual store?

Sorry, but all the articles that mentioned it, made it seem like it was for pre-orders and didn't specify when the promotion would end and none of the websites mention anything about it and none of their customer supports know anything. And I don't want to buy from one of the three and not get the Gym Theme or the Gold/Silver Theme and Celebi.
thanks.

I bought both Gold and Silver at GameStop (actual store) the day it came out. I did not have it pre-ordered. Buying both will get you two codes for the Cast/Gym theme--you can use one and give the other to a friend. I did not receive a code for the Gold and Silver themes (with Lugia an Ho-Oh), so it looks like those can only be gotten if you buy the game directly from the eShop. I also did not receive a code for Celebi--I think someone earlier in the thread confirmed that you have to buy the games directly from the eShop in order to get a code for Celebi. That's my understanding, anyway.

It's also interesting to note that some regions have alternate means to obtain the themes, though for the Gold and Silver themes I think it's Japan-only, at least for now. The Cast theme I think is available alternately in all regions.

EDIT: I hope this helps; I'm still kind of confused about all this, but as far as I know this is correct. If someone else would like to confirm I think a few of us confused people would greatly appreciate it!

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I've been mulling over getting Silver on the VC for the past couple of days. Since I already have SoulSilver, and I've gotten really far on that game, I think it would seem pretty redundant if I were to start my Johto journey all over again from the beginning.

If I did, however, my Silver team would probably echo my SoulSilver team:

;154; ;038; ;121; ;018; ;181; ;197;

(Can you catch ;179; near Falkner's Gym in the original Silver, like you can in SoulSilver?)

I bought both Gold and Silver at GameStop (actual store) the day it came out. I did not have it pre-ordered. Buying both will get you two codes for the Cast/Gym theme--you can use one and give the other to a friend. I did not receive a code for the Gold and Silver themes (with Lugia an Ho-Oh), so it looks like those can only be gotten if you buy the game directly from the eShop. I also did not receive a code for Celebi--I think someone earlier in the thread confirmed that you have to buy the games directly from the eShop in order to get a code for Celebi. That's my understanding, anyway.

It's also interesting to note that some regions have alternate means to obtain the themes, though for the Gold and Silver themes I think it's Japan-only, at least for now. The Cast theme I think is available alternately in all regions.

EDIT: I hope this helps; I'm still kind of confused about all this, but as far as I know this is correct. If someone else would like to confirm I think a few of us confused people would greatly appreciate it!
Cool, I'll head to GameStop later today. And from what I understand, it's like this:
In NA, if you order from the eShop, you'll get a code for Celebi and a code for the Gold/Silver theme. Because Nintendo/GameFreak didn't think things through, if you happened to buy the games from Amazon, BestBuy, or GameStop, you wouldn't get either of those codes (At least, that's my speculation). So, in order to give customers and those stores something, they decided to give them an exclusive code for a theme. I'm not sure why they gave them access to produce a bunch of codes for that theme and not the other two or Celebi. And I'm not sure how it is in Japan, but I know that in the EU, you can redeem the Gym theme through MyNintendo.

TrainerJenny

毛皮のゴミ
New user here :p I've been nonstop playing this game for 2 days with a few hours of rest occaisonally XD it's been quite a nostalgia trip playing gold

AmethystLeslie

I am so tired right now, i'll give a full summary of my team another time.

Basic gist is that I beat Whitney, and she wasn't that bad, i'm now convinced the hype was from people who were not prepared for the fight. Did the mail sidequest to get Nightmare, got a few berries, got my Apricorn Ball from Kurt, and got Sudowoodo (forgot to save, whoops!).

I did the Bug-Catching Contest, and I got a Beedrill which earned me 2nd place. I did find a Scyther, but I could not catch it, it killed me before I could catch it.

I got to Ecruteak... only to immediately backtrack to Goldenrod to pick up the Eevee from Bill after meeting him in Ecruteak's Pokemon Center. The Eevee is named Temperance, and after checking its DVs, it has very high DVs including a perfect Special DV. Its Attack stat is terrible, but it's not gonna need that where it's going. Inb4 its 3IVs are bad ones upon migration.

I did the Burned Tower (the Silver fight took a while) and the Dance Theater, and got Surf which Valor the Totodile is ROCKIN. I attempted to beat Morty, but lost the first time, and beat him the 2nd time after grinding the team up 1 level.

Tomorrow I plan to groom Temperance some more and try to evolve it into Espeon. I could probably use Shadow Ball. Maybe some grinding as well. Maybe.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Been playing all weekend, got Gold and Silver.

Silver is my main game, I've got Cyndaquil, Bulbasaur, Togepi, Eevee, Slowking and Noctowl at the moment and I've just caught the red Gyrados. My Togepi and Eevee are taking FOREVER to evolve, and they are still not close to being happy.

In other news, traded Red Gyrados over to Yellow, taught it Mimic and then went to Pokemon Mansion, fought a Ditto, used Mimic and copied Transform, then it transformed into Gyrados, then spammed Transform, until it used transform for a second time. Then caught it and traded it to Silver, and now have myself a lovely Shiny Ditto.

PokeMaster366

Personally, I'm a little salty that we don't have Pokemon Crystal. Don't know why that wouldn't be included with the rest on release day.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Personally, I'm a little salty that we don't have Pokemon Crystal. Don't know why that wouldn't be included with the rest on release day.

Maybe they realized releasing RGBY all at the same time hurt sales compared to releasing them at separate times and they are trying the opposite with GSC? I know people that only purchased Yellow. It's possible they might have purchased Red or Blue and then later purchased Yellow if Yellow had been released later.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
My team in Gold right now are Cinder the Cyndaquil, a Hoothoot named Knightly, a female Spinarak I call Spinerella, a Bellsprout named Venus, and the Onix traded from the kid in Violet City. I also caught a Gastly. I'm in Sprout Tower since I haven't played that much since I downloaded the game. Silver is on my 3DS XL.

Cellfaction

I´m playing Gold, right now I'm in Ecruteak City, already beat the Kimono Girls and I´m ready to challenge the Gym Leader.

My Pokémon Team are a Quilava, Croconaw, Bayleef and a Gastly, I got the fisrt two thanks to the Cloning Glitch, Bayleef was a Chikorita given by Prof. Birch and Gastly caught at Sprout Tower, all of them at Level 27.

Now I will be able to test the Time Capsule and teach Psychic and Mega Drain to Haunter, as the same time it evolves.

PokeMaster366

Maybe they realized releasing RGBY all at the same time hurt sales compared to releasing them at separate times and they are trying the opposite with GSC? I know people that only purchased Yellow. It's possible they might have purchased Red or Blue and then later purchased Yellow if Yellow had been released later.

If that's the case, I think I'm just going to wait until Crystal comes out. Gold and Silver are nice and have Ampharos, but me, personally, I consider Crystal the most complete of the bunch. Sure, you miss out on some decent Pokemon, but you get the Battle Tower and access to some of the better exclusives from both games (not to mention Suicune is easier to pin down).

Status
Not open for further replies.