• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gold, Silver and Crystal on 3DS VC - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
I just downloaded Pokemon Crystal onto my "Crystal Blue 2DS" and am really looking forward to playing through this game. Crystal was my first ever Pokemon game back in the day, and I can't wait to relive the Johto Journey. Cheers!

Manchee

extra toasty
I just downloaded Pokemon Crystal onto my "Crystal Blue 2DS" and am really looking forward to playing through this game. Crystal was my first ever Pokemon game back in the day, and I can't wait to relive the Johto Journey. Cheers!

Have fun!! Crystal was my first game, too :) As soon as I beat Yellow (which is probably still going to take some time, I only have one badge, lol) I'm getting Crystal. Hopefully by this summer I'll have it and can treat myself once the semester is over!

Pokemon Power

OK, now all six games from the first two generations are available on the 3DS VC, and thanks to Poke Transporter, it is now possible to send Pokemon from every main series game to Generation VII. So here's one last question before I ask the admins to close up this thread. Do you think they will re-release Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2? And if so, how?

BCVM22

Unequivocally, no. A number of reasons why:

- Seeing your Pokémon battle in fully-realized 3D isn't really a novelty anymore - the core titles have offered that for over four years now. And Generation VI & VII's models are better quality than the N64 Pokémon models.
- Ultimately, you'd need it re-released on a home console for there to be any real benefit from it and Nintendo does not currently support any console with a digital Nintendo 64 library.
- Re-release Stadium or Stadium 2 as is and you'd be limiting its use to 251 out of what is now over 800 Pokémon. Kinda pointless.
- Once Pokémon arrives for the Switch, it will provide whatever it is you're still looking for out of a decades-old, battling-only Nintendo 64 Pokémon game, and then some.

There would simply be very little point to it, even if Nintendo's current system had a functioning Virtual Console.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
OK, now all six games from the first two generations are available on the 3DS VC, and thanks to Poke Transporter, it is now possible to send Pokemon from every main series game to Generation VII. So here's one last question before I ask the admins to close up this thread. Do you think they will re-release Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2? And if so, how?

The 3DS/2DS don't even have the capability of emulating GBA titles so it would be impossible to VC Stadium/2 on the 3DS/2DS.

jvl

Slug Nation
The 3DS/2DS don't even have the capability of emulating GBA titles so it would be impossible to VC Stadium/2 on the 3DS/2DS.

They've ported other 64 games like StarFox & Zelda, why not Pokemon?

Personally I'd love to be able to Play Stadium/2 and even Snap & Super Smash Bros. on my 3DS

AmethystLeslie

Personally I'd love to be able to Play Stadium/2 and even Snap & Super Smash Bros. on my 3DS

Pokemon's not the same, the whole thing is physically connecting with other things. Star Fox and Zelda are just one-and-done games, not meant to connect with anything.

Also Pokemon Stadium on 3DS? I basically might as well have played XY. There's no point. If anything a home console game makes more sense, and the new novelty these days would be seeing mons in HD.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Because there would be zero benefit to this. You can see better 3D modeled Pokémon on your 3DS with the last four sets of core titles, and the tiniest extra benefit Stadium/Stadium 2 might have - connectivity with the Virtual Console releases - is not available, to the best of our knowledge.

Release Stadium/Stadium 2 for the 3DS - which would be even more pointless and less likely because they'd have to port it, as the 3DS can't emulate Nintendo 64 titles directly - and you'd be left with blocky, decades-old models and stuck with rental Pokémon. It's a concept completely bereft of merit.

jvl

Slug Nation
I think they should port it and make in compatible with both Pokemon Bank and the VC titles.

You seem to be boiling down Stadium to the just the 3D models aspect, while I get where you're coming from, I see it more as a highly nostalgic piece of Pokemon history that I'm sure many including myself would enjoy replaying. And while I played the game many times I never owned it as I never had a N64. They has to be some market especially for collectors and the like if they were to release physical boxed versions like the other VC titles.

Either way I'm just being optimistic I know we're unlikely to get ports.

BCVM22

You seem to be boiling down Stadium to the just the 3D models aspect. I see it more as a highly nostalgic piece of Pokemon history that I'm sure many including myself would enjoy replaying. And while I played the game many times I never owned it as I never had a N64.

Not "seem to" - I am boiling it down to just that. Because that's what Stadium was. It was a vehicle by which you could port your very own Pokémon to your N64 and battle them as big, bright models on your TV, and secondary to that, play your Game Boy Pokémon games on that same big screen. All of those benefits are now washed away completely, and what's left is... some minigames.

Lickitung eating sushi is a quality time waster in 1999. Not quite enough for them to put resources into here in 2018. Putting all of the value in the remaining nostalgia is your prerogative, but as you said, that's far, far too soft a foundation on which they'd build a basis for a re-release or a port.

