• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gold, Silver and Crystal on 3DS VC - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Eeviil

Wow, I had to rely on the repel trick to get Marill to spawn in Silver. 1% encounter rate? Crazy.

You're supposed to wait for them to swarm. If you register some trainer's phone numbers they will call you from time to time. One of the calls you get is that a super rare pokemon is swarming, then it's like a 25% spawn rate? Pretty high anyway.

You can check the section on the main site to tell you who you need. One trick I don't remember if they cover is that if you delete everybody's phone number except for the one you want, you'll get a lot of calls from them and get a swarm pretty soon.

AmethystLeslie

You're supposed to wait for them to swarm. If you register some trainer's phone numbers they will call you from time to time. One of the calls you get is that a super rare pokemon is swarming, then it's like a 25% spawn rate? Pretty high anyway.

Well, you don't HAVE to. It makes your life easier, but you don't need it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Wow, I had to rely on the repel trick to get Marill to spawn in Silver. 1% encounter rate? Crazy.

I simply waited for a swarm at Mt. Suribachi/Mortar since finding Marill in G/S is normally too difficult otherwise. Luckily, Marill's encounter rate in Crystal is higher than in G/S if I remember correctly.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The Japanese Nintendo YouTube channel has uploaded a trailer for Virtual Console Crystal. Expecting one soon for the US and the EU.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Did Crystal ever come out? I want that one the most lol

Crystal for 3DS Virtual Console isn't out yet technically but you can preload it on your 3DS this time now and you can start playing Crystal starting from January 26, which is the release date of Crystal for 3DS Virtual Console.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I just found out about the Odd Egg shiny odds for the Japanese Crystal Version (the one I'll be playing) and I'm stunned: fifty percent?!? It's a shame they'll have to remove the feature in the VC release... right? They're keeping the GS Ball event, so it makes me wonder if they're going to keep the Odd Egg event too or convert it to the international standard.

AmethystLeslie

I just found out about the Odd Egg shiny odds for the Japanese Crystal Version (the one I'll be playing) and I'm stunned: fifty percent?!? It's a shame they'll have to remove the feature in the VC release... right? They're keeping the GS Ball event, so it makes me wonder if they're going to keep the Odd Egg event too or convert it to the international standard.

Don't see why the international version's version of the Odd Egg would be changed. For Japan, I can see it, and maybe actually make them use the Battle Tower whenever they want instead of online-only.

Manchee

extra toasty

It would be very odd for them to keep it now that they will have compatibility with newer games

Leonhart

Imagineer

I plan on downloading the Japanese VC Crystal, so I wouldn't mind if the chances of hatching a Shiny Pokemon from that egg remain the same as in the original game. Then again, the Pokemon that hatch from the Odd Egg don't necessarily appeal to me much, Shiny or not.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It would be very odd for them to keep it now that they will have compatibility with newer games

But you still can't trade between Japanese and International versions of the games because Virtual Console won't let that happen so I guess Game Freak will keep the Odd Egg shiny rates.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
But you still can't trade between Japanese and International versions of the games because Virtual Console won't let that happen so I guess Game Freak will keep the Odd Egg shiny rates.
I sure hope so. A shiny Pichu or shiny Tyrogue would be lovely.

I wonder if that means the PCC will be a permanent fixture in the Japanese version as well...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I sure hope so. A shiny Pichu or shiny Tyrogue would be lovely.

I wonder if that means the PCC will be a permanent fixture in the Japanese version as well...

Pretty sure the Pokémon Communication Center is a thing in Japanese VC Crystal because there was an article on the official Japanese Pokémon website showing players how to encounter Celebi and it involved obtaining the GS Ball at the PCC. And it would be very good if it isn't a requirement to access the Battle Tower.

Manchee

extra toasty

Japanese version of Crystal → Japanese version of Bank → Japanese version of XY/SM/USUM → International trade

Or am I missing something? The way around that, I suppose, would be to have the Pokémon that hatches have a ribbon or something that prevents it from being traded, whether that is just to Bank or another person entirely.

AmethystLeslie

Japanese version of Crystal → Japanese version of Bank → Japanese version of XY/SM/USUM → International trade

Or am I missing something? The way around that, I suppose, would be to have the Pokémon that hatches have a ribbon or something that prevents it from being traded, whether that is just to Bank or another person entirely.

I believe they just mean you cannot trade between the JP and international versions of the VC games. Migrating them is different.

Crystal_Knight

Dragon Tamer
If we order Crystal through eShop, do we HAVE TO preorder before the release date in order to get the GS ball/Celebi event? Or can we order it any time past the release date and still get the GS ball/Celebi event?

Pokemon Power

If we order Crystal through eShop, do we HAVE TO preorder before the release date in order to get the GS ball/Celebi event? Or can we order it any time past the release date and still get the GS ball/Celebi event?

It can be obtained in Goldenrod City's Pokemon Center after you beat the Elite Four. By the way, Crystal's going live across the globe as I speak. It's currently available in Australia, New Zealand and Japan.

BCVM22

It's ingrained into the game and has no time-sensitive or preorder-based element.

Status
Not open for further replies.