Pokemon Power

Not "seem to" - I am boiling it down to just that. Because that's what Stadium was. It was a vehicle by which you could port your very own Pokémon to your N64 and battle them as big, bright models on your TV, and secondary to that, play your Game Boy Pokémon games on that same big screen. All of those benefits are now washed away completely, and what's left is... some minigames.

Lickitung eating sushi is a quality time waster in 1999. Not quite enough for them to put resources into here in 2018. Putting all of the value in the remaining nostalgia is your prerogative, but as you said, that's far, far too soft a foundation on which they'd build a basis for a re-release or a port.

You forget, in Stadium 1, if you cleared Gym Leader Castle, you could get one of eight Pokemon that you could bring to your Generation I games, including Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Eevee, Omanyte and Kabuto. It was the perfect way to get all the starter Pokemon, Hitmons, Eeveelutions and fossil Pokemon without the need of trading.

Last edited:

BCVM22

You forget--

Gonna pause you there. What you listed doesn't change anything I said. Reward Pokémon were a nice side benefit but little else, and they don't make these games any more valid of a candidate to be ported or re-released any more than the minigames do. Just another completely unnecessary "okay, but..."

Last edited:

jvl

Slug Nation
Just another completely unnecessary "okay, but..."

There's no need to be condescending just because people might have different opinions or views.

All the games really need to justify a port is the demand which they very well could have.

If people would be willing to purchase it and nintendo willing to pursue that market, it would be your opinion on the matter that would be unnecessary.

BCVM22

There's no need to be condescending just because people might have different opinions or views.

It's not condescending to point out that the omission changes nothing about my point. The argument "for" these games that don't exist doesn't suddenly get a Popeye spinach boost because someone unnecessarily points out the original games gave you Pokémon as victory rewards.

it would be your opinion on the matter that would be unnecessary.

All opinions are unnecessary. Mine, yours, that guy over there. Opinions are like mouths. They can suck, we all have them, and many of them smell unless we work daily to keep them clean.

The reality, however, is that this port that we are unnecessarily discussing:

• Doesn't exist
  • Does not appear to be in the process of existing (nothing to suggest it's in development)
  • Would, as far as we know, be completely cut off from any connectivity if re-released on a current system
  • Would lack any value beyond nostalgia as a result of being cut off from that connectivity

None of those are opinions. "If people would be willing to purchase it and nintendo willing to pursue that market." That is an opinion, or at the very least, it's not based in fact. And if you want to try and say "my" opinion is unnecessary, that's fine - my opinion is completely unnecessary, because opinions don't mean much - but what conversely makes your opinion, or someone else's opinion, "more necessary?"

You can keep debating this if you want and saying "sure, I agree the games would have minimal value today and I accept they probably aren't coming, but I bet the nostalgia would sell a few copies." (All things you yourself have said). I lack means or inclination to prevent you from making your point. Keep at it, if you'd like.

I have, however, made my point clear enough, to the degree where I don't need to keep repeating it.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yeah, I think this Stadium discussion has gone on long enough.

Please get back on topic, which is GSC on 3DS VC.

If anyone is interested in discussing the Stadium games, there is the spinoff forum for that.

Aquarelle

Staff member
So, which Pokemon do you all plan to have on your main team of six?

I got all my Crystal team members early (thanks to trading eggs over), and the team will look like this once everyone is fully evolved:

;160; ;229; ;221; ;125; ;198; ;122;

-I've used Feraligatr on Crystal teams in the past. I still need a Totodile for my Pokedex on my Gold VC, so I plan to breed my starter eventually and trade the baby Totodile to Gold.
-Houndoom's something I've wanted to try on GSC for a while, and I wanted a Fire type on my team.
-Piloswine seemed like a good choice since my Sandslash on Gold had moves it could pass on to a Swinub (e.g. Earthquake).
-I just like Electabuzz & Mr. Mime, plus they learn some useful moves.
-Wanted a Flying type, and I haven't used Murkrow much.

AuroraBeam

Will do!!! So, which Pokemon do you all plan to have on your main team of six?

Typhlosion, Umbreon, Bellossom, Quagsire, Miltank, & Skarmory.

Outside of Typhlosion (Special Thunderpunch will be fun) & Umbreon (fav eeveeolution), I've never used the other 4 on a team but I do like them.

Having my flyer be such a late game pokemon maybe weird but at least Johto is fairly easy to traverse without fly.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Will do!!! So, which Pokemon do you all plan to have on your main team of six?

I used the duplication glitch to get all 3 starters. It's my first time using all 3 on the same team. I also caught a shiny Geodude really early in, and I'm working on a Zubat to eventually have Crobat. Haven't decided on a sixth yet.

gentwoer

I also did the Pokemon storage glitch to get all 3 Johto starters. As for my other 3 Pokemon on my team right now I got Heracross, Eevee (that I plan on evolving to Umbreon) and a Togepi (that I'm gonna drop for Ho-Oh)

Status
Not open for further replies.